Anonymize Your Contacts Easily With Odoo Database Anonymization!
Anonymization is a type of data processing that eliminates or changes publicly identifiable information. Hence, it results in anonymized information that can not be identified with any one person. We can create secure and useful products and features by analyzing anonymized data; such as autocompleting an entered search query, and better-detecting security threats; such as phishing and malware sites, all while protecting user identities. We can also exchange anonymized data securely externally and as a result, making it useful to others without placing our user’s privacy at risk. All this is now Possible with ‘Odoo Database Anonymization’.
‘Odoo Database Anonymization’ allows anonymizing automatically a database backup. Odoo Database Anonymization also allows you to build a fake/dummy communication clone database that can be conveniently shared with any third party. Hence, making it possible to share the connection and login credentials of this clone database with the desired parties via mail. A new question to anonymize every communication field in the Odoo backend can also be generated by the Odoo consumer. Moreover, The Odoo user can also view the history of each performed anonymization query and their Odoo status. The list also displays the number of contacts that the question has impacted.
- Anonymize your clone database with a fake Contact list.
- Odoo Database Anonymization allows you to manage your own anonymize queries.
- It also enables you to track the history of the anonymizing query.
- Furthermore, You can add your own fake records.
- Easy to reset your clone database user’s password.
- It allows you to configure an Email template to send anonymize database details
- It is also easy to Installation.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store; you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘db_anonymization’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-On path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Finally, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and then search ‘db_anonymization’.
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on the ‘Install’ button in order to install the module.
- Firstly; login to the Odoo Instance and then, navigate to the ‘Anonymization’ module.
- Here is the already mentioned database in the Draft State.
- Add DB Name, Clone DB Name, CloneDB Login, CloneDB Password to configure the Clone Database Ready from the Draft state. Click on the ‘Create Fake Records’.
- Enter the number of Fake Records You want to create; after that, click on ‘Create Fake Records’ Button.
- ‘Confirm & Test DB Connection‘ to change the state of Database Anonymization from Ready to DB Connection Successful.
- After Pressing the Button ‘Confirm & Test DB Connection’; a message appears on the screen which shows that the connection is successfully created.
- You can see that the State changes to ‘DB Connection Successful’. Now, Click on the ‘Create Backup’ Button to get ready the Clone Database.
- After Clicking on the ‘Create Backup’ Button; a message appears on the screen which shows that the Backup is Created Successfully.
- You can see the State Changes to Clone Database Ready. Now, You can ‘Execute Anonymize Queries’ on the Clone Database.
- After pressing the ‘Execute Anonymize Queries’ Button; a message appears on the screen which shows the number of queries executed on the database and the status of the Queries.
- You can also Reset your Clone DB user’s Password from the ‘Settings’. Click on the the ‘Reset Clone DB User’s Password’.
- Enter the user for which you want to change the password; Enter the password and click on the ‘Reset’ button.
- You can check the Query List simply by moving to the ‘Query List’ under the ‘Configuration’ menu. Here you can check Queries and Create New Queries.
- You can check the Query Response History simply by moving to the ‘Query Response History’ under the ‘Configuration’ menu.
- You can check the Faker Contact simply by moving to the ‘Faker Contact’ under the ‘Configuration’ menu. Here you can check and Create New Faker Contact.
Clone Database is Ready
- Here, You can see Clone DB name with Timestamp. Anonymize Clone Database is Ready now.
Also, Read The User Guides For The Other Module
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues and queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V14, V13, V12