Advanced searches with Odoo Smart Search using Elasticsearch!
The search bar helps find products effortlessly and conveniently. However, writing the full name to search product is not sound for a good user experience. It will be convenient when users can get search and popular suggestions while searching for products.
Elasticsearch is a full-text search and analytics engine that provides real-time search results on the website. Moreover, it can search results to the search query much faster than the PostgreSQL database based on the index.
Odoo Smart Search using Elasticsearch allows you to efficiently search through the nook and corners to return results in a fraction of the time. Also, the module helps you show results faster on the Odoo website using Elasticsearch.
In addition, you can enable auto-completion, suggestions, recent searches, and trending searches in the search bar on the Odoo website. Further, define the data fields to import from the Odoo server to the Elasticsearch server. Also, retrieve product mapping history for debugging purposes.
Odoo Company ? Read More
- Shows fast results for the searched terms on the Odoo website via Odoo Smart Search using Elasticsearch.
- Also, the admin can map trending searches with the search results from the Odoo backend.
- Mapped searches are shown to customers while hovering over the search box while typing a search term.
- It provides auto-completion suggestion features while entering the search term.
- Similarly, the admin can enable recent searches so the customer can view them while hovering over the search box.
- The module shows real-time search suggestions to customers while typing product names.
- Schedule cron to automatically update the index from time to time for new products on the website.
- Also, the admin can choose and enter the fields they want to be indexed by Elasticsearch.
- Also, you can set the values of the fields you want to index.
- It also allows adding the filter to the results shown on the website for any entered query. For example, hiding out-of-stock products from the search results.
- Moreover, you can customize the hover box from the Odoo backend and include or exclude the product details.
- The mapping history of all products is available in the Odoo backend.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘odoo_elasticsearch.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘odoo_elasticsearch.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Let’s move to the configuration of Odoo Smart Search Using Elasticsearch.
1. Firstly, log in to the Odoo backend and go to ‘Elastic Search> Elastic Index Mapping> Create.’
2. On the new page, fill in the details, select data from the ‘Field Details’ tab, and click the ‘Save’ button.
3. After saving, click the ‘Forcely Update or Create/Update Index’ as per requirement.
3.1. On clicking ‘Forcely Update,’ a pop will appear on the screen showing a successful update message.
3.2. When you click the ‘Create/Update Index,’ a pop-up will appear on the screen about successful creation or update.
4. After creating or updating the index, you can view the mapping by clicking the ‘Record Mapping’ option.
5. On the next page, you can view all the mappings.
6. Now, move to ‘Configuration> Connection Settings> Create.’
7. Fill in the details of the page and click the ‘Save’ button.
8. After saving, you can test the connection with the ‘Test Connection’ button.
9. Once you test the connection, go to ‘Configuration> Elastic Setting> Create.’
10. Next, enter the name under the ‘Website Settings’ tab, and configure the settings under it as per your need.
11. Move to the ‘Advance Settings’ tab, fill in auto-completion options and define the ‘Searching Algorithm.’
12. Next, configure the ‘Cron Settings’ tab.
13. Lastly, open the ‘Elastic Indexes’ tab and click ‘Add a Line’ to add the index.
14. On the website, go to the ‘Shop’ page, enter some words, and Elasticsearch will show the suggestion as per the entered words.
15. Also, if you hover over or click the search bar, you can view the recent searches.
16. On searching for a product name, you will see the related products list below the search bar.
OTHER ODOO WEBSITE MODULES
- Odoo Website Quick Order
- Website Helpdesk & Support System
- Odoo Website General Product Tabs
- Odoo Booking & Reservation Management
- Website Helpdesk & Support Teams
- Odoo Image Before And After
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - V15, V14, V13