WooCommerce Customers Verification plugin allows the store owner to sell the products to only verified customers for the security purposes of the content.
For verification and customer authentication, the customers need to upload their identity proof while registering on the website. Furthermore, the customer can also upload their document from their customer dashboard under the “Account details” menu.
The store admin verifies customer identity and can approve or reject the customer to do shopping from the website.
The customer can upload the identity directly from the website or through mobile as well.
Woocommerce Company ? Find out More
- The identity must be in JPEG, JPG, PNG, DNG, DOC, DOCX or PDF format.
- This plugin will not work for the Guest Users.
Watch the below video tutorial to understand the extension workflow:
- Authenticate and verify the customer identity proof.
- The customer can also upload the document from their customer account under the “Account detail.”
- The customers can re-upload the verification document if rejected by the admin.
- The admin can Enable/Disable the module status in the configuration Login menu page.
- The admin can select the products, categories, and product types for which the product should be purchased without document verification.
- Limit unauthorized customers to place orders from the website.
- Supports JPEG, JPG, PNG, DNG, or PDF format for verification documents.
- The admin can change the verification document status like pending, approved, rejected.
- The customer can upload the document while creating an account.
The user will get a zip file which needs to be uploaded in the “Add New” menu option in the WordPress admin panel.
For this login to WordPress Admin Panel and in the Dashboard hover your mouse over the “Plugins” menu option select the “Add New” option.
Thereafter, the user will see an “Upload Plugin” option at the top of the page, click the option to upload the zip file.
On clicking the “Upload Plugin” option, the user will see a “Choose File” button. Click on the button to browse for the zip file as per the image below.
On browsing the file, click on the “Install Now” button so as to install the plugin as per the snapshot.
Once the user installs the plugin, the user can activate the plugin. The user needs to click on the “Activate Plugin” button to activate the plugin.
Initial Admin Configuration
After installing the plugin, the admin navigates to Customer Verification > Configuration option, in order to do the basic plugin configuration.
Now the admin under the Customer Verification option will click on “Configuration” & will redirect to the configuration settings of the plugin.
The admin from here will-
- Enable Customer Verification:- By clicking on the Enable/Disable checkbox.
- Enable re-upload of documents for verification after rejection:- By clicking on the Enable/Disable checkbox for customers.
- Verification Document Description:- Here, the admin can describe the type of verification document. This will be visible to the users on the front end.
- Enable Product Rule Setting:– Admin can enable the product rule settings to use product, categories, and product type-based restrictions to purchase the product without documentation verification.
- Exempted Products:– Here admin can enter the products that can be purchased without document verification.
- Exempted Categories:- Admin can enter the categories that can be purchased without document verification.
- Exempted Product Types:– Admin can enter the product types, and that product can be purchased without document verification.
After configuring the plugin, the admin clicks on the Save Changes button to save the configuration.
Frontend – Customers Verification
The customer needs to upload their identity document while registering for the first time, or from the customer’s My Account section.
Only after uploading the correct identity proof and getting it authenticated by the admin, the customer can purchase the items and goods from the website.
Uploading Identity Document While Registration
The customer can upload the identity document as proof during the registration process. As shown in the below screenshot.
After clicking on the “Upload” button, the customer needs to select a file from the system media storage and add it & click on Register.
Uploading Identity Document From Account Details Section
The customer can also upload the identity document from the Account Details section.
Now after uploading the file, the customer can click on the uploaded files and can also preview the file.
In order to preview the file the customer will click on the uploaded file button & on next screen, the customer can view the document.
Identity Document Customer Verification Management
After the customer uploads the document for verification, the admin from Customers option under Customer Verification option present inside menu can manage the docs.
Furthermore, the admin can view the uploaded file by the customer, can verify it manually. The admin can change the status of the identification document to pending, approved or rejected.
In case the document is rejected then the customer needs to again upload the document from the account details section.
Moreover, the customer will receive an email if the uploaded document gets rejected.
The verification status will change from pending to rejected with the rejection reason.
As soon as the customer now again upload new file & its been now approved by the admin, the customer will receive an email.
The verification status changes from pending to approved & the customer is now eligible to do purchase on website.
If the verification will reject by the admin or in pending status then the customer can purchase only those selected products, categories that are exempt by the admin as shown in the below screenshot.
That’s all for the WooCommerce Customer Verification. If you face any issues, feel free to add a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 1.1.0
Supported Framework Version - WordPress,6.3.0 , WooCommerce, 7.9.0