Inventory or stock is the products owned by a company for the eventual purpose of resale. Inventory management is a systematic approach to the procurement, storage and sale of inventories both raw material and finished goods.
The main concept of inventory is to manage the right stock, at the right size, in the right position, at the right time at the right cost as well as the right place. Moreover, Inventory management helps you to integrate your entire business and; provide automation to the manual tasks. It takes a lot of time and efforts to update the quantity of the products in inventory. Odoo advance stock inventory import makes it simple for you with just a few steps. This feature of Odoo allows you to update the inventory of multiple products through single CSV/XLS file.
Odoo advance stock inventory import allows you to just put simple headers in the file, with concerned information under the headers; and the system will automatically update the inventory of the mentioned products when the file is validated in the Odoo. The new quantity of a modified product is the sum of the old quantity in hand and the quantity of the product mentioned in the file.
Please use same header title in the CSV/XLS file as given below to export the respective field.
- Product_external_id: For Product External ID
- Product_id: For Product ID
- product_code: For Product Internal Reference
- product_barcode: For Product Barcode
Importing Warehouse Location
- location_external_id : For Location External ID
- location_id: For Location ID
- location_name: For Location Name
Importing Lot Numbers
- lot_external_id : For Lot/Serial Number External ID
- lot_id: For Lot/Serial Number ID
- lot_name: For Lot/Serial Number Name
- quantity: For Quantity
- The module Facilitates updating the product stock through a CSV/XLS file.
- The Odoo user needs to enter the header titles below in the file and the information is added to the Odoo when the file is upload in Odoo.
- The Odoo admin just needs to import the new quantities of the products through a relevant CSV/XLS file.
- The quantity of each product noted in the CSV/XLS file is added to the present quantity in hand for the respective product in the Odoo. Thus, the new stock becomes the total of the two numbers.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘advance_inventory_import’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘advance_inventory_import’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly login to the odoo database and go to the inventory module.
- Go to the master data tab and then select inventory import.
- Fill all the necessary details and then upload CSV/XLS file to import inventory.
- Click on the import button to import the inventory.
- Click on the continue inventory tab and then validate the inventory.
- Inventory is sucessfully validated.
- Go to the operations tab and click on the inventory adjustments.
- Check the inventory adjustments.
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
However, if you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12