Setting default stock locations become more significant to the users who have various stock locations and various sales teams. Working with various sales teams without assigning a stock location creates huge chaos in maintaining the accountability of the stock products. This helps you in inventory management; which further saves your time, tracking, and various other things. Webkul comes up with the module ‘Odoo Sales Team: Default Stock Location’ that helps you assign a separate default stock location for each team.
This module ‘Odoo Sales Team: Default Stock Location’ allows you to assign a separate default location for each team in the same warehouse to efficiently regulate the stock flow. Admin can set default locations/routes for various ‘Action Rules’ for each sales team. As a result of this, when a sales order is assigned to the sales team, the sales order automatically picks the default set location for that team to deliver the products.
- The admin can set a default stock location for a sales team.
- Once the location is set, it will be automatically added to the sales order each time the respective sales team is assigned to the order.
- The stock is then moved from the set location for that order.
- The default route can be set for products, product categories, sales orders, sales order lines, and warehouses.
- When a default location is set at the product level, the route appears to select in the product form under the inventory tab.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘sales_team_default_stock’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo Apps and then, click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and then, search ‘sales_team_default_stock’.
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it
- Firstly, login to the ‘Odoo Instance’ and go to ‘Sales’ module.
- Go to the ‘Sales Teams’ under the ‘Configuration’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new team.
- Add ‘Sales Team’ name and other details; click on the ‘Add’ button to add ‘Team Members’.
- Add the Route to the ‘Sales Team’; Click on the ‘External Link’ to check the setting of Route.
- Here, the user can select the places where the same route can be selected; and add a ‘Rules’ for the desired route by clicking on ‘Add a line’.
- Add ‘Action’ to the rule once you select you to get the description of the selected action. Add every detail as per the requirement and click on the ‘Save & Close’ button.
- Now, create a new sale order, you can check the assigned Sales Team by clicking on other information tab and then click on the ‘confirm’ button.
- You can see that the delivery of the created ‘Sale Order’ after confirming the order.
- Set location will be automatically added to the sales order each time the sale team is assigned to the order. The stock is then moved from the set location for that order
USER GUIDES FOR OTHER MODULES
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
Odoo Company ? Find out More
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.1
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V14, V13, V12, V11, V10