Magento 2 Search Suggestion module provides immediate search results. It shows results while you are still typing and gives suggestions for Magento 2 store products. Products are shown with image, product name, and price.
Thus, enhancing customer engagement in the store as they are not having a tough time searching for a product. It helps in reducing the bounce rate of the store.
Watch the video tutorial below to understand the extension workflow:
- The results display immediately while still typing.
- Open source code and fully customizable.
- It can search by Tags, Product Name, and category.
- Shows popular products based on Ratings.
- Highlighting of the keyword in the search result.
- It is very easy to configure and handy to use.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system.
The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder.
So, you need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command - php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Module Configuration – Magento 2 Search Suggestion
After the successful installation of the module you need to go Stores -> Configuration and select the Search Suggestion option under Webkul Tab.
So, the admin can set various options for search suggestions like –
- show terms,
- show products,
- display products,
- display categories,
- the number of products, etc.
- Terms: Admin can set any number of Terms to show terms in search suggestions.
- Products: Admin can set any number of Products to show products in search suggestions.
- Terms: Admin can set Display Terms as Yes or No.
- Terms Number: Admin can set Display Terms Number as Yes or No.
- Product: Admin can set Display Products as Yes or No.
- Categories: Admin can set Display Products as Yes or No.
Magento 2 Search Suggestion – Storefront View
After inserting all required details Search Suggestion is ready to display.
So, that’s all for the Magento 2 Search Suggestion, If you still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better https://webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x