Frenet is a Brazilian company which offers simple integration between virtual stores and various carriers. Using Frenet gateway one can carry out freight quotes and order tracking.
Magento 2 Frenet Freight Extension enables the store owner to integrate Frenet Freight Gateway with its Magento store. Frenet is a platform which allows you to do integration with multiple shipping carriers for Brazil postal codes. The store owner can find the best available freight prices and optimize the logistics costs.
Through Frenet Freight service it is possible to carry out a freight quote based on the parameters of origin, destination, product dimensions, weight, and the total value of the shopping cart. With the result of the quotation, the final customer can choose which shipping option is most appropriate to be used, estimating the delivery time and cost.
- Frenet is not a carrier. This offers various delivery option into your virtual store and increases your conversion.
- To use this module, you first need to create an account at Frenet Administrative website to get access token and configure carriers that you will use.
- Dynamic shipping method for Freight calculation.
- Enable/disable the Frenet Freight Shipping module.
- Set the Frenet Freight Shipping method name.
- Select the multiple countries to ship the products to specific countries as per the choice. This will only work if the user has purchased international shipping service.
- Enter the Frenet details to manage the shipment of the orders.
- Add weight and dimensions to the product to apply the shipping methods.
- Set the dimensions(length, width, and height) for the shipments.
- Configure the weight format for the shipments like grams, kilograms as per the choice.
- Can add extra days to the delivery.
- For associated products, only one product lead time will be added (the product which will have maximum time).
- Allow customers to choose the Frenet Freight Shipping method on the checkout page.
- Shipping will be calculated using Frenet Freight Gateway.
- The code is fully open and easy to use.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command – php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Now, the user will navigate to the following path in the system for module translation app/code/Webkul/Frenet/i18n/en_US.csv.
Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in the below screenshot.
After this, replace the words after the comma(,) on the right in the file with your translated words.
After editing and translating the CSV file, you need to save the translated file name according to your region language and country code such as – de_DE.CSV. Followed by uploading the translated file to the same folder from where you have obtained it. Now your module translation is complete.
How to get Frenet Credentials?
To get the Frenet details(Access Key, Password, and Token), you first need to have a Frenet account. Click here to Register yourself. This will navigate you to the login page as per the below image.
After registering yourself successfully, login to your account.
The user will navigate to Register > Register Data to fill all the details. After filling all the details, will get the Access Key, Password, and Token.
The user can activate the carriers as per the choice. For this, the user will click on the menu option “Carriers”.
The user can calculate shipping from the Frenet account. For this, click on Freight Simulator as per the below image.
After the installation, the admin can easily configure the module settings. For this, the will navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > Frenet Freight Shipping as per the below image.
- Enabled: enable/disable the module by selecting either “Yes” or “No”.
- Title: set the Frenet Freight Shipping title which will be displayed at the frontend.
- Access key: enter the Frenet account access key.
- Password: enter the Frenet account password.
- Token: enter the Frenet account token.
- Use default dimensions: enable or disable to use the default dimensions for the shipments by selecting Yes or No. If select “Yes”, the other fields for configuring height, length, and width become visible as per the below image.
- Weight Format: set the weight format for the shipments like grams, kilograms as per the choice.
- View Delivery Time: select “Yes” to display the delivery time at the front end else select “No”.
- Message that shows the deadline: set the message which shows the delivery days at the front end.
- Add to delivery time(days): add extra days to the delivery.
- Displayed Error Message: set the error message which the admin wants to display when this shipping method is not available.
- Ship to Applicable Countries: either allow all the countries for the Frenet Freight shipping else allow specific countries where the admin wants to allow the shipment.
- Ship to Specific Countries: select the specific countries where the admin wants to allow the shipment.
- Show Method if Not Applicable: choose to display this method name or not on the front end, when it is not applicable.
Note: If the user has purchased international shipping service from the Frenet Administrative Panel. Then only, the user will be able to make the shipments to the other countries otherwise not.
The admin needs to set the shipping origin details also. For this, the admin will navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Settings > Origin as per the below image.
Configure Per Product Dimension:
If the admin doesn’t want to use the default dimensions for a product, then the admin can configure the dimensions for the individual products as per the choice. For this, navigate to “Product Edit” page.
Under the Attribute section, the admin will:
- Length, Height, and Width: set the dimensions.
- Lead Time(days): add extra days to the delivery.
- Fragile Product: set 1 if it contains glass or other fragile materials else set 0.
- If the admin wants to apply some specific dimensions on any particular product while for rest of the products default dimensions. Then, the admin will set “Use default dimensions” to No.
- Add weight and dimensions to the product to apply the shipping methods.
- If the user has Brazilian shipping service then, the sum of every product Length, Width, and Height should be less than or equal to 170 cm. And, the product weight should be less than or equal to 30 kg.
- If the user has also purchased International shipping service then, the product dimensions and weight may vary from one country to another.
After the module setup, the customer can easily use this shipping method for their purchases. When the customer adds the product to cart then there will be an option to select an address or add a new address. And then according to the address, shipping methods and price will be displayed as per the below image.
After selecting the Frenet Freight shipping method, the customer will click “Next” button to review the order and on the order review page, the shipping method and the cost of shipping will be displayed as per the below image.
The admin will click on the “Place Order” button to place an order.
Note: The Frenet Freight Shipping rate calculation is based on the parameters of origin, destination, product dimensions, weight, and the total value of the shopping cart.
The admin can view and manage the orders by navigating to the Sales > Order as per the below image.
Here, the admin can view the complete list of the orders. To manage and generate invoices, shipment of the orders, the admin selects the order from the list. The admin can even notify the customers by sending them emails, cancel/hold the order and even edit/reorder the product order.
After viewing the order the admin will create the invoice for the order.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Frenet Freight Extension. Still, have any issues please feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better http://webkul.uvdesk.com/.
Current Product Version - 2.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.1.x, 2.2.x