AliExpress Akeneo Importer module allows you to connect AliExpress marketplace to your Akeneo PIM platform. With the help of AliExpress-Akeneo integration, you’ll be able to import pro.xducts including variations from AliExpress website to your Akeneo product database.
Please Note – For importing products from AliExpress website, you need to install AliExpress Akeneo Importer extension in your Google Chrome web browser. For it, you can add the extension and install it from here.
- This module works with Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x and 3.2.x. Download Akeneo from here
- Node and Yarn packages need to be installed.
- One-click import button on the category page and product page
- Import simple and variation products
- Variation prices are automatically mapped from the product page
- Basic attributes mapping configuration
- Edit product details before importing
- Secure access token integration
- Custom attributes are created in Akeneo
- Imports all the product images
- Detailed product description including text formatting
- Choose Akeneo family for AliExpress imported products
- Select how to import Item Specifics information in Akeneo
- SEO information – meta title, meta description, meta keywords
Check out the following video tutorial below:
How to import products from AliExpress to Akeneo?
After extracting the downloaded module zip file, please follow the installation procedure below:
1 – Unzip the respective extension zip and then merge “src” folder into Akeneo project root directory.
2 – Goto app/AppKernel.php and add the following line.
3 – Goto app/config/routing.yml and add these lines at top of the file.
4 – You have to navigate first to Akeneo installation directory (Ex: cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs). After SSH, you have to run the command to your Akeneo server by the terminal.
rm -rf ./var/cache/** && php bin/console pim:install:asset --env=prod && php bin/console assets:install web --symlink && yarn run webpack && php bin/console d:s:u --force && php bin/console aliexpress:batch:importproduct
5 – You have to restart your web server like Apache, Nginx. Run the command for Apache web server.
sudo service apache2 restart
6. If you are using php-fpm. Then you need to restart the php-fpm services.
sudo service php-fpm7.2 restart
Common Issues After Installation
It might happen that even after proper installation, upon opening your Akeneo admin dashboard, you see a loading screen. In that case, do check for the following solution:
- Webpack Installation: If you get the below error
It means that webpack is not installed in your system. Run the following command
12npm install --save-prod webpacknpm install
- Module routing.yml is not configured properly. Re-check the routing.yml file as mentioned in the 3rd step of Module Installation
- Clear your browser cache.
Install Chrome Extension
After installing the module in Akeneo, you have to install the AliExpress Akeneo Importer module extension in your Google Chrome browser.
- For installing the AliExpress Akeneo Importer module extension in your Google Chrome browser, you have to navigate Live Demo. AliExpress Akeneo Importer
- After it, you have to click on the AliExpress Chrome Extension.
- Click on the Add to Chrome button.
- Now you are able to see the installed AliExpress Akeneo Importer Extension in Akeneo.
Once you have installed both the modules in Akeneo and Chrome web browser. Login to your Akeneo admin panel and go to AliExpress Akeneo Connector menu option.
In the Attribute Mapping tab, you need to select the attributes of Akeneo that matches the products fields in AliExpress. Here, you can map the following product details:
- Meta Title
- Meta Keyword
- Meta Description
Now, from the AliExpress Importer Setting tab, you need to configure some options for the imported products.
Set Family – Here, you need to select the family where all the AliExpress products will be imported.
Set Item Specifics Import – Select how Item specifics data will be imported and created in Akeneo. You have two options to choose from:
- Custom Attribute – In this option, different attributes will be created for each specification.
- Description – In this option, all the specification information will be visible in one description attribute.
Product Importer – Configuration
Once you have done the installation and configuration, now go to AliExpress website and visit a category page or a product page. Now, when you hover your cursor, you will find AliExpress Importer icon on the products, click it.
Connect Your Akeneo PIM
Enter your Akeneo Admin Panel URL and click Next. Please make sure not to include any / (slash).
Credential to Access Akeneo
After that, you need to enter your Akeneo Access Token credential here. To find this token key, log in your Akeneo admin panel and follow AliExpress Akeneo Importer>Credentials>AliExpress Token.
After you have configured the AliExpress Akeneo Importer Chrome extension. You can visit any category page or product page on AliExpress website and click the blue icon.
Edit This Product
When you click the AliExpress Importer icon, the following pop-up window will appear. From this functionality, you can edit some details of the product before sending it to Akeneo.
You can edit – name, price, meta tag title, meta tag description, meta tag keywords, and edit prices of variations.
From the product page, you can also use AliExpress Akeneo Importer. Click the blue icon and check or edit the product details.
All the variation prices of the product will be accurately mapped in Akeneo.
Please Note – For importing a product which has multiple variations pricing, you must import that product from its respective product page, not from the category page.
View Imported Products
The import process takes few seconds to show up in Akeneo. You can check and edit all product information. SKU, product name, item specifics, all images, meta title, meta description, meta keywords, and detailed product description.
The detailed information about the AliExpress product is fetched from the website with all the images, text formattings, tables, etc.
All the variations are imported with all the common and variant-specific information like SKU.
Each variant product SKU will be different from its product model, which greatly helps for better product identification management and stock keeping.
If a category already exists in Akeneo, the imported products will be assigned to the respective category. But, if AliExpress imported product’s category is not available, the module will automatically create that category in Akeneo.
Thank you for reading this documentation. If you have any issue, please create a support ticket – https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For further queries and customization discussions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 1.0.1
Supported Framework Version - Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x and 3.2.x