Multi-Vendor Distance Based Shipping for Magento 2 extension allows the sellers and the store admin to create custom shipping methods and charge freight rates based on the distance units. Using Google Maps, the distance is measured and the shipping cost is calculated unit-wise.
This module also facilitates the Admin to set distance calculations based on “Google Map Distance Matrix” or “Latitude Longitude”.
Note: This module is an add-on to Webkul’s Marketplace Module. To use this module you must have to install Webkul’s Magento 2 Multi Vendor Module first.
Watch the below video tutorial to understand the extension workflow:
- Admin can Enable/Disable the Shipping Method
- Admin can provide Distance Rate Shipping method for their Products
- The seller can set Maximum Area to Cover
- Admin can set Shipping Origin Address based on which the calculation will be done
- Admin can set Shipping Rate per Unit Distance
- The seller can set their Shipping Origin Address based on which the calculation will be done
- Admin can add Handling Charge, Minimum Charge
- Admin can set Maximum Area to Cover
- The seller can provide Distance Rate Shipping method for their Products
- Admin can add whether to apply shipping item wise
- Admin can set Custom Error Message to display if shipping not applicable
- The seller can add Handling Charge, Minimum Charge.
- Admin can enable to Display Estimate Shipping Rate on Product pages
- Admin can set distance calculation based on “Google Map Distance Matrix” or “Latitude Longitude”
- The seller can set Shipping Rate per Unit Distance
- The seller can add whether to apply shipping item wise
- The Distance Unit can be in Kilometer or Mile which can be set by Seller or Admin
- Both admin and seller can upload the CSV in order to add the shipping rule.
Install Extension from Webkul Store
The admin needs to get the Google Maps API key for the address auto-complete to work. Please visit the following link for getting the API Key. Log into your Google account and then click the GET A KEY button is visible below:
Magento 2 Company ? Read More
A pop-up window will appear, Create Project and give any name to it. Then, click ENABLE API.
After a few seconds, the API Key will be generated. Copy the API key, it will be used at the time of module configuration.
After the successful installation, the admin will navigate through Marketplace Management > Marketplace Distance Rate Shipping to configure the initial module settings.
- Enable: The Admin can select Yes to enable the module.
- Google Map API Key: Enter the above generated Google Maps API Key here.
- The Admin Location: Here, the Admin can enter the location of the store.
- Admin Latitude: The latitude of the admin’s location will be automatically entered once the location is entered.
- Admin Longitude: Also, the longitude will be automatically set according to the entered location.
- Show Estimate on Product Page: If set Yes then this will show the estimate shipping charges on the product page.
- Calculate Distance Based On: The Admin can calculate shipping distance by either selecting “Google Map Distance” or “Latitude and Longitude”
Distance Rate Shipping Configurations
There are a few of the other configurations as well. The admin can configure further configurations by navigating through Stores-> Configuration-> Sales-> Shipping Methods-> Distance Rate Shipping.
- Enabled for Checkout: If set yes then the Distance Rate Shipping will be visible at checkout.
- Title: Enter the Title of the shipping method that will display to the customers on the website front-end.
- Method Name: Also, the method name enter will display to the customers on the website front-end.
- Rate Per Unit: Enter the shipping charges apply on the basis of per unit, set. For example, if the rate per unit is set 50 and the unit set is kilometres and if any customer orders a product within a 1kilometer range then shipping charges will be 50.
- Maximum Area Cover: Here, enter the maximum area to cover for a distance rate shipping.
- Item Wise Rate: If set Yes then the shipping charges will be calculate based on per product. The shipping amount will be multiply by the number of products order.
- Handling Charges: Enter the handling charges.
- Minimum Charge: Set the minimum charge. If shipping charges calculate is less than the minimum charge then minimum charges will be apply.
- Unit: Select the unit that will decide the shipping charges. The Admin can either select “Kilometers” or “Miles”.
- Ship to Applicable Countries: Here, select the countries where distance rate shipping will be applicable. The Admin can either select “All Allowed countries” or “Specific Countries”.
- Ship To Specific Countries: Select the specific countries where this shipping will be applicable. Also, This setting will be available if the admin has select “specific countries” on “Ship to Applicable countries”.
- Show Method If not Applicable: If yes then the method will show at the front if even if the shipping is not applicable to that area.
- Display Error Message: The entered error message will show when the distance rate shipping is not applicable.
Upload CSV to Add Shipping Details – Admin
The admin can upload the CSV file which contains distance “From” to “To” and shipping rate.
To do so the admin needs to navigate through Marketplace Management –>Marketplace Distance Rate Shipping Manager as shown below:
Here the admin will get the following tab:
This will show an intuitive table view that includes a list of distance ranges and shipping rates after uploading the CSV file.
If admin wants to edit specific shipping rule then admin needs to click on particular row. It brings you to the shipping rule page. From here the admin can modify shipping rate and distance range as required.
As similar to the below image admin can upload the CSV file to add the Shipping rule. Once uploaded, it will get listed under the Shipping details tab.
The admin can even download the sample CSV file and modified it. Then upload it by using the choose file option as shown below:
After that, need to click on Add Shipping button to save the shipping information.
Distance Rate Shipping – Seller End
The seller can also set the distance-based shipping method for their products. To do so, the seller has to configure first below settings:
- Set seller location
- Shipping configuration
- Distance Rate Shipping
- Shipping Setting
Set Seller Location
Once the seller login with their panel, they have to navigate Marketplace Dashboard –> Set Seller Location to set the location for shipping of their products.
Location: Here, the seller can enter the location of the store.
Latitude: The latitude of the seller’s location will be automatically entered once the location is enter.
Longitude: Also, the longitude will be automatically set according to the enter location.
Next, the seller has to navigate Marketplace Dashboard –> Shipping Configuration to set the shipping information.
Maximum Area Cover: Here, enter the maximum area to cover for a distance rate shipping. If not set then no limit for delivery distance.
Unit: Select the unit that will decide the shipping charges. The seller can either select “Kilometers” or “Miles”.
Rate Per Unit: Enter the shipping charges apply on the basis of per unit.
For example, if rate per unit is 40 and the unit set in kilometers. When any customer orders a product within a 1-kilometer range then shipping charges will be 40.
Item Wise Rate: If set Yes then the shipping charges will be calculated based on per product. The shipping amount will be multiplied by the number of products order.
Handling Charge: Enter the handling charges.
Minimum Charge: Set the minimum charge. If shipping charges calculated is less than the minimum charge then minimum charges will be apply.
Distance Rate Shipping
As similar to admin the seller can also add the shipping rate based on distance range by uploading the CSV file for their products.
To do so, seller has to click on Distance Rate Shipping tab under Marketplace dashboard as shown below:
The seller can download the sample file and edit the distance range and the shipping rate into CSV then upload it by using choose file option.
After that, the seller needs to click on the save shipping button. Once successfully uploaded, it will get display under Shipping Rate List.
In next setting, seller needs to enter the shipping origin address, to do so, the seller has to click on Shipping setting tab under Marketplace dashboard.
Tapping on Shipping setting tab will bring the seller to Origin address page as shown below:
Company: Enter the company name.
Phone Number: Here, seller needs to enter their phone number.
Street Address: The seller has to mention shipping origin address.
City: From here, seller has to enter the city name of the store.
State/Province: Select the state from the drop-down.
Zip/Postal Code: Enter the zip code.
Country: Select the country name from where product will ship.
After the module setup, customer can easily use this shipping method for their purchases.
When customer adds product to the cart then there will be an option to select an address or add a new address. Henceforth, according to the address, shipping methods and prices will be displayed as per the below image.
After selecting the Marketplace Distance Rate shipping method, the customer will click the “Next” button to review the order.
On the order review page, the shipping method and the cost of shipping will be display as per the below image.
The customer can place there order on clicking “place order” button.
Manage Orders – At Seller End
The sellers can manage their orders if the admin has allow the sellers to manage their orders from the back-end. To manage the orders the sellers will navigate to Order at Vender Dashboard as per the below image.
Here, the seller can view the complete list of the orders. To manage and generate invoices, the shipment of the orders, the seller selects the order from the list.
So, the seller can even notify the customers by sending them emails and cancel the order.
Hereafter viewing the order the seller can create the invoice, shipping, and Tracking Number for the order.
The seller can click on the invoice button to generate a new invoice. The generated invoice is visible in the exclusive invoice tab.
The seller can enter the tracking number and generate the shipment.
Manage Orders – Admin End
The admin can view and manage all the orders(along with the seller’s orders). Hence, for this, the admin will navigate to the Sales > Order as per the below image.
Here, the admin can view the complete list of the orders. Hence, to manage and generate invoices, the shipment of the orders, the admin selects the order from the list.
So, the admin can-
- notify the customers by sending them emails,
- cancel/hold the order and
- even edit/reorder the product order.
Admin Invoice Management
The admin can generate and manage the invoice for their product. However, the store owner can view the invoice of the seller also if it’s part of the order.
The invoice consists of the name of the product purchased by the customer, price, shipping & handling charges, shipping, and billing address.
The Admin can also notify the customer by adding text message in comment text and this message will be deliver to customer through email.
Admin Shipment Generation
Thus, the admin can even generate the shipment of the product which can be viewed in the shipment tab. This will also contain the shipment by the seller if the seller’s product is part of the order.
The shipment consists of customer name, email address, customer group, order date, order status, etc
When the admin generates shipment the order status changes from processing to complete.
From here, the admin can even send the tracking details to the customer.
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x