With this user guide, you will learn how to create Shopware products and product variants.
Shopware is a leading Germany based e-commerce platform. Till the date, the platform has received more than 80 thousand users and it is a wondrous e-commerce solution in the DASH region and surrounding territories
Shopware is an open-source eCommerce framework. Meanwhile, the features which are taking this Plateform to the prime levels are content management capability, Drag-Drop design layout, Multi-warehouse system, scalability and performance, and many more.
Create a Simple Shopware Product
Here you will learn how to create a Shopware Product. For creating the product in Shopware, you have to go to the Shopware 6 Dashboard and click on the Catalogues menu.
The Catalog Menu provides easy access to Shopware Product creation. After clicking on Products icon, you will get an option Add product, for creating a new product you have to click add product option.
When you clicked to Add product a page will open. We will get many options to open there. You will have to fill all the options.
In General Information, there are two options available over there, Title and Description. Title bar, we fill the Product name (Shirt, Pants, mobile, TV). In the Description bar, we have to fill all the details related to products.
Product number- Here we fill product number.
Manufacture- In a manufacture option, we fill product manufacture type e.g. Food, Fashion, Ag, Freetime, electronic, etc.
- Tax Rate – A compulsory financial charge, we will fill that option according to government rules(7%,19%,18%).
- Price(gross) – Your gross price or gross cost, the total cost of acquiring a product.
- Price(net) – The price might be referred to as sticker price after any additional charges are added.
- Stock – Fill that option, goods kept on the premises of a shop or warehouse and available for Sale or Distribution.
- Available Stock – Here we Fill that how many items are available in stocks.
- Delivery time – Here we will fill that in how much time we can be delivered those products.
- Min Order Quantity – The lowest set amount of stock that a supplier is willing to sell.
- Purchase Steps – The steps taken to order and pay for products that a business requires.
- Max. order quantity – You can set a max order quantity within Seller Central under the offer tab of an ASIN.
- Category Assignment – Here we can define that in which category we want to show our product e.g. men, women, garments, etc.
- Sales Channel assignment – Here we assign the product that we want to show in front of the shop in frontend.
- Tags – We can write any tagline (Point related to products).
- Release Date – In this Option, we can set that on which date your product is going to lunch.
- EAN Number –The European Article Number (EAN) is a barcode standard, a 12- or 13-digit product identification code.
- Manufacturer Product number – Here we enter our product unique number that is issued by manufacturers to identify individual products.
Measures & Packaging
In this, we will fill all the options because that is related to our products. We fill that whats our product width, hight, length-weight, purchase unit, scale unit, packaging unit, and reference unit.
The products will appear on the product page as shown in the below image.
In the Shopware Product variant option, we can select a variety of products, like-size, color, material, target group, etc. and we can also create a new variant of our products.
First, we click on any specific product and click edit that product.
- When we fill all the general information Option then we will click the Property assignment option.
- In this option, we also find many Property and those options that we have to select, that we want to present into the storefront.
- We also can create a new property if any property is not found in available properties.
When we select properties and those options that we can see all the variants in the next option variants generator.
Click the generate various button that a new page will open. On this page, we will see all the product variants and their features.
Then we click on the Second option price surcharge. Here we can select price different for different properties.
After completing the second option we click on the third option(Define restriction). Here we will choose the restriction of properties.
Then click to generate the variants button. That our product variants will generate.
Then we click on the storefront presentation.
Here we will assign and display our properties.
Here you determine the order of properties in sequence wise.
After the display sequence, we will click on assigned media to upload images on properties that customers will choose easily.
How to configure product variants
For creating the variants in Shopware, we need to follow these steps.
First, goto shopware6 Dashboard and click catalogs. In the Catalogs menu, you will click on the product.
In product, you have to click on any specific product and click edit that product.
After clicking on edit, a new page will open. On this page, we click on the variant Generator option.
When clicking On Variant generator then a page will open. In this, we see many properties(color, size) with the variety that we have created.
Choose any particular properties and Click in the edit option. After that, the general option will open. On this page, we go to the media option and you will select images to add more images.
In Media, we will upload different types of images for our products. You will also choose that image for the cover image of the product.
For making a cover image of the product we will click on media option. On that, you will found two options to remove Inheritence and restore inheritance. You have to click on restore inheritance.
After clicking on restore inheritance, we will choose an image on the gallery and click edit on the image. Then you can choose that image as a cover image.
For each variant configuration, you have to repeat this process.
For any query and issue related to Shopware please create a support ticket here. https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/