With the help of Magento 2 marketplace Split Database module, the store owner can split the Magento master database into two parts. One for the Magento and second for the marketplace.
Two master databases will be created for better scalability and performance advantage.
Please Note –
1. This module is an add-on of Magento 2 Marketplace Module. To use this module you must have installed Webkul Magento 2 Marketplace Module first.
2. The Module will split the database of Magento and Marketplace only, there will be no splitting of the database of Marketplace add-ons.
- Admin can configure a different database for marketplace tables
- All read-write operation will work between multiple databases
- CLI command to split databases
- Any module having direct SQL queries for the marketplace module tables will not work
- Enhance the user experience and website performance
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First Command –
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command –
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command –
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through “System->Cache Management” as shown below.
Note: Before doing any operation on a database, Take a complete backup of your Magento store database.
Create New Database –
After the installation, First, you need to create a new database for marketplace tables. As per the below image assumed magento2db is your default Magento 2 store database & magento2mpdb is created for marketplace tables.
Run Table Split Command –
After creating the different database, you need to run below Command to split the marketplace database tables –
php bin/magento setup:db-schema:split-marketplace --host=HOST --dbname=DATABASE_NAME --username=DATABASE_USERNAME --password=PASSWORD
Split Database Tables –
That’s all for Magento 2 Marketplace Split Database, still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better https://webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 2.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x. 2.2.x