Magento 2 Geolocation Currency Converter module converts the price of the products in run-time on your store according to the geographical location where the store site is accessed.
For example, now if you have products priced according to the US dollars and your store site is accessed from London then the product price will be automatically converted to GBP(Pound Sterling).
Just install, enable and it’s done! No need for complex configuration.
Check out the plugin overview –
- Converts price at category page.
- Converts price at the product page.
- Converts price at checkout page.
- Converts price at compare page.
- Converts price at wishlist page.
- Converts price on the search page.
- Very easy to set up.
- Multi-Store Functionality.
- Multi-lingual support.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system.
Magento 2 Company ? Read More
The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento 2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento 2 root directory:
First command –
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command –
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command –
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Configuration of Multi-Lingual Support
Language Translation Of The Module
If a user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/GeolocationCurrencyConverter/i18n in their unzipped Magento Geolocation Currency Converter folder and will get a CSV file with name “en_US.csv”.
Now they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language. After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/GeolocationCurrencyConverter/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on their server.
The module will get translated in the German Language. It supports both the LTR and RTL languages.
Geolocation Currency Converter CSV for language.
How To Get The Fixer API Key?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to get the Fixer API key.
- Visit this link for sign up – https://fixer.io/product
- Select the plan as per the choice and proceed further clicking the Sign-Up link.
- After filling all the details, click the Sign-Up button. This will redirect you to the dashboard of the Fixer account where you will have the Fixer API Key as shown below.
After the successful installation of the Magento 2 Geolocation Currency Converter, the admin can configure the module by navigating through Store > Configuration > Webkul > Geolocation Currency Converter.
- The admin can enable or disable the module.
- The admin needs to configure the Fixer API Key To get the live exchange rates.
- Import Rates are for importing the currency rates of the countries.
- After installation, the admin has to run a cron command. The default cron is scheduled to update the currency rates. By running the cron command the currency rates will be updated automatically without the use of the “Import Rates” button.
php bin/magento cron:run
Front End View
For any query or suggestion, you can raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/
Current Product Version - 5.0.1
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x
Leave a Comment