Odoo Website eLearning api.video for secure videos!
Integrating videos into your Odoo eLearning courses offers many benefits that help learners comprehend the concepts more clearly and better understand them. However, it has some risks because someone can steal/copy the content and project it as their own.
So, how can you avoid such circumstances and secure your eLearning videos?
Odoo Website eLearning api.video secures your eLearning video by the robust security of api.video platform. Moreover, the platform securely hosts your Odoo eLearning videos and live streams at a centralized location.
Further, it allows you to embed the videos and live streams to your Odoo eLearning module and add them to various courses. Also, you can set the videos as private or public based on your requirements.
now. Find out More
- It integrates the Odoo eLearning with api.video platform.
- Generate an API key at the api.video end and use it in Odoo for establishing a connection.
- It lets you host videos that you can use on your Odoo eLearning courses.
- Odoo Website eLearning api.video smoothly adds live streams and videos to Odoo without any security compromise.
- Embed videos or live stream to your courses.
- Define Video access between public and private from the api.video platform.
- The api.video platform improves the safety and security of your video.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_elearning_api_video.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_elearning_api_video.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Let’s start the configuration of the Odoo Website eLearning api.video.
API CREATION AT THE api.video END
1. Firstly, you need to create an account on the dashboard of api.video platform, and from the Dashboard, navigate to ‘API Keys.’
2. Press the ‘+ Generate New API Key’ button on the API key Page.
3. Next, enter the API key name and click the ‘Generate API Key’ button.
4. After checking the API database for the same name, the platform will generate the API key, copy and use it in your Odoo.
ADDING API IN ODOO BACKEND
5. At the Odoo end, open the ‘Settings’ in the Odoo backend. Under the ‘eLearning’ menu, enable the ‘api.video Integration’ and paste the generated API Key.
ADDING eLEARNING VIDEO TO A COURSE
6. Move to ‘eLearning> Course’ and open the course to which you want to add a video.
7. Click the ‘Add Content’ button in the course content form.
8. Open the Videos tab and click on any video to view its details on the API Video platform.
9. Now, copy the ‘Link to Video or Embed Code’ link and move back to the Odoo backend.
10. On the add content form, select the ‘Content Type’ as video and enter the video link in the provided field. Once done, click the ‘Save & Close’ button to add only that video, or hit the ‘Save & New’ button to add more videos.
ADDING VIDEOS DIRECTLY
11. Similarly, you can directly add content to any course from the ‘Content’ menu.
12. In the Content Adding form, fill in the details, select the ‘Course, Content Type (Video),’ and add the video link.
Odoo eLEARNING WEBSITE
13. To check the added video, navigate to the ‘Website> Courses’ and open the course on which you have added the video.
14. In the content list, you can view the added video and click on it to play it using the api.video default video player.
OTHER ODOO WEBSITE MODULES
- Odoo Website Shop the Look
- Website WebP Image Conversion
- Odoo Website Catalog Request
- Odoo Website Subscribe and Save
- Augmented Reality ( WebAR ) Extension
- Odoo EU Price Indication Directive
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the same, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo 16