Everybody looks for comfort and attracted towards the things they can avail with ease. This customer behaviour inclined the interest of people towards online shopping. Thanks to the e-commerce so that people can purchase things from anywhere and get it delivered wherever they want.
Reviewing the studies, the customers prefer to shop online via mobile phones rather than desktop. Now, you have an opportunity to turn your e-commerce to m-commerce.The Odoo Mobikul Mobile App Builder will convert your Odoo Store into a native mobile application. Now it is not necessary to have desktops/laptops to shop from your store.
Odoo Mobile App for Android & iOS allows you to transform your Odoo store to native mobile application. It offers better user experience and the customers can easily install the app on their mobile devices; hence, they can shop for the products effortlessly on the go.
Check a brief overview of the Android Mobile App –
- One-Time Setup required- Setup and Configure your App with Odoo backend once and you are good to go.
- It allows the customer to sign up and reset their account password right through the app.
- Customers can Social Login* to their account as well (Gmail, Facebook, Twitter) (a paid feature)
- Odoo Mobile App for Android & iOS supports all types of products with or without attributes.
- It provides the facility to user to publish/unpublish products and categories on app separately from Odoo Website.
- Platform(Website/App) from which the customer has bought the products frequently is tracked.
- It helps in managing unlimited Banners and Published/Expiry dates of every banner separately and product sliders and sliders modes(fixed/sliding)
- Allows the User to configure the selection criteria of products like New products etc in an Automatic/Manual way
- Odoo Mobile App for Android & iOS also helps in managing the push notification.
- The user can configure an action to trigger on the customer click like a product/category/custom collection page.
- Odoo Mobile App for Android & iOS helps in managing unlimited featured product category.
- The homepage displays the highlights of the popular categories.
- It also supports the products with multiple images and with features like Zoom-in, Zoom-out and optimized images for faster loading.
- It facilitates the User to Configure the Pricelist at the backend to Apply Special discount on the product(s) such as “App Only” discounts or vice-versa.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- mobikul’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘mobikul’. You will be able to see the module in the search result.
- Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1) Login to your Odoo instance and go to Mobikul Module.
2) Now, click on Settings menu under Configuration Tab; here you can set extra features and addons for the module and under Mobikul Configuration, you need to click on configuration.
3) Here, you can add the name of the app and set the API credentials;
4) Now, click on Advanced tab to set pricelist, country, orders, language and other features.
5) Once done, go to the extra configuration Tab; here you can set terms and conditions for sign up payment terms.
6) Under configuration tab, go to FCM Registered Devices to check and create the devices.
7) Go to the FCM Registered Topics to create and manage these topics.
8) Here, you can also merge categories.
9) Navigate to the Extra Added Features, and go to the banners menu and create a new banner
- Active/Archive– The banner could be in any state active/archive, that is if admin wishes to show the banner it can be active state whereas if the admin wishes to hide the banner it can be in archive state.
- Action to be triggered – This means the admin can set the activity when a customer clicks on the banner. They can be-
- Open product page-A product may be assigned to the banner which opens up when we click on the banner.
- Now, Open Category page- A category may be assigned to the banner which opens up when one clicks on the banner.
- Open Custom Collection page-A banner may be assigned a set of customizable product.
- Description– This section is for admin to add any detail information related to the banner.
10) You can create the Featured Category by navigating to Extra Added features> Featured Category
11) Navigate to the Product Sliders; From here, the admin can either create a new slider or edit the existing one.
- Name- The admin needs to enter the name of the Slider.
- Product Selection-
- Selection Criteria- The selection can be of two types-
- Selection Criteria- The selection can be of two types-
- General Settings-
- Sequence- Order in which admin wishes the slider to be visible in frontend.
- Slider Mode- Here admin can either choose the slider to be in the form of sliding carousel or fixed at one place.
- Maximum no. of products in a Slider- The number of product admin wishes to see in the slider.
- Description- If the admin wishes to add any sort of comment to the slider.
12) You can manage Push Notifications; navigate to the One Time Notification menu.
One time Push Notification– They appear only for one time as the admin hits on ‘Push Now’. The admin needs to enter the content to be displayed in the notification and assign a product, category, custom collection page or nothing to the notification. In advance setting, the admin can set the notification type-
- Token-Based(All Reg. Devices)– In this case, the notifications will be sent to all the registered devices.
- Token-Based(Selected Devices)-In this case, the notifications will be sent to selected devices.
- Topic-Based- Here, the notifications will be sent to according to FCM topics.
13) You can also manage Notifications Templates easily
Notifications Templates- This is a condition based Notification sent to the customer on the accomplishment of a particular condition. The admin can here enter condition as per which the notifications get triggered on front-end. You can associate a product, category, custom collection page or do nothing to the notification. The admin can even edit the image of Notification.
14) You can also manage Notifications Message easily
Notification Message- These are customer-centric notifications which are assigned to the particular customer. Here, along with the customer name admin can enter the display message, banner image, icon image for notification, and Banner-related to the notification.
15) Click on Catalogs Tab and then click on mobikul category to manage Mobikul Categories
View of Landing Page for Android & iOS
Every mobile app should have an attractive landing page so that it can attract customers. It should be in such a way that it should overwhelm the customers. The landing page should always be more attractive. Below screenshot shows Landing page for both Android and IOS platform.
Android & IOS Login Page:
Your business is successful when you have an attractive business that is really important. So, we have both the view of Android and IOS through which you can login into the account.
Android and IOS view of the Homepage
Homepage functions as a store-front window. Basically, a homepage is a page displaying the huge advertisement, without errors, irrelevant news. It displays all the important stuff like etc. It also shows the Product featured Categories, Banner, Product Slider. Moreover, Homepage plays an important role in enhancing the sale of the products or any offers on your e-commerce app as it is next step towards a visitor becoming a customer. In the homepage of this particular app, a user will get featured product category details, product banner, and product slider.
Some important parts of Homepage:
- Featured Category and associated Products– While shopping a customer can add any product to his bag and then continue with the shopping further. At bag page, the customer will find the product added to the cart. The customer can also update the quantity of the product from the bag page. In order to highlight the popular categories on your app, you can convert any category to a featured category.
- Banner -A banner should be attractive enough to easily grab the attention of the users. You can display special offers on your banners. Similarly, our Odoo Mobile app allows you to manage unlimited banners. From Odoo backend you can configure what to trigger when a customer clicks on the banner updated on the Mobile app like – a product, a category of mobile collection page.
- Product Slider – Product Sliders displays the rotating products, the number of products to be displayed on Product Slider will be configured from the Backend. In addition, various product sliders like deals of the day, discount offers, Seasonal Sales etc can be created.
- Drawer– Drawer includes all Mobikul categories like Accessories, Men, Women, Electronics, Sale, VIP, Eyewear, Home&decore, Jewellery.
Search Suggestions in both the platforms
Generally, in a mobile app, search functionality is available with integrated search suggestion functionality. When a user searches for a product suggestions regarding the product, search suggestion are displayed for the product. For example. if a user wants to purchase a product “Apple In-Ear Headphone”, as soon as he will enter the word “Apple” all the product’s suggestions related to apple products will display.
Android and IOS View of My Account
“My Account” displays all the relevant information of a user’s account. It displays the information like Account Info, Address Book, All orders, My Wishlists, Languages, Sign out. Below screenshot shows the dashboard view of both Android and IOS view.
Android and IOS view of Sign up
In case the user wants to log in the into their mobile app account they can use the sign-up and sign in page for the app.
Android and IOS view of Sign-in
If a user wants to log in or sign up in his account then fill all the credentials of the account.
Bags and wishlist
While scrolling down FlipKart, Myntra, or any other e-commerce website, generally users collect their desired product in their wishlist of user account and they are not willing to purchase. On contrary, a bag is a place where customer collects the products which he wants to purchase. After the completion of the payment, review the order of the product order.
The Checkout Process
In an e-commerce business, the Checkout Process is an important part of customer’s journey. When a customer places orders for the product, various stages while the processing out the checkout payment is Billing and Shipping Address, Shipping method, Payment Method and at last Review of the order. Moreover, you can edit the billing and shipping address on the delivery address.
The below screenshot shows the review of an order after the selection of payment method.
Push Notifications displays the relevant information directly on the screen of devices. The chances of gaining user’s attention are very high. It is convenient for customers because without logging into the app every time, customers will get the information through these notifications about ongoing deals. A notification will appear on their Mobile Device consisting of the same.
Also with the help of this app if a new user signs up or if the existing user login with some other social account initially he has to verify his email i.d then he needs to verify his account after that he will get access to place the order form the app. For that, a verification link is sent to his account and once it’s verified a customer can place the order.
Also, Read Other Guides
Did you find the guide of the module Odoo Mobile App for Android & iOS helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V14, V13, V12, V11, V10, V9