Helpdesk For Magento module provides the support to their customers. It is a software suite that enables customer support to receive, process, and respond to service requests. Helpdesk builds on the definition to serve their customers by creating a powerful ticket management platform that allows you to centralize all tickets with ticket status, priority, types and much more. We can easily increase the productivity by automating our ticket management via SLA, Events & Triggers, Ticket Rules etc. Helpdesk enables the support with the web, email.
Helpdesk For Magento module is the best helpdesk module for the Magento store owners and admins. With the help of this module, customers can generate tickets for the store and the store owner/admin can easily manage those tickets in this module.
- Working with All the Templates ( Including Responsive Themes) and source code is Open so can be easily customized.
- Allow admin to create ticket status, ticket priority, ticket types, ticket custom field.
- Allow to Merge tickets.
- Allow split thread as a new ticket.
- Allow admin to create customers.
- Allow admin to create organization and manage tickets based on Organization level.
- Allow admin to create multiple Agents and agent level.
- Admin can create unlimited agent group.
- Allow admin to create roles.
- Admin can define business hours and holidays based on SLA’s.
- Allow admin to prepare responses with action.
- Allow admin to create support center category.
- Email tickets fetch support.
- Reply by email.
- Admin can create Service level agreements (SLA).
- Complete Agents management system.
- Event Triggers support found.
- Custom fields support for tickets.
- Complete and flexible ACL system.
- Ticket Lock feature support.
Admin can configure the Magento help desk by log into the Magento admin panel> System configuration> then under the menu click on Ticket system then the whole ticket system menu will open which includes- Ticket system setting, Ticket status, Default, Ticket view, activity. We will discuss them one by one.
By clicking on Ticket system setting Admin can configure the ticket system according to the need. The screen will display like this.
- Ticket system name– In this admin have to set the name for the ticket system.
- Ticket system Email i.d– In this admin have to set the email i.d for the ticket system so that the emails can be sent from that mail i.d.
- Allowed file size– Admin can limit the file size to be uploaded by the customers.
- No. of files allowed– Admin can limit allowed the number of files to be uploaded. This feature can give a facility to those admins who have a shortage of disc space.
- Required login for tickets– Admin can set login required for a ticket (yes/no). If admin set login requires YES then customer have to log in to their accounts and then can generate tickets. If NO then any customer can generate ticket without logging into the helpdesk.
- Allowed file extensions– Admin can allow all or limited file extension for customers.
- Allow editor– Admin can set allow the editor option- YES/NO. If admin sets YES then the customer can use editor or admin sets no then customers can’t use the editor.
- Date format– Admin have to set the date format so that the Helpdesk will display dates in this particular format.
- The customer can delete tickets– Admin can allow or restrict the customer to delete tickets or not.
- The customer can delete own ticket thread– Admin can allow or restrict the customer to delete the ticket thread.
- Can add cc– Admin can allow or restrict the customer to add cc.
- The customer can close ticket– In this admin can allow the customer to close the ticket by selecting YES and if admin selects NO then the customer can not close the ticket.
- Priority on ticket creation page– If YES then admin can display the priority at the ticket creation page and also customer can update the priority while creating the ticket or admin can restrict the customer by selecting NO.
- Status on ticket creation page-By selecting YES admin can display the status update drop down at the ticket creation page so that customers can update the ticket’s status or admin can restrict them by selecting NO.
- Group on ticket creation page– By selecting YES admin can give the option at the ticket creation page, so that can set the group for the ticket or admin can simply select NO to hide the group option from ticket creation page.
After doing configuration of ticket system now admin has to set the ticket status according to the need. The screen will display like this.
- Ticket open– Set status when a ticket is open.
- Ticket new– Set status when a ticket is new.
- Ticket pending– Set status when a ticket is pending.
- Ticket solved– Set status when a ticket is solved.
- Ticket closed– Set status when a ticket is closed.
- Ticket spam– Set status when a ticket is a spam.
Admin can configure the Default values for the areas, which can be automatically filled if a customer left them blank.
- Default status– Show selected default status when status is not defined.
- Default ticket type– Show selected default ticket when the type is not selected.
- Default group– Set selected default group when a group is not selected.
- Default priority– Show selected default priority when priority is not defined.
Admin can configure the ticket view area so that it will make changes to the ticket view page of any particular ticket
- Ticket thread limit– Admin can set ticket thread limit. e.g-1,2,3. So that customers can see only that number of tickets and if they want to see all the tickets they can expand it.
- Draft saving time– Admin can set draft saving time. So that whenever any agent or admin will be typing a message it will automatically save after that specified interval of time.
- Lock view time– Admin can manage the lock view time.
- Lock expire time– Admin can manage lock expire time.
Admin can configure the activities which will be shown in the Dashboard. here is the configuration screen.
- Activity Limit Dashboard– Admin can limit the number of activity to be shown in the dashboard. The number of activities can be referred as the activities performed by Agents or Admin on the tickets like- status change, priority change etc.
- Generate Activity– Admin can select the items from the list for which the activity to be generated.
- Select Activity Priority on Delete– Admin can set activity priority on deleting a particular ticket.
- Select Activity Priority on Add– Admin can set activity priority on adding a new ticket.
- Select Activity Priority on Edit– Admin can set activity priority on editing a particular ticket.
In Helpdesk, dashboard agent can view the Tickets by ticket’s status and Recent activity which have been performed.
There will be only 10 activities displayed in the list because the admin has configured the activity limit and set 10 activities, so the older activities will delete automatically if the new activity occurs.
The ticket management menu will have some sub-menu like the screenshot as under, so we will discuss them one by one.
Agents can easily manage tickets in this helpdesk. Ticket list will be displayed after clicking Manage tickets. The screen will be like this.
In this agents can use many features of this page like- Select various tickets, search tickets through filters, merge various tickets into one ticket, bulk update tickets.
Action– By using this feature agent can easily update various ticket in one click. At first agent have to select various tickets and then select an action from the drop-down then another dropdown will open with sub-menus then agent have to select the option and lastly, they have to click the SUBMIT button and the selected tickets will be updated.
Create ticket: Agent can create a new ticket, they have to fill all the details for the new tickets. They can reset the entered data and the fields will be blank again else they can save the ticket by clicking the save button.
View/Reply Ticket: In this, the agents can view the ticket and can add a reply to the ticket. This page is having lot many features to use.
- Reply: Agents can reply tickets from this screen.
- Add cc/bcc: Agents can add cc bcc for the reply if enabled from backend option.
- Forward: There is a feature that agents can forward the ticket, by clicking on the forward button the ticket content will appear in the reply text field.
- Ticket note: This ticket note can be added by one who will be working on the ticket. Admin/Agent can add a note for future references.
- Ticket tags: This ticket tag can be added by the one who is working on the ticket. Tags help the Agent/Admin to search the tickets in future using filters.
- Lock view: This feature indicates one or more agent is viewing that particular ticket. If only one agent is viewing or doing some work in that ticket then the marker will be blue and if more than 1 agent is viewing that particular ticket then the marker will turn red and show a pop-up with the name of the other agent working on that particular ticket.
- Add note: Admin/agent can add an internal note to the ticket which will be visible to the agents only.
- Mark spam: Admin/agent can mark the ticket as spam by clicking mark spam button.
- Delete: Admin/Agent can delete ticket by clicking on delete button.
- Response: In this agent will choose a response from the list of responses which have made earlier for the ticket, the response will include various actions like-Group update, Priority update, reply added, etc so that it will be easy for the agents to add a response to a ticket.
Here agent can manage the ticket type by editing or adding a new type of the tickets. The agent can also enable disable the ticket type.
Add ticket type– Here agent can easily add ticket type by filling some information about the type such as – Name, description and then have to select enable/disable from the dropdown and then save it.
Add status– In this agent can add status, the agent has to set NAME and DESCRIPTION of the status after that agent has to enable or disable it from the drop-down menu.
In this menu, the agent can manage the priority status list. The agent can create new priority status, delete, enable/disable or can edit the existing priority status.
Add Ticket priority– In this agent have to set the name and description of the Priority, after that agent has to enable or disable the priority from the drop-down menu provided under and save it.
In this menu, the agent can add new ticket custom attribute to get additional data & information about the ticket from the buyers/customers. So the agent can add any number of custom attributes and agent can also edit the existing custom attributes.
Add Ticket custom attribute– To add ticket custom attribute the agent have to fill all the information like-
Attribute code: This code will be unique and can’t be changed further. The agent can give a code to the custom attribute.
Field dependency: Then agent have to set the field dependency on any ticket type then the custom field will display to that ticket type only. If the agent wants to show it to every ticket then just have to leave it blank.
Input type: In this agent have to select the input type so that they can get information from the customer.
Values required: In this agent can select some required fields which the customer must have to fill.
Input validation: By this option, the agent can make validation to the data entered for the custom attribute.
Manage label/option– In this menu, the agent can set the labels for the custom attribute to display in agent panel, default customer view, RWD. The agent can also add the option for the custom attribute.
The system allows to add Agents and delete or edit the existing Agents. The system allows finding the Agents by using the filter.
The agent can reply to tickets assigned to them.
After defining the roles of the agent. They can do various task defined to them like – Can edit a ticket, Update the status, set priority, etc.
In the above screenshot, the list of agents is displayed and agent can search agents by using filters, can view/edit by clicking on the agent, or can add new agent by clicking on add new button.
Add agent– In this agent will add new agents and set the roles, ticket view scope, etc.
Admin/Agent can set their signature so that they can add it in the reply.
Ticket access level: System allows to select the Ticket access level of agents like- Own ticket access, Group access, global access.
Own ticket access: Helpdesk gives the feature to restrict the agent to reply and edit other than his tickets so that they can reply and edit their own tickets only which have been assigned to them.
Group access: In this agent have the access to the tickets of every agent in a particular group. The agent can reply and edit any ticket of that particular group.
Global access: In this, the agent will be able to access all the tickets of the helpdesk and can reply or edit any ticket.
Helpdesk gives the feature to set the agent’s role by clicking on agent role. Helpdesk allows selecting any role for the agent so that agent will have those authorities which the role includes.
These roles for the agent can be made in the helpdesk which we will discuss in next point.
Here helpdesk allows managing the agent role by creating a new role or by editing the existing roles of the agents. The screen will look like this.
Add new role– In this helpdesk allows to add a new role for the agents.
Now here system allows selecting the authorities/resources for this particular role, so that when this role will be assigned to any agent then the agent can perform these tasks.
Here helpdesk allows making various groups for the tickets and agents so that agents can see the tickets of their groups and can work on all those tickets.
The above screenshot is showing the list of groups which have been made by the agent and their business hours.
Add group– Here agent can add a new group by filling the information on the boxes, adding an agent to the group and by enabling the group.
Here agent can manage customer by editing the existing or by creating new customer the agent can easily MAP customers of the store with the helpdesk.
In this agent can add customers and can delete or edit the existing customers. The agent can also find the customers by using the filter.
Why make customers?
Add customer– In this agent can add customers by filling all the details like name, email, and by selecting the helpdesk customer from the dropdown.
By making customers it will merge the data of store’s customers with the same customer of helpdesk and by merging the data mapping will be easy.
In this agent will manage the organization. By creating organization agent can put customers in the different organization from which they belong.
Add new organization– The agent can easily add organization and while making an organization they can add customers in it.
Manage Business Hours
The agent can add business hours. Using business hours you can customize the work timings based on when you are actually working. The agent can also set up holidays as exceptions to the business hours set in their schedule.
In this agent can see the list of the business hour and can also search by the help of the filter. The agent can also add a new business hour or can delete the existing. The agent can also add Holiday list.
Add Helpdesk hours
After adding the primary details agent has to add the actual working hours like this.
The agent can also add holiday list for the whole year.
Manage Event & Triggers
In this agent can manage Events and Triggers.
Events are the activities which are performed by the customer.
Triggers contain conditions and actions. You can use it to modify status, change priorities and even send out notification alerts as soon as certain conditions are met. For example, a trigger can be used to notify the customer when a ticket has been opened.
After filling up the basic information now agent has to configure the action.
Events: Agent has to select an event or various events for the Events & Triggers.
At least one condition for events & trigger to apply: Agent has to select various condition. If at least a single condition matches with any ticket then this Event & Trigger will work.
All condition for events & triggers: Agent will select various conditions from the list and if all the condition matches then this Event & trigger will work.
Action: Agent can add various action which will happen to the ticket.
Manage Ticket rule
In this agent will manage the ticket rules.
The ticket rules apply on every new ticket coming in and perform actions based on conditions specified. You can use the ticket rules to:
- Assign ticket to the right agent.
- Set status, priority, and type.
- Send email notifications to agents and groups.
- Delete tickets or mark them as spam.
These actions can be performed on a ticket if it matches a certain condition. The agent can see the list of ticket rules from this menu and can edit the existing ticket rule. The agent can also add new ticket rule or can Delete the existing.
Add ticket rule– In this agent will fill all the basic details of the new ticket rule.
In this agent can manage all the responses.
In this agent can see all the responses and can edit those responses. The agent can also add new and delete existing response.
Add response: In this agent will add new responses by filling all the information about the responses.
At first, the agent has to define the name and description of the response.
Action: The agent then will set the action i.e by using this response what action will be performed to the ticket.
For example: If agent will define the action of a response to set priority, set status, set type. Then by choosing that response at EDIT TICKET page, it will work the same as defined.
Can use: In this option, the agent can select that who can use the response i.e Only me, all agents or groups. If agent selects groups then agent have to select the various groups which can use priority from a drop-down menu.
Manage SLA Policy
The agent must need to make Service Level Agreement (SLA) policies to create some targets for the agents for those tickets which need more attention and need to be resolved as soon as possible.
The agent can create SLA Policies from here. With the help of these SLA policies, customers want to know when they can expect a response and resolution from you when they submit a support request. An SLA policy lets you set standards of performance for your support team. You can set SLA policies for the time within which agents should respond to, and resolve tickets based on ticket priorities, and set up automatic escalation rules to notify specific agents about SLA violations.
Add SLA: At first, the agent has to set the name and description of SLA.
Then agents have to click on SLA targets so that they can make the targets for the SLA. In this agent have to set the respond time and resolve time so that a specific time limit will be set for every type of tickets.
After setting up the targets the agent has to set the conditions for the SLA.
Manage Support Center
In this, the agent will manage the information for the customer so that commonly asked queries can be solved without creating a ticket.
In this, the agent can see all the support centers and can edit the existing support centers. The agent can also add new or delete the existing support centers.
In support center, the agent will create some predefined questions and their replies so that whenever a customer have a query or needs a support in some common issue they can easily read the solutions from those support center templates.
Add support center: In this agent will add new support centers by filling all the information about them and save them.
At first, the agent has to set the name and description of the support center template.
Then the agent will select the pages where this information will be displayed.
At last, the agent has to enable it from the dropdown.
Manage Email Template
The agent can see various template and can edit the existing template. The agent can make new templates or can delete the existing template.
Add Email template: In this agent can add a new template for email by adding various information about the new template.
Here agent can easily connect the emails with the helpdesk.
Email is a medium for customers to submit tickets to the Helpdesk and have conversations with agents to resolve their issues. When a customer sends an email to an email address, the email creates a ticket in Helpdesk. If an agent updates the ticket in Helpdesk, a notification email is sent to the person who sent the original email.
Webkul helpdesk system is one and only helpdesk system in the world provides email piping feature that means your customer can reply directly from their email and they don’t need to login to the ticket system.
Add email: In this, the agent can add email by filling up all the required areas. like-
At first, the agent has to set the Name and Description then the agent has to write the email i.d so that it can be configured further for Email piping.
After the above details agent have to fill-
Username: In this, you have to enter your username of the email. For example- Your full Gmail address (email@example.com).
Password: In this, you have to enter the password of the above account.
Hostname: After entering the basic information you have to enter the Hostname of your mail provider. You can see various details for configuration of different email providers.
Port: In this, you have to fill the port number of the email. Please refer the below screenshots.
Mailbox: In this, you have to write the name of the mailbox.
Protocol: In this, you have to select the protocol which you want to select.(IMAP/POP)
POP and IMAP are protocols which allow you to download messages from (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) servers onto your computer so you can access your mail with a program like Microsoft Outlook or Thunderbird, even when you aren’t connected to the Internet.
This information has to be filled to configure the Email piping.
Email services setting for Gmail
if you are using Gmail then you have to enter imap.gmail.com as hostname, 993 as a port. For more details visit https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en
For configuring IMAP
For configuring the POP
Here’s how to enable POP in Gmail:
Sign in to Gmail.
Click the gear in the top right.
Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
Choose what to do with your messages after your POP client or device receives them.
Click Save Changes.
Email settings for Yahoo
For configuring the IMAP
For configuring the POP
Email service setting for Hotmail
after setting the time to fetch, Agent has to set no. of emails to be fetched.
HELPDESK Action: In this agent will set the action to be taken for the fetched emails.
After that agent has to set default values for the Emails/tickets i.e Default Group, Default type, Default Priority.
Then the agent needs to set the default values for those tickets which are created through emails.
Reporting includes two sub menus- Customer Report Summary and Agent Report Summary.
Customer Report Summary: The first report is customer report in this list the summary of customer’s Total ticket, Resolve time, First response time, Average resolve time is displayed.
Agent Report Summary: In this list, the agent’s total tickets, Resolve time, First response time, Average resolve time is displayed.
These reports are very much necessary to check the performance to your agents.
Here is the preview to the customers.
Support Centre: In this field, the customer can see the Support Center Category added by the agent. This information can solve customers queries so that they don’t need to generate any ticket.
Generate Ticket: By clicking this menu customer can generate tickets.
Customers can generate a ticket from this page here all the required field has to be filled by the customer to generate a new ticket.
Customers can see their existing tickets from ticket status.
Then the customer has to login into the HelpDesk by filling the email and ticket i.d to check the status of the ticket.
At the customer end, the helpdesk screen will display.
Here the customer can view ticket and can add a reply to the ticket. In this page, a customer can use the filter to search particular ticket.
Ticket view page: Here the customer can reply to the ticket and can also see the previous replies.
That’s all for the Helpdesk for Magento if you still have any issue, feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better https://webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.6.x.x , 1.7.x.x , 1.8.x.x , 1.9.x.x