Authenticate POS user and order with Odoo POS Screen Lock!
POS users often wonder how they can make it more secure? so they leave it unattended for some time without worrying about misuse.
To make the POS secure, you need to lock the POS so you can leave the POS for some time without any worry. But Odoo POS doesn’t have a lock feature, so what to do?
Odoo POS Screen Lock allows the user to lock the POS screen at any point time during the session so that no unauthorized user can access it. Only a valid POS user can unlock the screen after entering his security pin.
- At the beginning of each order, authenticate the POS user by locking the POS screen.
- Users need to enter their authorized security pin to unlock the POS.
- Valid POS users can unlock the screen by selecting their names from the POS user list.
- Also, it has a setting to lock the screen before making a payment for an order.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_screen_lock.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_screen_lock.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Firstly, log in to your Odoo backend and go to ‘Point of Sale> Configuration> Point of Sale.’
Odoo Company ? Read More
2. Next, open the POS session by clicking on it.
3. Now, in the ‘settings’ locate ‘Lock Screen Before Payment’ and tick the box next to it to enable screen lock before making payment, and click the ‘Save’ button.
4. After that, go to ‘Settings> Users & Companies> User’ and select and open a user profile.
5. On the profile, click the ‘Edit’ button,’ go to the ‘Point of Sale’ tab, enter the ‘Security Pin’ and click the ‘Save’ button.
6. Once done, go to ‘Point of Sale’ and start the POS session.
7. In the POS session, you can see the ‘Lock’ icon on the top left of the Page. Click it to lock the POS.
8. Click on the Lock icon present in the center of the screen and ‘Select Cashier.’
9. After selecting Cashier, enter the ‘Security Pin’ and click ‘OK’ to unlock POS.
10. Next, select the ‘Customer’ and add products to the POS. Once done, click on the ‘Payment’ button.
11. Before making the payment, the screen will automatically lock if ‘Lock Screen Before Payment’ is enabled.
12. Follow the step on the Lock screen to unlock it. If you enter the wrong ‘Security Pin,’ the system will show an ‘Incorrect Password’ message on the POS screen.
13. After unlocking the POS by entering the correct security pin, pay the amount and click on the ‘Validate’ button to generate ‘Invoice.’
OTHER ODOO MODULES
- Odoo POS Customer Cart Screen
- Odoo POS Customer Review Screen
- POS Customer Screen Base
- Odoo POS Kitchen Screen
- Odoo POS Barcode Screen
- POS Warehouse Management
- Odoo POS Signature
- Odoo POS Stock
- Restrict User To Default POS
- Odoo POS Clock
- Odoo Marketplace POS Extension
- POS Forced Questions
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - V12, V11, V10, V9, V8