Multi-Vendor Akeneo Connector for Magento 2: With the help of this module, you can connect and synchronize Magento 2 Multi-Vendor Marketplace with Akeneo. You can create vendor listing from Akeneo, reference vendor data attribute, and assign products to vendors.
- This module requires you to install three modules first –
- Multi-Vendor Marketplace Module for Magento 2
- Magento 2 Akeneo Connector
- Marketplace Web Services API for Magento 2
- For Magento Enterprise/Commerce, select Magento Enterprise Edition option.
- This module is compatible with Akeneo Community Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Cloud (PaaS/Flexibility) Edition.
- Dedicated Support for Magento 2.3 is provided
- Create vendors on Akeneo and export them
- Reference data attribute for vendor
- Assign products to vendors and export them to Magento 2
Magento API Integration
For creating API in Magento, login to your admin panel and go to ‘System>Integrations>Add New Integration’. In the ‘Name’ field, add any unique name for identification and enter admin panel password in ‘Your Password’. Please leave rest of the field as blank and continue to next step.
Select APIs for Integration After providing the Integration Info, go to the API section and select the following resources and click Save.
- Catalog, Inventory, Products, Categories, Admin Seller Management API, Marketplace Management, Customers
- Stores, Settings, Currency, Attributes, Other Settings
Here are the other options.
Once the API is created, you will see the integration in the list, click Activate.
The following pop-up window will appear, click Allow button.
The API credentials will be generated as follows. Then, you need to copy Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token, and Access Token Secret and paste them in Akeneo configuration.
Please follow these steps for installing Multi-Vendor Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 in your Akeneo PIM platform.
- Unzip the respective extension zip and then merge “src” folder into the Akeneo project root directory.
- Goto app/AppKernel.php and add the following line in function registerProjectBundles()
- Goto app/config/routing.yml and add these lines at top of the file
mutlivendor: resource: "@Magento2MarketplaceBundle/Resources/config/routing.yml" prefix: /
- Navigate app/config/config.yml and add these lines at end of file
pim_reference_data: vendor: class: WebkulMagento2MarketplaceBundleEntityVendor type: simple
- You have to navigate first to Akeneo installation directory (Ex: cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs). After SSH, you have to run the command to your Akeneo server by the terminal.
rm -rf ./var/cache/** && php bin/console pim:install:asset --env=prod && php bin/console assets:install web --symlink --relative && yarn run webpack && php bin/console d:s:u --force
- You have to restart your web server like Apache, Nginx. Run the command for Apache web server.
sudo service apache2 restart
Common Issues After Installation
It might happen that even after proper installation, upon opening your Akeneo admin dashboard, you see a loading screen. In that case, do check for the following solution:
- Webpack Installation: If you get the below error It means that web pack is not installed in your system. Run the following command
npm install --save-prod webpack npm install
- Module routing.yml is not configured properly. Re-check the routing.yml file as mentioned in the 3rd step of Module Installation
- Clear your browser cache.
Create Vendor In Akeneo
After successfully installing the module in Akeneo, you need to set up the Magento2 API credentials in Akeneo. For creating credentials in Akeneo, you can follow the Akeneo Magento2 connector user guide. Magento2 Akeneo PIM connector:
You can see the installed module in Akeneo. After clicking on the Vendors, you can see the Marketplace vendors page.
After clicking on the Add vendor icon, you will go to the Add Vendor page where you can create the vendor.
Here you have to fill the details like code, Email, first name, last name, and Profile/Shop url. After entering the details, click on the save button. You can see all the created vendors.
Create a Vendor Attribute in Akeneo
Before creating the product in Akeneo, you have to create a Reference data simple select attribute for the vendor in Akeneo. Goto Akeneo Dashboard -> Setting ->Attributes -> Create Attribute. You have to select the Reference data simple select attribute.
After it, you have to enter the details like attribute code, attribute group.
You have to also add the type-specific parameter in this attribute. Click on the save button.
Now you have to add this attribute to the product family. You have to go Akeneo setting -> Family -> add Attribute. After adding the attribute to the attribute family, you can see the attribute.
Create Product in Akeneo
To create a product in Akeneo, go to navigate to Products and click Create button. Now, you need to choose product type – as Product or Product Model.
Product – Select this type for creating simple and virtual products.
Product Model – Select this type for creating a configurable product with variations.
Family – A family is a set of attributes that will be the same for all products belonging to a family. The product family represents products type, imposes product information structure and defines the list of attributes for a product that it belongs.
Now you need to provide information about the product. You have to enter the data like Name, Description, Quantity, Price, and SEO information.
Here you can associate the vendor with the product.
After entering all the product information, save your changes and go to Product Navigation and select Categories.
Magento2 Export Job
To make seller approval by default on Magento2 end. For it, you have to navigate Stores->Configuration->Marketplace->General Settings->Seller Approval Required.
Select the Yes option and click on the save button.
Now to export your product data you need to create a job profile and execute it. First, go to Exports>Create Export Profile and enter a unique code, label and select a job profile.
For more information about the creating export profile in Magneto2. Click Here
After creating the export profile, click on the Export Now button. The execution of the export process will begin, the page will refresh continually to update the information.
Wait for the execution process to complete and check the errors. After the completion of the export job, the products will appear in Magento catalog. You can also see the Vendors created and associated with the product in Akeneo.
As you can see that the following products have been imported from Akeneo. The admin can view the products and make any changes in product edit form of Magento.
You can see the vendors associated with the product in Akeneo. For this, you have to navigate Magento2 DashBoard -> Marketplace Management -> Manage Seller.
After clicking on the Manage seller, you can see all the vendors associated with the products that exported from Akeneo.
You can also check the products assigned to the vendors in Magento2. For it, you have to navigate Magento2 DashBoard -> Marketplace Management -> Manage Product.
For any issues related to this module, please create a support ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket Also, for any pre-sales queries or customization discussion, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x Akeneo PIM 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, and 2.3.x