Quickbooks is an accounting software. Using this software, one can track and manage the sales and business transactions.
If you don’t have a proper internet connection or don’t want to pay the monthly subscription bills for using the Quickbooks Online. Then Quickbooks Desktop version is the best solution you can go for. Using Magento 2 Quickbooks Desktop Connector module you will be able to integrate your Magento Store with Quickbooks desktop version. And, lets you synchronize all your order data from Magento to QuickBooks Desktop.
Sales receipts for all the synced orders will be created in QuickBooks Desktop using this module. This will also synchronize the customers who have placed the orders. And sync the product for which the orders have been placed.
The orders placed by guest users are also synchronized to your QuickBooks Desktop. This module will streamline and manage your account information.
**For integrating QuickBooks Online with Magento 2, please check out Magento 2 QuickBooks connector module.
To make use of this extension you must already have QuickBooks Desktop or you can –
You will also need to install Quickbook Web Connector before using this module.
The module will only work correctly for the SSL certified sites.
You need to create a company file. Please click here to know how to create one.
- The admin can synchronize the Magento 2 store Orders and invoice to the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select when to create Sales Receipt in Quickbooks – Order Place, Invoice Create, or Order Complete.
- The admin can configure the time period for Quickbooks Scheduler.
- Sync customer who have placed the orders.
- Sync the product for which the orders have been placed.
- Sync shipping options used in placing the order and their details.
- Sync the tax rates, Magento Order Id and also the custom options in the sales order receipt.
- Sync payment method used in placing the order and their details.
- Sync Guest user orders from Magento 2 to Quickbooks Desktop.
- Now the order invoice are exported to QB for the selected payment methods.
- Now the customers are created with there name instead of email.
- Magento Order id will be added in MEMO of QB Order.
- The admin can export Magento Orders according to the date range.
- Now payment information are synced with sales receipt.
- Customer type and customer address sync with customer on Quickbooks.
- Tax information is exported to QuickBooks with sales receipt.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento 2 root directory.
First command- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Fourth Command – composer require consolibyte/quickbooks
If you need to do the module translation, please navigate to the following path in your system app/code/Webkul/QuickbooksDesktopConnect/i18n.
Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in the below screenshot.
After editing and translating the CSV file, you need to save the translated file name according to your region language and country code such as – de_DE.CSV. Then upload the translated file to the same folder from where you have obtained it. Now your module translation is complete.
The admin can configure the module settings. For this, the admin will navigate to Stores -> Configuration -> Quickbooks Desktop Connect as per the below image.
Here, the admin will –
- Enable: Set the status of the module as Enable or Disable as per the requirement.
- Sales Receipt create on Quickbooks: Set the order state as per which you want to create the Sales Receipt on Quickbooks automatically.
- Invoice Create On QB: The admin can select Yes to export an invoice automatically on QuickBook else select NO. If selected yes, then the admin will also have to select the Payment method for order invoice from the multi select options. In this way when a customer will pay using the selected payment method (those payment methods which are selected by the admin previously from the multi select options) then the invoice will generate automatically for the selected payment method.
Moreover, for other payment method, the admin will have to export invoice manually to QuickBook.
- User: Enter the QuickBooks Web connector User Name (you can enter a username as per your requirement).
- Password: Set the QuickBooks Web Connector Password(you can enter a password as per your requirement and the same will be used for the app validation).
- Quickbooks Scheduler: Enter the time duration for the web connector scheduler in minutes. This will automatically fetch the data in the Quickbooks after every time interval the admin has configured.
- Do you charge sales tax: Here, the admin can select Yes if the admin charges the tax on sales else select NO.
- Support Page: Enter the support page for Quickbooks Web Connector.
**Note: After filling up all the information under “General Settings” section, the admin needs to save the configuration first and then click on “Download QWC File” button to get the QWC file.
Export Product Field –
- QB Product Name: The admin can select the QB Product Name from the drop down menu as “Store Product SKU” or “Store Product Name”
- QR Product Description: The admin can select the QR Product Description from the drop down menu as “Store Product Name”, “Store Product Description”, or “Store Product Short Description.”
- Income Account: This account is for maintaining the record of the income in the Quickbooks and lets the admin track the business income more conveniently. The selected income account will also reflect on product information in QuickBooks.
- Asset Account: This account is for maintaining the record of all the products created in the Quickbooks. The selected asset account will also reflect on product information in QuickBooks.
- Expense Account: This account is for maintaining the record of all the expense in the Quickbooks. The selected expense account will also reflect on product information in QuickBooks.
- Discount Account: This account in the Quickbooks is for maintaining the record of the discounts applied to the item sold.
- Shipping Account: This account in the Quickbooks is for maintaining the record of the shipment cost of the item involved.
- Tax Vendor Account: This account in the Quickbooks is for maintaining the record of sales tax calculation.
**Note: Initially these accounts will get auto-configured after the first order placed in your online store. However, if you have created the respective accounts in the Quickbooks then, you can even change these accounts as per the need.
Please follow the below-mentioned steps to create a Quickbooks Web Connector app:
Step 1: After filling up all the information under “General Settings” section, the admin first needs to save the configuration and then click on “Download QWC File” button to download a wbc.qwc file on the system.
Step 2: Now, open the QuickBooks Web Connector on your system and click the Add an Application button.
Step 3: Clicking the Add an Application button will bring up a section to browse for the wbc.qwc file. Browse the file and select it. After that you will be prompted for the access permissions, allow them to create your application. After that, you will be able to see your created application.
Step 4: After selecting the wbc.qwc file you need to give certain permissions. The pop-up that comes up click on Ok.
Step 5: After above step, it will display another pop-up and ask for authorization for which you can check the options as per the requirement. If you select –
- No – this will not sync the data.
- Yes, Prompt each time – this will prompt you each time you request for data sync.
- Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open – this will sync the data only when your company file is open.
- Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running – this will sync the data even when your company file is not open.
Once you have selected the option hit the Continue button.
Step 6: Lastly, you will see the Access Confirmation pop-up box. Here, click Done button as shown below in the snapshot.
Step 7: After you have created the application for the first time you will have to update the created app. To update, select the checkbox for the app and enter the password that you have set above for the QuickBooks Web connector Password in the module config settings under the admin panel and then click the Update Selected button.
**Note: For Updating the app at regular intervals, you can also keep the column Auto-Run checkbox marked and set the interval at which the app should get auto-updated.
After the successful installation of the extension, the admin will have the QuickBooks Desktop Connect menu in the left menu bar with Map Orders, Map Invoice, and Configuration sub-menu as shown in the image below –
Under this section, the admin can view all the synchronized orders from the Magento store to the Quickbooks.
- In Queue – This status signifies that the Magento order is not synced with the Quickbooks desktop. These orders will be created in QuickBooks when you connect your QuickBooks with web connector application.
- Successfully – This status signifies that the Magento order is synced with the Quickbooks desktop.
- Error – In case an error occurred while synchronizing the data, the admin will see ‘Error’ Sync Status. The admin can also try to re-sync the orders for which error occurred.
To re-sync the order, the admin need to select that order and click on the re-export option from the action dropdown.
The admin can also manually add the Magento store orders to the Queue. For this, the admin will click on the “Add Orders in QuickBooks Queue for Export” button. Now the admin can select the order status which the admin wants to export and select the date range of the order and then click on the Export Order From Store To Quickbooks.
Now it will display the message about the products that will be exported as shown in the image below –
This will export the orders to the QuickBooks queue from your Magento store. And will be created in QuickBooks when you connect your QuickBooks with web connector application.
Map Invoice –
The admin can click on the “Map Invoice” sub menu under the Quickbooks Desktop Connect to view the synchronised invoices from the Magento store to the QuickBooks.
Moreover the admin can select an invoice and re-export invoice when error is displayed in the sync status by clicking on the Action button and then click on the Re-Export Invoice also the admin can Delete the Invoice Map Record.
Export Orders and Invoices from Sales Menu to QuickBooks
Export Orders to QuickBooks –
From the Sales menu, the admin can go to the Orders and select the order which the admin wants to export to the QuickBooks. After selecting the order the admin can click on the Actions and then click on the Export on QB as shown in the image below –
Now, the customer can click on the OK button to export the orders to the QuickBook.
Export Invoices to QuickBooks –
In the same way the admin can export the invoice to the QuickBooks by Navigating to Sales and then click on the Invoices. Now the admin can select the invoice which the admin wants to export to the QuickBooks then click on the Actions and then click on the Export on QB.
Now the admin can confirm the exporting of invoice to the QuickBooks by clicking on the Ok button as shown in the image below –
The admin will log in to their QuickBooks Desktop application to check the synced data, after syncing the orders from the Magento store to QuickBooks Desktop.
Now to view the sales receipts for all the synced orders in QuickBooks Desktop, the admin will navigate to Customer menu option. Here, the admin can view the sales receipts customer wise.
The admin can view the complete list of the synced customers who have placed the orders in Magento store. To view the customer details, the admin will double-click the customer from the list.
And clicking the sales receipt will bring up the order details.
In the sales receipt, the admin will view item name, item description, and tax rates. The admin can also have the Magento order id, product variation details for the configurable product, and shipping option details in the sales receipt as per the below image.
The admin can also view the payment method used in the order as per the below image.
The admin can check the list of synced products, shipping methods, and tax rates. For this, navigate to Lists->Item List as per the below image.
This will display the section with the products and the shipping methods that are synced with the QuickBooks. And the tax rates.
Under Type column:
- Service – Shipping methods are created as the service type.
- Inventory Part – Products are created as Inventory Type.
- Sales Tax Item – Tax rates are created as sales tax item.
It will sync the products for which the orders have been placed. And, sync those shipping options details used in placed orders and the tax rates. The admin can double-click any product to edit the product details as shown below in the snapshot.
The admin can even edit the Tax Rate as per the below image.
Now by clicking on the name of the customer, information of the customer is displayed on the screen as shown in the image below –
Now clicking on the Invoice it will bring up the invoice details as shown in the image below –
This module also syncs the orders placed by the guest users. The admin can check the guest users details and their orders that have been synced to the QuickBooks Desktop.
The module can even sync the Customer Group of Magento of all the customers like in the above image the customer group of the guest users is synced as “Not Logged In”. To view the guest user details, the admin will double-click the guest user from the list.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Quickbooks Desktop Connector. Still, have any issue, please feel free to add a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com.
Current Product Version - 3.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x