Multi Vendor Distance Based Shipping for Magento 2 extension allows the sellers and the store admin to create custom shipping method and charge freight rates based on the distance units. Using Google Maps, the distance is measured and shipping cost is calculated unit wise.
This module also facilitates the Admin to set distance calculations based on “Google Map Distance Matrix” or “Latitude Longitude”.
Note: This module is an add-on of Webkul’s Marketplace Module. To use this module you must have installed Webkul’s Magento 2 Marketplace first.
- Admin can Enable/Disable the Shipping Method
- Admin can provide Distance Rate Shipping method for their Products
- The seller can set Maximum Area to Cover
- Admin can set Shipping Origin Address based on which the calculation will be done
- Admin can set Shipping Rate per Unit Distance
- The seller can set their Shipping Origin Address based on which the calculation will be done
- Admin can add Handling Charge, Minimum Charge
- Admin can set Maximum Area to Cover
- The seller can provide Distance Rate Shipping method for their Products
- Admin can add whether to apply shipping item wise
- Admin can set Custom Error Message to display if shipping not applicable
- The seller can add Handling Charge, Minimum Charge.
- Admin can enable to Display Estimate Shipping Rate on Product pages
- Admin can set distance calculation based on “Google Map Distance Matrix” or “Latitude Longitude”
- The seller can set Shipping Rate per Unit Distance
- The seller can add whether to apply shipping item wise
- The Distance Unit can be in Kilometer or Mile which can be set by Seller or Admin
- Both admin and seller can upload the CSV in order to add the shipping rule.
Customers will get a zip folder. Then they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder.
You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command – php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through System -> Cache management as shown below.
For Multi-lingual support, the admin needs to navigate to Store > Configuration > General > local Options and select their desired language from the Local option.
If the user wants to translate their module from English to German.
Then, they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/MpDistanceRateShipping/i18n in their unzipped Magento 2 CRM folder and will get a CSV file with the name “en_US.csv”.
Now they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language.
After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/CRM/i18n where they have installed Magento2 on the server.
The module will get translated into the German Language. It supports both RTL and LTR languages.
Then, the user can edit the CSV file as shown below.
How to Get Google API Key
The admin needs to get the Google Maps API key for address auto-complete to work. Please visit the following link for getting the API Key. Log into your Google account and then click GET A KEY button as visible below:
A pop-up window will appear, Create Project and give any name to it. Then, click ENABLE API.
After a few seconds, the API Key will be generated. Copy the API key, it will be used at the time of module configuration.
After the successful installation, the admin will navigate through Marketplace Management > Marketplace Distance Rate Shipping to configure the initial module settings.
- Enable: The Admin can select Yes to enable the module.
- Google Map API Key: Enter the above generated Google Maps API Key here.
- The Admin Location: Here, the Admin can enter the location of the store.
- Admin Latitude: The latitude of the admin’s location will be automatically entered once the location is entered.
- Admin Longitude: Also, the longitude will be automatically set according to the entered location.
- Show Estimate on Product Page: If set Yes then this will show the estimate shipping charges on the product page.
- Calculate Distance Based On: The Admin can calculate shipping distance by either selecting “Google Map Distance” or “Latitude and Longitude”
Distance Rate Shipping Configurations
There are a few of the other configurations as well. The admin can configure further configurations by navigating through Stores-> Configuration-> Sales-> Shipping Methods-> Distance Rate Shipping.
- Enabled for Checkout: If set yes then the Distance Rate Shipping will be visible at checkout.
- Title: Enter the Title of the shipping method that will display to the customers on the website front-end.
- Method Name: Also, the method name entered will display to the customers on the website front-end.
- Rate Per Unit: Enter the shipping charges applied on the basis of per unit, set. For example, if the rate per unit is set 50 and the unit set is kilometers and if any customer orders a product within a 1kilometer range then shipping charges will be 50.
- Maximum Area Cover: Here, enter the maximum area to cover for a distance rate shipping.
- Item Wise Rate: If set Yes then the shipping charges will be calculated based on per product. The shipping amount will be multiplied by the number of products ordered.
- Handling Charges: Enter the handling charges.
- Minimum Charge: Set the minimum charge. If shipping charges calculated is less than the minimum charge then minimum charges will be applied.
- Unit: Select the unit that will decide the shipping charges. The Admin can either select “Kilometers” or “Miles”.
- Ship to Applicable Countries: Here, select the countries where distance rate shipping will be applicable. The Admin can either select “All Allowed countries” or “Specific Countries”.
- Ship To Specific Countries: Select the specific countries where this shipping will be applicable. Also, This setting will be available if the admin has selected “specific countries” on “Ship to Applicable countries”.
- Show Method If not Applicable: If yes then the method will show at the front if even if the shipping is not applicable to that area.
- Display Error Message: The entered error message will show when the distance rate shipping is not applicable.
Upload CSV to Add Shipping Details – Admin
The admin can upload the CSV file which contains distance “From” to “To” and shipping rate.
To do so the admin needs to navigate through Marketplace Management –>Marketplace Distance Rate Shipping Manager as shown below:
Here the admin will get following tab:
This will show an intuitive table view that includes a list of distance ranges and shipping rates after uploading the CSV file.
If admin wants to edit specific shipping rule then admin needs to click on particular row. It brings you to the shipping rule page. From here the admin can modify shipping rate and distance range as required.
As similar to the below image admin can upload the CSV file to add Shipping rule. Once uploaded, it will get listed under the Shipping details tab.
The admin can even download the sample CSV file and modified it. Then upload it by using the choose file option as shown below:
After that, need to click on Add Shipping button to save the shipping information.
Distance Rate Shipping – Seller End
The seller can also set the distance based shipping method for their products. To do so, seller have to configure first below settings:
- Set seller location
- Shipping configuration
- Distance Rate Shipping
- Shipping Setting
Set Seller Location
Once the seller login with their panel, they have to navigate Marketplace Dashboard –> Set Seller Location to set the location for shipping of their products.
Location: Here, the seller can enter the location of the store.
Latitude: The latitude of the seller’s location will be automatically entered once the location is entered.
Longitude: Also, the longitude will be automatically set according to the entered location.
Next, the seller has to navigate Marketplace Dashboard –> Shipping Configuration to set the shipping information.
Maximum Area Cover: Here, enter the maximum area to cover for a distance rate shipping. If not set then no limit for delivery distance.
Unit: Select the unit that will decide the shipping charges. The seller can either select “Kilometers” or “Miles”.
Rate Per Unit: Enter the shipping charges applied on the basis of per unit.
For example, if rate per unit is 40 and the unit set in kilometers. When any customer orders a product within a 1-kilometer range then shipping charges will be 40.
Item Wise Rate: If set Yes then the shipping charges will be calculated based on per product. The shipping amount will be multiplied by the number of products ordered.
Handling Charge: Enter the handling charges.
Minimum Charge: Set the minimum charge. If shipping charges calculated is less than the minimum charge then minimum charges will be applied.
Distance Rate Shipping
As similar to admin the seller can also add the shipping rate based on distance range by uploading the CSV file for their products.
To do so, seller has to click on Distance Rate Shipping tab under Marketplace dashboard as shown below:
The seller can download the sample file and edit the distance range and the shipping rate into CSV then upload it by using choose file option.
After that, the seller needs to click on the save shipping button. Once successfully uploaded, it will get display under Shipping Rate List.
In next setting, seller needs to enter the shipping origin address, to do so, the seller has to click on Shipping setting tab under Marketplace dashboard.
Tapping on Shipping setting tab will bring the seller to Origin address page as shown below:
Company: Enter the company name.
Phone Number: Here, seller needs to enter their phone number.
Street Address: The seller has to mention shipping origin address.
City: From here, seller has to enter the city name of the store.
State/Province: Select the state from the drop-down.
Zip/Postal Code: Enter the zip code.
Country: Select the country name from where product will ship.
Shipping Charges- Customer View
The customer can check the estimated shipping charges on the product page as shown below:
Also, the customer will enter the location and click on calculate to know the estimated shipping charges.
If the entered location is not available within the maximum coverage area then a message “Shipping is not available in this location” will appear.
After the availability of shipping in the desired location, the customer can Add the product to the Cart and can proceed towards the checkout process.
The customer can also check the estimated shipping charges on the cart page as well.
Now the customer can select the Distance Rate shipping and proceed towards the checkout process
After that, the customer can add the shipping address and can select the Distance Rate Shipping.
After selecting the shipping address, the customer can select the payment method, click on “I agree to the terms and conditions” and can place an order.
Current Product Version - 3.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x