Connect your Odoo Instance with Quickbooks Desktop Application!
Accounting is one of the most important part of any business; as when accounting is not managed properly then it can lead to huge chaos. It facilitates you to track the inward and outward transactions of a firm. It is a structured process to compute the transactions of the firm to measure the monetary terms; as well as record into the different accounts.
Quickbook is the topmost accounting solution worldwide; used by 300k accountants and 2.5m small businesses around the world. On the other hand, Odoo is a perfect software to manage all the backend data without any complications.
Odoo Quickbook Desktop Connector facilitates you to integrate your Odoo with Quickbook Desktop Application(Standalone Application). The module allows you to easily import and export the data for the flawless accounting management.
- You can connect your Odoo with Quickbook Desktop easily
- Cron runs to import the data in the scheduled time
- You can import Partner, Vendor, Product, Purchase order, Sale Order, invoice and payment via cron.
- Common Import Button to easily import the data
- You can set the maximum limit of the data to import which is maximum 2000
- Streamlined Export Function from Quickbook Desktop
- You can manually map payment terms and payment methods
- You can easily manage the accounting data like quickbook tax code, payment method and payment term
- Track All The Connected Quickbook Desktop Instance from the Dashboard
- Track the Data via Line Graph, Donut Chart, Progress bar, Bar Graph, and Data Cards.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘quickbook_desktop_connector’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘quickbook_desktop_connector’. You will be able to see the module in the search result.
- Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1.) Login to your Odoo instance and go to the Quickbooks Connector
2) Here, you can see the Odoo Quickbook Desktop Connector Dashboard. You need to click on the ‘Add New‘ button available in the top left side to configure the new Quickbooks Desktop Connection.
3) Now, you can see a form where you have option to select the environment between the Production and Sandbox.
4) Here, you need to add the API URL of your ODBC server.
5) After successful connection, you will be able to see some extra tabs in the form that are Quickbook Account Settings, Quickbook Import Time, Default Odoo Settings, Quickbook Import Limit and Quickbook Default Import Data.
Configure Quickbooks settings as per you requirements
|Name of the Tab||Settings Explained|
|Quickbook Account Settings||Inside this tab, you can choose QuickBook Income Account, QuickBook Assest Account, QuickBook COGS Account, QuickBook Default Tax, and QuickBook Default Code. These data will help at the time of exporting data from Odoo to Quickbook Desktop.|
|Quickbook Import Time||Inside this tab, you have the option to select the last import date for the customer, order, category, etc. Otherwise, you can leave these fields blank.|
|Default Odoo Settings||Here, you can set the category, pricelist, salesperson, warehouse, sales team, automatic confirm purchase order, and automatic confirm sale order. It will help you to import data from Quickbook Desktop to Odoo. By enabling these options, sale/purchase order will be automatically confirmed at Odoo end, during order import.|
|Quickbook Import Limit||These limits are used to limit the import data from Quickbooks Desktop to Odoo via cron. Moreover, you can select the limit between 1 to 2000.|
|API Details||Here, you will get four buttons; that are import quickbook sales tax, import quickbook tax codes, import quickbook payment terms and import quickbook payment method. These buttons will help you to import these data from Quickbooks Desktop to Odoo.|
Importing Data from Quickbooks Desktop to Odoo
6) Now, go to the dashboard; from the top section you can see the import and export buttons. Click on the import button then you can see the three options that are Operation, Limit and Instance.
- Operation: Here, you can set the type of data like product, partner/vendor, sale/purchase order, account, etc; that you want to import.
- Limit: Here, you can set the maximum limit of the data you can import at a time which is by default 1 to 2000.
- Instance: Select the Quickbooks Desktop Instance from which you want to import the data.
After this, you can see the ‘Action Now‘ button; click on this button to import data from Quickbooks Desktop to Odoo. If there is already a mapping in Odoo for a data then it will update on the existing one; otherwise, it will create a new one.
Exporting Data from Quickbooks Desktop to Odoo
7) Click on the Export button in the dashboard then you can see the three options that are Operation, Limit and Instance.
- Operation: Here, you can set the type of data like product, partner/vendor, sale/purchase order, account, etc; that you want to export.
- Action: You need to select between the options Export and Update.
- Limit: Here, you can set the maximum limit of the data you can export at a time which is by default 1 to 2000.
- Instance: Select the Quickbooks Desktop Instance from which you want to export the data.
After this, you can see the ‘Action Now‘ button; click on this button to export data from Odoo to Quickbooks Desktop. It will export that data only which is not mapped and will update the data which is mapped.
8) Go to the Account Mapping data from Mapping tab
9) Go to the Payment Mapping data from Mapping tab
Also Read The User Guides For The Other Modules
Hope you find the guide helpful!
Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module Odoo Quickbook Desktop Connector then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13