Magento 2 Lipa Na Mpesa payment gateway is a secure mobile-based money transfer gateway that allows customers to pay using their mobile numbers securely in the store.
Furthermore, this Magento 2 payment gateway extensions gives customers the option of paying for their goods and items with the Lipa Na Mpesa payment.
Moreover, the admin can display the payment gateway logo on the checkout page, Also admin can allow selected countries to use the Lipa Na Mpesa payment method.
Check a brief overview of the plugin –
Lipa Na Mpesa Payment Gateway Features
- Magento 2 is compatible with the Lipa Na Mpesa payment method.
- Option to give the payment method a unique title.
- The Lipa Na Mpesa payment gateway logo can be display.
- Allow Lipa Na Mpesa payments in certain countries.
- Payment using the mobile number
- Customers are able to check their payment information in the “Order Details” area.
- Allow admins to check payment details in the backend’s Sales Order View.
- Increases customer satisfaction and loyalty
Firstly, you need to log in to Webkul Store, go to My Account>My Purchased Products section, verify and then download and extract the contents of this zip folder on the system.
now. Read More
Once the module zip is extracted, follow path src>app and then copy the app folder into the Magento 2 root directory on the server as shown below:
#3 Run Commands
You need to run the following commands:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:flush
Language Translation of Lipa Na Mpesa Payment Gateway
For translating the module language, navigate through src/app/code/Webkul/Mpesa/i18n and edit the en_US.csv file. Thereafter, rename the CSV as “en_SA.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the Arabic language. After editing the CSV, save it.
Then upload it to the path src/app/code/Webkul/Mpesa/i18n where the Magento 2 is installed on the server. The module gets translated into the Arabic Language. It supports both RTL and LTR languages.
The user can edit the CSV like the image below.
How to Generate Credentials for Lipa Na Mpesa Payment Gateway
To generate the credentials firstly you need to redirect to the following website: https://developer.safaricom.co.ke/MyApps
Afterwards, the admin needs to follow the defined steps.
Step 1: The admin needs to sign up by clicking on the log in/ Sign up button as per the below image.
Step 2: The admin needs to enter the following details to sign up.
Step 3: The admin can login by entering the credentials.
Step 4 : The admin needs to click on CREATE NEW APP button.
Step 5 : Here the admin needs to enter app name and select Lipa Na M-Pesa Sandbox.
Step 6: Afterwards, the admin can check the credentials as per the below image.
Step 7: After doing the following steps the admin needs to select API’s and Click on SIMULATE button under M-PESA Express.
Step 8: Here the admin needs to select New Created App as per the below image.
Step 9: By clicking on the following button the admin can generate the test credentials as per the below image.
Step 10: The admin can successfully get the credentials as per the below image and Use Phone Number, BusinessShortCode and PassKey to check out.
So, after the module has been successfully install, the admin can setup it up from the admin panel by going to Stores->Configuration->Sales->Payment Methods-> Lipa Na Mpesa Payment.
Lipa Na Mpesa Payment Gateway Configuration Points:
- Enable – The admin can enable this solution from here.
- Sandbox Mode– By this option, the admin can enable or disable the Testing(sandbox) mode.
- Title – Now, in this field, the admin has to enter the title for the Lipa Na Mpesa payment Method, which will get displayed on the Front-end during checkout.
- Short Code – Enter short code provided by Lipa Na Mpesa payment gateway.
- Upload logo from M-Pesa– Here, the admin can upload file extensions like PNG, JPG, JPEG for M-Pesa Logo.
- Consumer Key – Enter Consumer Key provided by Lipa Na Mpesa payment gateway.
- Consumer Secret – Enter consumer key provided by Lipa Na Mpesa payment gateway.
- Pass Key – The admin needs to enter the pass key provided by Lipa na Mpesa payment gateway.
- Payment from Applicable Countries – All those countries for which the admin wishes to make the payment method applicable.
Magento 2 Lipa Na Mpesa Payment Gateway Front End
Now, After Successful Integration And the Setup Of The Lipa Na Mpesa Payment Gateway For Magento 2.
The Customer Can Visit The Website And Add The Product To The Cart, Then Process Further To Checkout And Complete The Order.
Now, the customer can, however, view the payment method at the time of checkout and choose it for safer payment.
Before placing the the order the user needs to enter his M-Pesa mobile number.
The user will successfully place the order after clicking on the “Place Order” button.
Afterward, The Customer Will Redirect To The Thank You Page After Making The Successful Payment.
Furthermore, once the order gets placed successfully, it is in the processing stage. The customer will navigate to the My Orders sections to view the order details as per the below image:
Also, the admin can easily view and manage the orders placed through the Lipa Na Mpesa payment method. And, for this, the admin will navigate to Orders as per the below image.
Here, the admin can view the complete list of orders.
Moreover, can select the order to view and manage the orders. After clicking the View link, the order information page will open up as per the below image:
That’s all for Lipa Na Mpesa Payment Gateway for Magento 2 module.
Still, have any issues feel free to add a ticket.
Moreover, let us know your views to make the module better at our Webkul Support System.
Current Product Version - 4.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x , 2.1.x , 2.2.x , 2.3.x , 2.4.x
Leave a Comment