Guide For Prestashop Intercom Integration: Intercom is a conversational relationship platform that allows businesses to communicate with their customers and provide them quick support within their app, on their website, through social media, or via email.
Providing excellent customer support is vital as it helps businesses to stand out from their competitors. While shopping online, customers may face various issues – the product they are looking for is unavailable, unable to apply promo code, an online transaction failure, etc.
Now, the first thing a customer will do is try to contact customer support to get the issues resolved. If customers do not get support on time, they will turn their back on the store and also spread the word about it to their peers.
Prestashop Intercom Integration allows your customers to initiate the conversation right from their accounts on your store. This extension embeds an Intercom Messenger widget on your store. The customer or visitor can click on the widget and ask any queries regarding the product, orders, refund, etc.
Build strong customer relationships, boost sales, and enhance the user experience by integrating your Intercom account with the Prestashop store.
Features of Prestashop Intercom Integration
- Add Intercom Messenger to your store.
- Allows you to connect with your customers directly from your store.
- Display messenger widget on home, category, search, product, order, and cart pages.
- View all the messages sent by the customers in your Intercom account.
- Set the welcome message to be displayed on the Intercom chat window from your Intercom account .
- Also, you can customize the look and feel of Intercom messenger by setting the background color, wallpaper, and uploading the header logo from Intercom account.
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Prestashop Intercom Integration Configuration
Under Configuration Settings, admin:
- Needs to specify the App ID required to connect Intercom messenger with Prestashop store.
- Can select the store pages where he wants to show the Intercom messenger widget.
How to Get App ID
To get an App ID, you need to go to https://www.intercom.com and log in to your account.
Now, click on the profile icon on the bottom-left of the home page and select settings.
On the Settings page, click on Installation in the menu on the left, and then select Web.
On selecting “With code” an app id gets created. You only need to copy & paste it in the configuration settings.
Front End Workflow
When a customer visits your store, he can view the intercom messenger widget at the bottom-right position of the page.
When a customer clicks on the Intercom messenger widget, a chat window opens on the screen. From here customer can ask any queries from admin regarding the products, orders, etc.
Customer can send a message by clicking on a button mentioned in a chat window.
Display of Intercom Widget on Various Store Pages
At Cart Page
This was all about Prestashop Intercom Integration Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
If you are looking for a module that can help you provide support on WhatsApp, then please check out the blog.
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x