Being a store owner, you put lots of effort into creating an ultimate buying experience. But, multiple fields to complete the checkout can slow down the process or even discourage your customers from making a purchase. This becomes even more apparent for the customers on mobile, and to check out on a small screen can be a long exercise in typing, misspelling, and re-typing.
Here comes the Google Address Autocomplete add-on for your CS-Cart stores which allows you to configure the autocomplete address in the vendor registration form and during checkout or editing customer profile at frontend. This makes an easy and speedy experience which will speed up the process by filling in the address info automatically with the help of Google APIs.
So, when customers arrive at checkout and start entering the first few characters of their address, Google Autocomplete will instantly finish the job and pre-populate their address. Wrong addresses and re-typing are virtually eliminated. This will save time for your customers and prevent typing errors.
Features and Benefits
- Well integrated with CS-Cart & Multi-Vendor.
- Simplify the checkout process by offering address autocomplete.
- Allow the customers/vendors to automatically fill in the address form fields, such as address 1, city, region/state and postal code.
- Supports various place types (Geocode, Establishment, Regions, Cities, Address etc.) via Place Autocomplete APIs.
- Option to display country specific results in the autocomplete address suggestions.
- Avoid customers’ typing errors.
- Improve the user experience.
- Decrease cart abandonment and increase sales.
- Easy to configure and manage at admin end.
How To Upload And Install The Add-on
Go to Manage Add-ons, click on “+” as shown below in the snapshot.
now. Read More
Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown below in snapshot.
Add-on will be installed successfully!
After add-on installation, click on Settings to configure the add-on as shown below.
- Enter the Google API keys. To get the API key click here
- Enable the autocomplete address feature.
- Select the Google place type for the autocomplete address suggestions. Place types includes:
- Geocode: It instructs the Place Autocomplete service to return only geocoding results, rather than business results.
- Address: It instructs the Place Autocomplete service to return only geocoding results with a precise address.
- Establishment: It instructs the Place Autocomplete service to return only business results.
- Regions: type collection instructs the Places service to return any result matching the following types: locality, sub-locality, postal_code, country.
- Cities: type collection instructs the Places service to return results that match locality
- Select the country for which you want to restrict the address suggestions. Max 5 countries can be selected
So, just set the parameters and Save.
Front End View
Google Address Autocomplete allows you to configure the autocomplete address in the vendor registration form and during checkout or editing the customer profile at the frontend. Just start typing and it will suggest you the addresses. Just select yours to auto-populate the address fields. Let’s have a look at the snapshots below.
Auto-populated address fields :
This is how you can make life easier & enhancing the user experience by just configuring the simple addon.
Current Product Version - 1.1
Supported Framework Version - 4.9.x, 4.10.x, 4.11.x