It is highly essential to know the net difference between the influx and efflux of the money in your business. Calculating the outstanding and unpaid remunerations from the customers thus becomes an important task for you to keep unnecessary build-up of unpaid payments from customers in check.
Odoo Customer credit limit Module takes you one step closer by allowing you to put tabs on the spending in your store. It facilitates putting a credit limit or purchase limit on the customers in Odoo.
If the sum of both total outstanding amount from the previous dues and a current order exceed the prescribed limit, the system shows a cautionary pop-up on the screen.
The pop-up shows the details of the previous dues, set credit limit and the amount exceeding the limit so you can make wise decisions.
Only a manager can approve such a quotation. An Odoo user other than the manager needs to send an approval request to his/her manager to approve the quotation.
- The module facilitates putting spending limit for the customers in Odoo.
- The Odoo admin can set a credit limit for any customer in the Odoo.
- The credit limit offered is the sum of total outstanding payments from previous orders and total bill amount of the current sale quotation being placed for the customer.
- If the total of previous dues and current quotation exceed the assigned credit limit, an Odoo user cannot convert the sale quotation to the sales order.
- A pop up displays a detailed breakdown of the total due amount of the customer.
- The Odoo user, other than the manager needs to send an approval request to his/her manager to confirm the quotation.
- The request is sent to the respective manager via mail.
- Once the request is confirmed, the Odoo user is notified via mail. Also, the confirmation message shows up in the Odoo chatter of the concerned order.
1.) Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘sales_customer_credit_limit’.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘sales_customer_credit_limit’.
7.) You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1.) Login to the Odoo as a user. Then, navigate through Sales >> Customers. Click on any customer to view the customer form.
2.) Under Invoicing, you can view the current allocated credit limit of the customer. You can also change or assign the credit limit to any customer here.
3.) Now, go to sales >> quotations. Click on create.
4.) Now, select the customer, add the products to the order line, fill the rest of the quotation form and save it.
5.) Next, click on confirm Sale tab.
6.) Now, if the sum of the total amount of this quotation and other open invoices of the selected customer exceeds the credit limit, a warning pops up on the screen.
7.) The popup shows the detailed information of the current limit and open invoices.
8.) Moving on, to confirm the quotation click on ‘Exceed Limit’ tab.
9.) On clicking the ‘Exceed limit’ tab, the manager of the particular Odoo user receives the approval mail request on his system.
10.) The approval request message is also logged in the Odoo chatter.
11.) The manager can open the quotation from his mail and approve the quotation.
12.) Once approved, an automatic email notification is sent to the respective Odoo user.
13.) The mail notification is also logged into the Odoo chatter.
14.) The Odoo user can proceed with the order.
15.) If a user other than a manager tries to confirm a quotation which exceeds the credit limit, a message popup appears prohibiting the user in doing so.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - ODOO V11