CS-Cart AliExpress Dropshipping –
Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store owner doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party and gets it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the merchant never sees or handles the product.
Now import the products from AliExpress directly to your store and start selling those products at your own store very easily with the help of CS-Cart AliExpress Dropshipping add-on. AliExpress is one of the most popular marketplaces for e-commerce entrepreneurs using the dropshipping business model. Admin has the freedom to update the product prices and other product details after importing the same to the store. After he/she receives the order of the imported product, he places the same order on AliExpress and gets it shipped directly from their warehouse to the customer.
Features and Benefits
- Import AliExpress Products to add to your store with ease.
- Functionality to import products from only AliExpress category page to your selected store.
- Imported products fields include Product Name, Price, and metadata and main image.
- Functionality to edit the above-mentioned product fields before importing to CS-Cart store.
- Functionality to import product with the products’ option combinations.
- The admin can update the product details at CS-Cart backend.
- Option to place an order for the AliExpress Orders from CS-Cart orders detail page itself.
- Functionality to set the default quantity of a product when imported from AliExpress.
- Option to predefine the associated and default category of the imported product at Admin end.
- Option to set the default store for the newly imported product.
- There is an option to place orders on AliExpress directly if you receive any order for the imported product on CS-Cart.
- All steps from adding the product to the AliExpress cart and entering the shipping information have been automated.
- The admin can edit the shipping address (if required) & enter the payment information and click “Confirm & Pay” to place the order at AliExpress.
- Admin can filter out the AliExpress products’ orders in the order section at admin end.
- A custom built AliExpress Product Importer Chrome Browser Extension is available on Chrome extension store.
- Easy to configure and manage at admin end.
- It is mandatory for a website to be HTTPS.
- There should be a live URL – It cannot work on local domains.
- You can import the product from AliExpress to CS-Cart from AliExpress category page only.
- Please make sure that you have installed both the add-on and chrome extension properly to avail the feature.
- You can get the chrome browser extension from here.
Installation of Chrome Extension
You need to install an extension on your Google Chrome browser for importing the products to your CS-Cart store.
Click here to download the chrome extension.
After clicking the “Add to Chrome” button, the extension will be added to the Chrome browser. Just refresh the browser to make use of this extension.
How To Upload And Install The Add-on
Go to Manage Add-ons, click on “+” as shown below in the snapshot.
Click on “Local” to browse the zip file and then click on “Upload & Install” as shown below in snapshot.
After add-on installation, you need to configure the settings.
- There is an option to enter the Default Quantity of the product when imported from AliExpress.
- Enter the default product price for imported products.
- Select the default store for the imported products.
- Set the default category of the imported product at Admin end and save the settings.
How To Import AliExpress Products To CS-Cart
Before importing the products, you first need to update authentication data at Aliexpress website. Visit AliExpress website. There will be an option “Update Authentication Data” If you have added the chrome extension properly.
This brings up a pop-up to enter your store URL, enter the URL and click next to proceed.
Now enter the Email Id and Key of the Root Admin. Click Next button to proceed.
You can get the Root Admin’s API Key from the CS-Cart backend panel. Go to Customers-> Administrators as shown below.
Open the profile details page of root admin and click on API access tab as shown below.
Check the box to allow the user to use the API. After checking, you will get the API key which you need along with the email id of this Admin to enter while authenticating the details at AliExpress end.
After entering correct credentials, Click the “Submit” button – you will see a success message “Authenticated Successfully“.
Now let’s see how to Import the products.
With add-on version 1.0, can import the products via Category Page only. Go to category page of AliExpress website. Here, you can see the icon for the “AliExpress product Importer“. Just click that icon to import the products into your store.
Once you click on the icon, you will get a pop-up with the following editable product fields to import.
- Metadata (Meta Title, Meta Description, Meta Tag Keywords)
Edit the content if you want and click the Next button.
This way you can import the desired product along with the product options (If any) from AliExpress. The product will be imported from AliExpress following the default settings made in the add-on configuration. You can find the same in the CS-Cart backend as shown below.
You can further edit and update the product details. This is how you can import products from AliExpress to CS-Cart.
AliExpress Order Placement
When the imported products get purchased at your store, then the received orders will be visible under the Orders section at CS-Cart admin end.
There is an option to filter out the AliExpress imported products orders in the advanced search as shown below.
On the order details page, you will get the option to “Place Aliexpress Order” button on the gear drop-down.
Once you click on the option, you will be redirected to the checkout page of AliExpress website. The purchased products get automatically added to the cart.
There you just have to enter the payment information. Under “Review Your Order” section, you being the store admin can manually confirm the order and then select the payment method to make the payment for the purchase.
This is how you can place the order at the AliExpress end ! Here comes an end to our Blog for our amazing – Dropshipping Add-on for CS-Cart.
Thank you for reading this Blog 🙂
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - 4.5.x, 4.6.x,4.7.x