Marketplace Event Manager For Magento2 is a superb module which is used to create Event ticket for movies, seminar, theater, etc. along with the Event venue and Event terms and Condition.
The seller, as well as the admin, can create events products and it is as simple as adding products in the Magento2 Marketplace.
This module is a boon for the sellers as it caters their requirement easily and this module is very easy to use.
- This module is an add-on of Magento2 Marketplace Module. To use this module, you must have installed Magento2 Marketplace Module first.
- A new product type is added in Magento2 for the event products.
- A separate form for the seller to add event products from the Marketplace.
- The seller can create, delete, and update event products.
- One Event product can have multiple types of tickets.
- Each type of ticket will have its own quantity.
- Product quantity will depend on ticket quantity.
- If in the event product, one type of ticket quantity is out of stock that ticket type will not be added to the cart.
- After placing the order, the customer will receive the tickets through the mail as well.
- QR code validation for tickets.
- The seller can send a reminder to his customers who have purchased the tickets.
- The seller can set terms and conditions for Event product, so the customer can only add the product to the cart if they agree to the terms and services.
- The customer can view tickets details in their account.
- The customer can take a printout of the tickets.
- Admin can create event product since a new event product type is added to Magento2 products types.
- The seller can see and send reminders to all the buyers of the event product.
- The customer can view and search upcoming events.
- Upcoming events are show based on the admin configuration
Installation – Magento2 Marketplace Event Manager
Customers will get a zip folder. Then they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
For translating the module language, navigate through app/code/Webkul/MarketplaceEventManager/i18n and edit the en_US.csv file.
Thereafter, rename the CSV as “en_SA.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the Arabic language. After editing the CSV, save it.
Then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/MarketplaceEventManager/i18n where the Magento2 is installed on the server. The module gets translated into the Arabic Language.
After installing the module, the admin configures the module by navigating to Stores > Configuration > Webkul > Marketplace Event Ticket System.
Furthermore, the admin configures the Marketplace Event Ticket System Settings as under:
Enable Ticket System: The admin needs to set the status of the Ticket System as ‘Yes.’
Order Notification Email Template: Set the Email Template for sending notifications for the order.
Remainder Email Template: Template for the remainder emails which are sent to the customers.
Set Global Event Prefix: It is prepended to the ticket number. Also if the seller has not set his event prefix, then the admin sets the global event prefix which is prepended to the ticket.
Set Add to Cart Label for Expired Event: Set a label for notifying about the event expiry.
Allowed Categories for Seller to Add Events: Set categories for the sellers to add events.
Set Upcoming Events From Date: Set the start date to display the list of events commencing from that respective date (From Date).
Set Upcoming Events To Date: Set the end date to display the list of events uptill that respective date (To Date).
- If any event starts on the To Date, the events will display for the date which is one day before.
- For instance, if the ‘From‘ date is set as 1st Novemeber and ‘To‘ Date is set as 30th November and there is an event which starts on 30th Novemeber, then, the events will display uptill 29th November.
Enable Terms at Frontend:
The admin may enable the terms and conditions which shall display on the product page.
Show Expired Products on Frontend:
By enabling this option, the customer can see the expired products on the front-end. For the reference, you can check the below image:
When the admin will set Upcoming Event From and To date. The user can view various Upcoming Events entered by multiple sellers in the homepage.
Seller’s End –
Add Event Ticket –
Now under “Add Event Ticket”, the seller can add new event tickets.
Here, the seller can enter the name of the Event, Descriptions, Event terms & Conditions and the Event venue.
Seller will also enter Event Unique Code, Event From and To date, event images, and Event types.
My Event list –
After adding an Event, the seller can see that event under “My Event List”.
Here, the seller can see all the events which the seller adds along with the Event name, Event image, Price, Action and Send Reminder option.
Reminder mail received by the customer –
The customer will receive a remainder mail as shown in the image below.
On the product page, the buyer can see Event name with its description, Various Ticket types, the checkbox for the Terms & Conditions.
Clicking the Terms & Conditions link will bring up a pop-up to show the terms and conditions applicable as shown below in the snapshot.
Booking Tickets for Events: Customer End
After purchasing the Event tickets, the customer can view their booked Event Tickets under “My Tickets” in their dashboard. Here they can view Event name, Event timing, Event venue.
To view the tickets under “My Tickets“, first the invoice should get generated at the seller’s end only then will the order be visible under the customer’s account menu option – My Tickets.
On clicking on “View Ticket Details”, the customer will be re-directed to a new page where they can view the QR code, print that ticket and view other details.After clicking the “Print” you will see the print page for the event ticket as shown below in the snapshot.Also, the customer will receive the Event Ticket details in their email as per the snapshot below.
Verification of Event Ticket
When a customer reaches an event, he has to show a printed copy of a ticket or the screenshot of an emailed ticket to the seller.
￼After ticket validation, it redirects the seller to the login page.
Admin Management – Marketplace Event Manager for Magento2
In the admin panel, the admin can add new Event Tickets simply as a Magento2 product.
To add a new Event Ticket, the admin needs must navigate to Product -> Catalog -> Add product -> Manage Products.
For creating the Event Ticket, the admin has to select “E-Tickets” as the product type.
After clicking the “E-Tickets” product type, another page will open. Here the admin adds general details like Event Name, Description, enter the price.
For creating multiple Ticket Types, the admin will go to the “Custom Option”.
For creating normal Magento products, admin can add various options under the Custom Option.
In the same way for adding multiple Ticket Type under product type as E-Ticket, the admin will click on the “Custom Option” tab.
Here admin will click on “Add New”, enter the title and then select input type. For creating Event Ticket, only radio buttons are available.
That’s all for the Marketplace Event Manager for Magento2 module. If you still face any issue, feel free to raise a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x