Bulk actions are an effective way to perform certain activities to multiple parts at one time as opposed to performing the same action multiple times.
For example, you can perform a bulk action to change the attribute value of all products at one time like the description on any product.
How to Perform Bulk Actions?
To access the bulk actions in Akeneo, go to the Product grid, select the products and click on the Bulk Action button, at the bottom of the grid.
After that click on Bulk action to perform the action translation. After that, it will redirect to the new page. Select the action to be performed from the screen menu.
Here’s the list of the bulk operations available in the PIM:
Akeneo Company ? Find out More
- Edit attributes values: Edit the values of the attributes of the selection of products.
- Add attributes values: Add values for the multivalued attributes on the selection of products. For instance, add a collection or an asset.
- Change family: change the family of the chosen products.
- Change status (enable/disable): You can easily edit the status of one or several products, and enable or disable products.
- Add to groups: Add the selection of products to one or more groups.
- Add to categories: IN this you can add the products or product models into selected categories.
- Move between categories: Change your products categorization
- Remove products from categories: In this, your selected products will be uncategorized. Remove products from one or more categories at a time.
- Add to an existing product model: You can add a simple product as a variant to a product model if 2 levels of variants or to a sub-product model if 3 levels of variants.
- Change the parent product model: In this, you can change the parent product model of variant products or sub-product models.
- Associate to products: Add associations for the selection of products.
Select the action then click on the next button.
After the add the changed value in the selected attribute. Then click on to Save button.
Confirm the action with the confirm button located in the middle of the screen. To confirm the changes in the product value.
Note: To execute bulk actions you need to run the daemon command after ssh to your akeneo server by the terminal.
After clicking to confirm the action. When the process is completed, the user will be notified.
After that to access the Execution details of the process, click on the notification icon. The attribute values will be updated in the selected products.
This was all about the Bulk Action in Akeneo. Thanks for taking the time in reading this blog. And also, please don’t forget to share your feedback and suggestions in the comment box given below.
Moreover, If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to add a ticket to our HelpDesk system.