Configurable Product is a group of simple products with different attribute options. When any customer purchases products online then they get the notice that the same product is available in various sizes, colors, materials and price points. These purchasing options are the variant product.
How to Create Family Variant.
Before creating any family you need to create attributes and attribute groups in Akeneo. So to create attribute you have to first click on Setting>>Attributes>>Create Attribute.
First, you have to select the attribute type there are 14 types of attributes.
Once you selected the attribute type to fill the details like code, attribute group, label translation, enable value per channel and value per locale.
After filling the details click to save button.
Once you have created the attribute now we need to create attribute groups in which attributes are assign.
To create an attribute group click to Setting>>Attribute group>>Create.
Fill the code & label.
Now click to save button, so there will be an option appears that would be Add Attribute.
Click to Add Attribute, select the attributes to assign them in that attribute group.
Once the attribute is added. Click to save button.
Before creating configurable Products you need to add variant in the family.
To create a family click to Setting>>Families>>Create Family.
Here fill the code and click the save button.
Here you have to fill some details like attribute used as the label, attribute used as the main picture, and Label translation. There will be other options.
Then add an attribute in the family.
There will be two options.
- Add Attribute.
- Add By Group.
Create a Family Variant:
You can check here how to create family variants:- https://webkul.com/blog/product-families-and-categories-in-akeneo/
Add a variant in the family for configurable products in Akeneo. The family variant will allow you to determine the structure of your products with variants.
There will be 6 types of the attribute type in a family Variant that can be added like as below:
- Simple select.
- Simple select reference data
- Multi-select reference data
Once you have clicked on the add variant icon the following properties required to create a family variant.
- Code – You can add a code to identify the family variant.
- Label – Can add a product label.
- Variant levels – You can choose a variant level. There will be two options 1 level or 2 levels.
- Variant axis level – Variant axis are attributes of the family which identify the variant product in the product model.
Once the detail are fill. Click on the Save button.
While variant Attribute is added then click on the Save button. The variant family created you can see in the below Image.
How To Create Configurable Product
To create a configurable product click on the Product>>Create. Then select the Product Model.
Here selecting the product model then you have to enter the details like code, family, and variant.
Click to the Save Button.
Fill the Common details like name, price, quantity, and weight.
For creating the configurable product click on the down array symbol size then click on the add new icon.
Here you have to enter the variant axis like if your variant is size then the variant axis should be small, medium, large and extra-large. Then click to Save.
After this variant will be added.
Now assign the product into a category. Click on the categories then select a category.
Once the category is export click on the Save button
Then the configurable product will be created.
How to Export Configurable Product
Create Export Profile
To Export any product from Akeneo to Magento2 you need to create an export profile.
Before Exporting the product first you have to Export Attributes, Categories, Families without exporting these option Products will not be exported to Magento2.
Now to create an export profile click to the Export>>Create Export Profile.
Then fill the code, label, and job.
once you have created the profile, then select credentials.
Filter the data
You can filter the data as per-
- Channel – This selects the relevant channel of products to export.
- Locales – Depending as per your choice multiple locals can be select.
- Attributes – select the product attributes which you want to export. You can either select all attributes else click the edit button to select the attributes.
Filter the Product:
Now you need to decide which products to export on Connector.
Family-In this you can filter the selected family for exporting the product.
Status-You can filter the enable, disable or all the product.
This enables you to filter on completeness of selected locales. Four options on completeness are proposed:
- No condition on completeness – all products will be exported whatever their completeness is.
- Complete on at least one selected locale (default option) – products must be complete on at least one locale
- Complete on all selected locales – all products must be complete on all locales (if you have selected more than one locale).
- Not complete on all selected locales – products must not be complete on all locales (if you have selected more than one locale).
Time Condition-You can now export your product on a specific time condition.
- No date condition (default option) – Products are not filtered using time conditions.
- Updated products over the last n days (e.g. 6) – This filter the products that were updated during the last six days, enter 6 value.
- Updated products since this date – To filter the products that were updated during a specific date, select a date.
- Updated product since last export –The products that were updated during the last update will be filtered.
Category-You can configure the categories of the channel tree you want to export. For example, if you want to export the clothing products to update.
Identifier-You can make a selection of identifiers to export by adding them in the SKU field. If you can copy and paste a list of identifiers, separated them by using comma, space or line breaks.
Once you have filled all the above details. Now export the product in the Magento2 but before that need to export the attributes, attribute option and categories.
Once you have created the exported profile.
Click on the Export Now so the product will be export to Magento2 from Akeneo.
This is how the product will be exported from Akeneo to Magento2 now the product will be visible in Magento2 admin panel and store.
Product Exported To Magento2
You can see the exported product in the Magento2 Admin panel and store.
Now you can see the Product Exported to Magento backend or Admin panel in the below image. There will be a variant product as well as the child product.
Now you can see the exported product on the Magento2 store.
If you have any query please create a support ticket at- https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket. If you are a retailer, facing issues in handling a large number of products, drop us a line in the comments below.