Odoo GDPR: Center of Website’s security!!
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the law that sets the guidelines for the collection of personal information of individuals within the European Countries. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and was designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe.
Webkul is offering you Odoo GDPR Module which has a presence in EU and sells to EU residents. The intent of the GDPR module is to provide a means for understanding and complying with the various requirements specified in the regulation. This module makes your customers request access to their data in your database.
- You can edit GDPR Message which is to be displayed on your Websites Footer.
- (Right to Access)- gives access to your customer to manage his personal data
- (Right to be Forgotten)-The customer can request for Removing his all/partial data.
- (Data Portability)-The customer can request for Download a copy of his data.
- You can manage all the customer’s request from the backend itself.
- It also automatically wipes or removes all customer data from your database in one Go.
- The Odoo GDPR Module is fully responsive.
- The module also gives multi-language support.
- Free and quality support provided within 90 days after the purchase of the module to help you in case of problems with the module.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘odoo_gdpr’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘odoo_gdpr’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Once installation is completed, visit the Odoo Website app from the backend.
- Follow the path Configuration >> Settings.
- Here, click on the Odoo GDPR Configuration Option.
- Mention all the relevant details in Odoo GDPR Configuration Form.
- Customize the GDPR content written in the configuration form of the GDPR.
- Customize the Data Removal Message displayed at the time of data deletion by customers.
- After the configuration is done, follow the path Configuration >> GDPR Data Template.
- The Data Template list is displayed of Admin Control for GDPR.
- Fill all the relevant information on Admin Control for GDPR. After that, save the details and move further.
- To view the Admin Control GDPR Request list, follow the path Website >> GDPR Request.
- Here, you will see the list of requests made by customers for downloading their data.
- Mark as done to approve their request. This will let your customers download their data.
- Visit the frontend of the website. Click on ‘My Account’ option.
- After logging into your account and you will be able to view few GDPR menu after login.
- Click on the ‘Manage your Personal Data‘. You will see the new window as shown in the screenshot below.
- The user information appears on the website related to the GDPR law.
- You can request for downloading the data. Once your request will be approved from the backend, customers can download their data.
- A message will pop on your window informing about your request as shown below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11
Supported Framework Version - 1.0.0