Till now, the Admin was able to create/allow Sellers on his Multivendor Marketplace for Shopify, but now with the new Multivendor Marketplace feature app, Artist Product Design, Admin can create/add Artists on his store and let them add designs for the products to sell.
If the Admin wants to sell products with designs from different Artists then he can do so by using this featured app.
This app comes at a cost of $10.00 per month.
NOTE THESE POINTS
- Admin can decide whether he wants to create his Multivendor Marketplace only for Artists or for Sellers as well.
- Admin can’t convert the already added Seller into Artists.
- Two different artists can’t have similar email IDs.
- Admin can decide whether he wants his Artists to create products or not.
- Artists can only create normal products; designs by Artists can only be added to normal products.
Visit the featured apps section of the Multivendor Marketplace for Shopify & enable the Artist Product Design feature app:
After accepting the charges, you are good to go!
Configuring Admin Panel
Go to: Multivendor Marketplace Admin Panel > Configuration > Seller Configuration:
On the Seller Configuration page, the Admin will have a configuration regarding this app:
Artist Product Design Configuration
Further, go to Multi vendor Marketplace Admin Panel > Configuration > Artist Design Configuration:
- Enter a label for the Artist: From this option, you can change the label for the Artist on the artist panel.
- Allow the artist to add a product: From this option, you will be able to allow the artist so, they can also add products to your marketplace store.
- Design Verification: From this option, you can physically verify the artist’s product designs.
- Print Packing Slip: From this option, you can allow the artist to print packing slips of the designs.
- Store Location Name: Enter the location name of your store.
- Store Location: Enter the complete address of your store where you want to receive the packet
- The Store Location City: Enter the city of your store’s location.
- Country: Enter the country of your store’s location.
- Store Location Zipcode
- Enable Initial Replacement Value: From this option, the admin can set an initial replacement value on the product designs.
- Initial Replacement Value Type: The initial replacement value will be in percentage.
- Initial Replacement Value: Enter the initial replacement value whose percentage amount will be applied to product designs.
Note: Initial Replacement Value is the amount payable by the admin to the artist if the artist’s product (which was sent to the admin for physical verification) gets lost, damaged, etc. during the process of verification.
- Artist Commission: You can set a separate commission on artist product designs.
If you disable it, the commissions will be charged on the basis of commission set on your marketplace. It can be any global, collection, product, membership or seller commission.
- Edit Template: You can edit the artist design package slip template that is used for physical verification.
Custom Fields for Artist
The admin can add custom fields for the designs added by the seller. Perform this function by visiting Multi-vendor Marketplace Admin Panel > Configuration > Custom Fields. While adding the fields, select the field type as design.
To know more regarding custom fields, check out the following blog: Add Custom Fields on Multi-Vendor Marketplace for Shopify.
WHETHER YOU WANT TO HAVE SELLER ALSO ON THE STORE
If you disable this option then on the Seller Registration page, the sellers will have the option to join only as Artists but if you enable this option then Sellers can register themselves as Sellers also. Similarly, if disabled, the Admin will be able to add only Artists on his store.
If you don’t want Sellers on your Multivendor Marketplace & want to have a store only for Artists then disable this option.
ALLOW ARTIST TO ADD PRODUCT
Your Artists will be able to add products from the Multivendor Marketplace Artist panel.
Mark that: If you want your Artist to add products then enable this option and with that make sure you have enabled the ALLOW SELLER TO ADD/EDIT/DELETE PRODUCT options from the Product Configuration.
Go to: Multivendor Marketplace Admin Panel > Configuration > Product Configuration:
Admin Adding Artists
Go to: Multivendor Marketplace Admin Panel > Sellers > Seller Listing > Add Seller:
Fill the Add Seller form as usual & select Join As- Artist (if Admin has disabled the WHETHER YOU WANT TO HAVE SELLER ALSO ON THE STORE option from the configuration then here he will not get the ‘Join As’ option for Seller)
Added Artists will be visible on the Seller Listing page-
The Admin can edit/disable the Artist but can’t delete it.
Artists Registering themselves
On the registration form, Seller needs to join as Artist:
(You can find the link for Seller Registration Page on the frontend)
After this, the Artist will be redirected to the Multivendor Marketplace Artist Panel (if the Admin has enabled the AUTO APPROVE SELLER option from the Seller Configuration, otherwise, the Artist’s request will be sent to the Admin in an approval pending state; the Artist will receive an email with the Artist/Seller panel link, after the approval).
The Artist Panel will be similar to the Seller Panel except, the Artist will have an option to add Product Design.
Artist Adding Product Design:
Go to: Multivendor Marketplace Artist Panel > Products > Product Design > Add Products Design:
The artist needs to enter the required details & save the product design:
The Admin will receive this created product design in an approval pending state. So to add product designs to the products, the Admin needs to enable the product design from Admin Panel.
Go to: Multivendor Marketplace Admin Panel > Products > Product Design > Enable the design:
When enabled by the Admin, the Artist will have the product design on the Products > Product Design page in an approved state:
Artists can further edit the name & description of the product design but can’t update the product design image or the price & once the created product design is used or added to a product, it can’t be deleted.
Multivendor Marketplace Artist Panel > Products > Product Design
Send design for physical verification
Now, the artist needs to send the design for physical verification. To do so, he needs to ‘edit’ the design:
The artist can also view the packaging slip by clicking on the ‘packing slip‘.
To send the design, click on ‘Send Design‘, enter the following details & save.
Now, the admin needs to verify the design by visiting Multivendor Marketplace Admin Panel > Products > Product Design:
Once verified, this procedure is irreversible.
Admin can further view the design by visiting Multivendor Marketplace Admin Panel > Products > Product Design:
Admin can now download the product design image, can change initial replacement value and also set a final initial value.
Request For Change Initial Replacement Value
Once the admin sends a request to change the initial replacement value, an email will be sent to the artist.
Note: Any further conversation regarding the replacement amount should be conducted over your personal email system. That is, there is no such function given in the marketplace for further conversation.
Once a mutual replacement value is decided by the consent of both admin & artist, the admin can go ahead and set the final replacement value.
Note that, the admin needs to attach proof that shows the approval of the seller regarding the final replacement value. It can be a file (JPEG, JPG or PDF format). The maximum size allowed is 3MB.
The artist can view the replacement value by visiting marketplace seller panel > Products > Product Design > Edit:
Admin adding Products with Product Design:
Multivendor Marketplace Admin Panel > Products > Product Listing > Add Products:
To add design to a Product, the Admin needs to choose the product type as ‘Normal’ only & the Seller email should be of the Artist whose product design needs to be added (only after entering the Artist’s email ID, the Admin will get an option to choose the product design):
Now, to add the product design, click on the ‘Select Design’ button, a pop-up will arrive, where the Admin needs to enter the first three letters of the product design name to get the design in suggestion, select the design, fill all the required fields in the ‘add product form’ & save the product:
Make sure that the product price is greater than or equal to the product design price.
The added product can be viewed by the Admin from the Products > Product Listing page. The Admin can edit, disable, delete & reassign the product created:
Admin Reassigning Products
Admin can reassign the products & after reassigning, the added product design is automatically removed from the product; this has two scenarios:
- If the Product with product design is reassigned to a Seller, then the product design will be removed (by default) & can’t be added to this product as now the product belongs to the Seller & not to the Artist.
- If the product with product design is reassigned to a different Artist, then, the product design will be removed from the product (by default) & needs to be added again (the new product design that will be added should be of the new assigned artist).
Go to: Multivendor Marketplace Admin Panel > Products > Product Listing > Reassign (as shown in the image above) > Enter the email ID of other Seller/Artist in the pop-up > Reassign:
Artist adding Products with Product Design:
- If the Admin has enabled the ALLOW ARTIST TO ADD PRODUCT option from the Seller Configuration, the Artist will be able to add products.
Go to: Multivendor Marketplace Artist Panel > Products > Product Listing > Add Product:
Similarly, the Artist needs to fill the ‘add product form’, where he needs to select the product type as normal and he will get the ‘choose artist design’ option by default in the form:
Make sure that the product price is greater than or equal to the product design price:
The created product will be listed in the Products > Product Listing page.
From the same page, the Artist can edit/duplicate/delete the created product:
- If the Admin has disabled the ALLOW ARTIST TO ADD PRODUCT option from the Seller Configuration, the Artist will not be able to add products, he can only view the products from the product listing page.
In the case of products with product design, the Artist will get the amount of the design as mentioned by him while creating the product design whereas the Admin will get the difference between the product design & product price.
Let’s take an example:
Artist created a product design of $100.
Now, the Admin/Artist created a product & added the above-created product design to it. Marked the product price at $120 (which should be greater than or equal to the product design price).
So, $100 will go to the Artist whereas, $20 will go to the Admin on every order purchase.
NOTE: This feature will not work in case of the sales price!
Drop your query at email@example.com or create a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com.