This blog explains how the Shopware6 Akeneo Connector enables you to export and then manage custom fields from the Akeneo end.
It allows you to export custom fields for All supported attribute types and manage custom fields in multi-locals.
What you will know:
- Custom field in shopware6.
- How to create a custom field in shopware6 for the product.
- Visibility of the custom field in product pages.
- The supported type of custom fields in Akeneo.
- Export the custom field from Akeneo to Shopware6
Custom field in shopware6.
Shopware 6 provides a flexible and powerful feature called “Custom Fields” that allows you to extend and customize the data structure of your store. Custom Fields enable you to add additional data fields to various entities in Shopware, such as products, categories, customers, orders, etc. This feature provides you with the ability to tailor your store to specific business requirements without modifying the core codebase.
How to create a custom field in shopware6 for the product.
In Shopware 6, you must carry out the subsequent actions to add a custom field to a product.
Akeneo Company ? Find out More
- Create a custom field using the steps mentioned in the previous response.
- Access the Shopware 6 administration and navigate to “Settings” -> “System” -> “Custom fields” -> “Product”.
- Click on “Add field” to create a new custom field assignment.
- Fill in the necessary details for the custom field assignment:
- Entity: Choose “Product” from the dropdown menu.
- Field: Select the custom field you created in the previous steps.
- Position: Define the position of the custom field in the product details.
- Save the custom field assignment.
Remember to clear the cache after making changes to ensure the changes take effect. You can do this by navigating to “Settings” -> “System” -> “Caches & Indexes” and clicking on the “Clear cache” button.
With these steps, you have successfully assigned a custom field to a product in Shopware 6.
Visibility of the custom field in product pages.
On Shopware 6’s product detail page, the custom field needs to be shown. In the “Custom fields” section of the corresponding product, you can add or modify values for the custom field.
You can do this by navigating to “Product page” -> “Specification” -> “Custom fields
The supported type of custom fields in Akeneo
The are several Akeneo attribute types that we can map as custom fields and export in the shopware6.
The supported type attributes are:
- Text type
- Text-area type
- Number type
- Simple select type
- Multi-select type
- Date Type
- Yes/No (Boolean) type
Export the custom field from Akeneo to Shopware6
For exporting custom fields from Akeneo we need to create a custom mapping at the attribute mapping tab. After that, we need to add the Shopware6 custom field’s technical name at the Akeneo custom mapping.
Now export the product values as per the mapped attribute with the product export jobs and can check the shopware6 product specifications fields.