Being a non-technical Odoo user, exporting images in the Base64 format will not be feasible for an Odoo user as it is difficult to find the difference in identical products and this process is time-consuming too. Odoo Show Images in Excel simplifies this process as it exports the original Odoo image from the Odoo backend to the excel file or CSV that can be viewed in file format for better visual presentation.
By default, exporting product data from Odoo to excel file is automatically encoded in Base64 format. With the help of this module, Odoo user can directly view the real image and can complete their task without wasting time. It is the most appropriate way to save time.
Odoo Show files in Excel enables users to share the product data in the original format within your organization or outside it. Once the export process is completed, the user can see the preview of the product image rather than the Base64 code.
- Odoo Show Images in Excel exports the original image from Odoo to excel file instead of the Base64 code.
- This module enables users to directly view the real image and prevents it from converting into the Base64 code.
- After installation, users can easily export the original image to the excel file and complete their tasks on time.
- Once exported, the user can view the image preview of the product image present in the image column and can share it with their organization or outside it.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘image_in_excel’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘image_in_excel’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Once the installation process is completed, users can easily export their data to an excel file without any hassle.
The steps are as follows:
- Go to the Odoo website backend and open the Sales app. Click on the ‘product tab‘ and select ‘products’ in it.
- After that, you will see the list of products present on your website. Switch your list into the ‘list view’ if your products are in ‘kanban view‘ by default.
- Select your products for which the data is needed to be exported. You can also select all the products just by a single click.
- After that, click on the ‘Action button‘ and select ‘Export’. A new window will open on your desktop.
- Here, you can select various available fields that are needed to be exported i.e name, website, image, etc. by clicking on the + button.
- Choose the format in which you want to download or export the product data i.e XLS or CSV format.
- Click on the Export button. The Excel or CSV file will be downloaded and is ready to use.
- After the download process is finished, you can see the product images in their original format and not in the Base64 code format as shown below
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V12, V11, V10
Supported Framework Version - 1.0.0