It is said that “Time is money”
Develop a smooth-running system for your shop/restaurant to serve your customers with faster services. Serve the customers, as faster as never before. As customers want more active service in the restaurant they visit. When it comes to serving customers quickly, there has to be a faster way of sending order details to the kitchen and then prepare the order asap by the chef in the kitchen.
We have the most feasible solution for such a scenario. Introducing the “Odoo POS Kitchen Screen” module helps you to send Order details to the kitchen directly when the order confirms. The chef at the kitchen will be notified of the order. Then he/she can confirm the order and offer a quick service.
If you have one or more POS shops in the same database and don’t want to send orders to the kitchen from all POS shops. Then you can set the specified POS shops from the back-end so that only the configured shop can send the orders to the kitchen.
Moreover, Not all the orders in the restaurant go to the kitchen. Suppose, the customer ordered any soft drink or packaged chips then transferring such orders to the kitchen is time-wasting.
Here is the concise list of the features. Visit the Store Page to know the detailed features of Odoo POS Kitchen Screen
1. The module adds kitchen display Screen for Odoo POS.
2. Show specified orders on Odoo POS Kitchen Screen Display..
3. Show Order Details On The POS Kitchen Screen.
4. No Physical Connection or POSBox is required to launch the secondary screen.
5. A separate Odoo POS Kitchen Display screen can be launched for each POS Shop.
6. Show the POS Kitchen Display Screen of the same POS Shop on multiple display devices.
7. Manage orders status directly from the kitchen, mark the status done; once the food is prepared.
1.) Once you purchase the Odoo Pos Kitchen Screen module From Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- “pos_kitchen_screen”.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search “pos_kitchen_screen”.
7.) Now you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Login to your Odoo database and go to the POS app.
2. Click on “POS Kitchen Screen” tab,and then navigate to ‘POS Kitchen Screen Configuration’ to create or configure the kitchen screen.
3. Clicking on Create button you can create any new POS kitchen screen or you can configure any existing POS screen.
4. Here admin can create a new POS kitchen screen by enabling multiple feature.
Navigate to “Screen configuration” here you have multiple features to use for POS screen.
(i) Add its name.
(ii) You can copy past the kitchen URL to see the kitchen screen. Or another way is just simply to click on the Go to Kitchen Screen.
(iii) You select the POS sessions that you want to add to this.
(iv) Allow POS Categories option helps to specify the product categories available to send their orders to the kitchen screen.
Moreover, you can configure the arrangement of kitchen orders under the “Arrangement of Kitchen Orders” tab set it as newer to older or older to newer. You can add the orders on the grid as 2,3,4 or more.
5. Go to “POS Kitchen Orders” from POS Kitchen Screen to view the orders.
Here you can view all the POS kitchen order list.
7. When you Place an order having products of the selected categories and validate it, then the chef will get a notification on the kitchen screen’s bell icon which means a kitchen order has been placed.
Kitchen screen view
8. You can see the kitchen screen, by clicking on the “Go to screen module or by pasting the given link from POS Screen configurations to any other tab.
Here kitchen screen will get a notification as you can see on the bell icon.
9. Now click on the notification bell icon and click on the order then a popup will appear asking to accept or cancel the order.
10. If you accept the order then it will be appearing in the grid view of kitchen screen. after accepting the state of the order will be changed to “In Queue”
11. You can also see the detailed order, simply click on “View Details”
12. Once you click on the “Ready to Cook” Button the state will be changed to “In Process” and the same will be appeared at the pos as well. And then you click on done, this order will be no longer.
13. By clicking on the “Show Kitchen Orders” you can view the update of kitchen orders.
14. Here kitchen orders will be appearing and you can also view their status.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13