Odoo POS Minimum Quantity Order, your sales multiplier!
Odoo POS Minimum Quantity Order- Manufacturing companies and wholesale sellers deals in bulk selling. Additionally, they require a robust system where they set minimum quantities for each product to improve efficiency.
So, how a seller can ensure the minimum sale quantity of a product?
Odoo POS Minimum Quantity Order lets the admin set a minimum purchase quantity for a product so customers can only buy the predefined quantity. Additionally, this module allows you to sets a multiplication factor that lets customers buy only the multiplication factor of the set number (such as 2, 3, 4…so on).
Odoo POS Minimum Quantity Order has the following features that help users:
Odoo Company ? Find out More
- The module adds the minimum quantity order to your Odoo.
- You can set a minimum order value for each Odoo product in the backend.
- Set the multiplication factor for the product quantity you want to add in POS.
- Display a popup to enter the product quantity in POS.
- The module enables a popup in POS that lets users add the product quantity to the cart.
- It shows a warning popup if the product quantity added to the order is less than the set quantity.
- Set a multiplication factor for product quantity.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_minimum_quantity_order.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_minimum_quantity_order.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
After installing, the module will auto-configure in your backend. You only need to set the product’s minimum quantity and multiplication factor in the backend.
1. Click on the ‘Menu’ button and navigate to ‘Point of Sales,’ choose ‘Products’ inside the ‘Products’ menu.
2. On the all products page, click on any product to open it. Or create a new Product by the ‘Create’ button.
3. On a product page, click the ‘Edit’ button.
4. Now go to the ‘Sales’ tab and tick the checkbox next to ‘Enable Minimum Quantity Order.’ It will enable ‘Minimum Order Value’ and ‘Multiplication Factor.’
4.1. In the ‘Minimum Order Value,’ enter the minimum value. And in the ‘Multiplication Factor,’ add any number whose multiple factors you want to sell (like multiplication factor of 2 will be 2, 4, 6,…, so on).
5. After setting the minimum quantity and multiplication factor, click the ‘Save’ button.
6. Now, go to the homepage of the Point of sale and click the ‘New Session’ button to start a session.
7. Choose the product whose minimum quantity you have already set from the backend. The POS will show the error message shown in the image below asking you to enter the minimum product quantity.
8. If you have a set multiplication factor, the system will accept only those. Also, product quantities are both; more than the minimum quantity and a multiplication factor. On entering the wrong numbers, an error message will appear.
9. When you enter the correct minimum quantity, the products will add to the POS.
10. Now, go to the payment page and choose the Cash or Bank option to make the payment. After entering the product cost, click the ‘Validate’ button.
11. The generated ‘Invoice’ will look like the one shown below.
Hope, you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - V15, V14