Redis is an in-memory data structure store, used as a database, cache, and message broker. It supports data structures such as strings, hashes, lists, sets, sorted sets with range queries, bitmaps, hyperlogs, geospatial indexes with radius queries and streams.
Redis has built-in replication, Lua scripting, LRU eviction, transactions, and different levels of on-disk persistence, and provides high availability via Redis Sentinel and automatic partitioning with Redis Cluster.
Odoo Redis session store allows Odoo admin to save in Redis In-Memory Database (IMDB) sessions data. In-memory data storage provides quicker access and better maintenance compared to conventional databases on disk storage.
It also increases cache performance as the number of sessions on your server increases which reduces server load.
Before moving ahead, Check our extensive range of Odoo Apps.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
- Odoo Redis Session module provides the necessary structure to help you configure Redis with your Odoo server.
- The module allows you to save the Odoo sessions on In-memory Redis Store on the same server or a third party service.
- Since the cache is stored on Main memory instead of disk storage, accessing this data becomes much faster.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘wk_redis_session’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘wk_redis_session’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly, login to the odoo portal to go to the settings.
- Click to convert werkzeug session to Redis session. You can convert the Werkzeug Files Session into Redis Session so that the person who has logged in in your website didn’t get logged out when your Odoo redis session store begins.
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11, V10