Akeneo is a Product Information Management(PIM) software. This software allows the user to collect the product information in one place. Using Akeneo PIM the user can improve and enhance the product information. And can share the product information to other channels as well as e-commerce website like WooCommerce store, a mobile application like Mobikul Native Apps.
Considering the convenience of managing the product information using Akeneo, Webkul has introduced the WooCommerce Akeneo PIM Connector module. With the help of WooCommerce Akeneo PIM Connector module, you can connect your WooCommerce store with the Akeneo PIM software and manage a wide range of products easily. You can import all the catalog data in Akeneo through CSV and XLSX. You can also create the product in the Akeneo and export it to the WooCommerce store.
Once you import all the catalog data in Akeneo you can push that data into the WooCommerce store. It works with simple and variable types of products. The store owner can export categories and attributes along with the product.
Please Note – WooCommerce Akeneo Connector is compatible with Community Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Cloud (PaaS/Flexibility) Edition of Akeneo.
- You must be using WooCommerce 2.1 or newer.
- REST API must be enabled under WooCommerce > Settings
- This module works with Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, and 2.3.x. Download Akeneo from here
- Works with simple and variable products.
- Push Product data via the export job.
- Create multiple jobs and schedule them for execution.
- Also export product images along with other product information.
- Export all the categories and attributes from Akeneo to WooCommerce.
- Map the product fields between WooCommerce and Akeneo
- The source code is fully open for customization.
Please follow these steps for installing WooCommerce Akeneo PIM Connector module in your Akeneo PIM platform.
Step 1 – Unzip the respective extension zip and then merge “src” folder into akeneo project root directory.
Step 2 – Goto app/AppKernel.php and add line
in function registerProjectBundles()
Step 3 – Goto app/config/routing.yml and add these lines at top of file woo_commerce: resource:
woocommerce: resource:"@WooCommerceBundle/Resources/config/routing.yml" prefix: /
Step 4 – You have to navigate first to Akeneo installation directory (Ex: cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs). After SSH, you have to run the command to your Akeneo server by the terminal.
rm -rf ./var/cache/* && php bin/console pim:install:asset --env=prod && php bin/console assets:install web --symlink && yarn run webpack && php bin/console d:s:u --force
sudo service apache2 restart
Common Issues After Installation
It might happen that even after proper installation, upon opening your Akeneo admin dashboard, you see a loading screen. In that case, do check for the following solution:
- Webpack Installation: If you get the below error
It means that webpack is not installed in your system. Run the following command
npm install --save-prod webpack npm install
- Module routing.yml is not configured properly. Re-check the routing.yml file as mentioned in the 3rd step of Module Installation
- Clear your browser cache.
WooCommerce API Integration
The admin can easily generate API keys from the WordPress Admin backend. For this, the admin will navigate to WooCommerce -> Settings as per the below image.
- Add the Description.
- Select the WordPress admin User to generate the key for.
- For this REST API key, choose Read/Write Permission as the level of access.
After entering all the details, the admin will click the “Generate API Key” button. This will generate REST API keys for the selected user as per the below image.
Setup Credentials in Akeneo
After installing the module in Akeneo, you need to set up the WooCommerce API keys in Akeneo. For this, log into Akeneo and navigate to WooCommerce Connector>Setup Credentials.
- Shop URL
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
Here, you will enter:
- Your shop URL.
- WooCommerce API Integration Tokens.
- And click “Save” button.
After setting up the WooCommerce API keys in Akeneo, you need to map the product fields between WooCommerce and Akeneo as per the below image.
Import Product Data
You can import product data into through Akeneo CSV Connector and Akeneo XLSX Connector. This will allow the Akeneo PIM to extract the data from the file and convert it to store in the PIM database.
For uploading the CSV or XLSX file, you can navigate to Imports>Create Import Profile and enter Import Profile information such as Code and Label. In Job, select ‘Product import in CSV’ or ‘Product import in XLSX’ respectively and Save the profile.
Create Product In Akeneo
You can also create a product in Akeneo. For this, navigate to Products and click Create button. Now, you need to choose your action – as Product or Product Model as per the below image. You can either select-
- Product – if you want to create simple products.
- Product Model – if you want to create a variable product with variations.
Now enter the SKU, choose a family, and then click Save button as per the below image.
Product Family – This is a set of attributes that will be the same for all products belonging to a family. The product family represents products type, imposes product information structure and defines the list of attributes for a product that it belongs.
Now you need to provide information about the product. Enter the details like name, color, and upload the product image.
For adding product information, select attribute options you require. You can also create new options for the attribute. Following Attributes from Akeneo are supported for export:
- Text Area
- Reference data select
- Reference data multi-select
You can also add the product description, visibility, and price.
Select attribute options to add product information as per the image.
New Attribute Option
If you require some additional attribute option or an attribute option is missing for a select attribute type. Then, in that case, you can create/add new options for the attribute.
For this, enter a Code and Label, proceed further by clicking Save button.
You can also add additional information such as product SKU, weight, and metric.
Click the upload picture section or use the drag and drop feature to add product image. Please note all the image attributes present in an Akeneo product are added as Product Media gallery images in WooCommerce.
Add information for other languages and store views.
After entering all the product information, you can also select Categories for the created product.
WooCommerce Export Job
To export the products, you first need to create the Export Profile. For this, navigate to Exports -> Create Export Profile as per the below image.
In Job field, you need to select WooCommerce Export Job and then click Save.
Filter The Data
You can export the filtered data. For this, navigate to the Content section as per the below image.
You can filter the data as per-
- Channel – select the relevant channel of products to export.
- Locales – select multiple Locales depending as per your choice.
- Attributes – select the product attributes which you want to export. You can either select all attributes else click Edit button to select the attributes.
You will be navigated to the “Attribute” page when clicking Edit button as per the below image.
Here, click on the left side to select a specific attribute group. And then select the displayed attributes as per the choice.
Filter The Products
You can also filter on the status of your products as per the below image.
All – export all products whatever their status is
Enabled (default option) – only export enabled products
Disabled – to only export enabled products
This enables you to filter on completeness of selected locales.
• No condition on completeness – all products will be exported whatever their completeness is.
• Complete on at least one selected locale (default option) – products must be complete on at least one locale
• Complete on all selected locales – products must be complete on all locales (if you have selected more than
• Not complete on all selected locales – products must not be complete on all locales (if you have selected
more than one locale).
- No date condition (default option) – Products are not filtered using time condition.
- Updated products over the last n days (e.g. 6) – To filter the products that were updated during the last six days, enter 6 value.
- Updated products since this date – To filter the products that were updated during a specific date, select a date.
- Updated products since last export – To filter the products that were updated during the last update.
You can select product identifiers to export the product. You can select multiple product identifiers which should be separated by comma, space or line breaks.
After that click Save button.
After the completion of the export process, you can check the products in WooCommerce catalog. The admin can view the products and make any changes in product edit form of WooCommerce as per the below image.
Since in WooCommerce the products will not be available to add them to cart until they are In Stock status. So enter the Stock Quantity and change stock status to In Stock.
Imported Akeneo products will appear on the storefront as per the image.
The store owner can view the exported categories of Akeneo by navigating Products -> Categories as per the below image.
The store owner can view the exported attributes of Akeneo by navigating Products -> Attributes as per the below image.
Dear Customers, if you have a question/query, please raise a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com. We will do our best to answer as quick as it is possible. Don’t give us a low rate without contacting support on the issue you’ve faced with. We are always happy to help you.
Current Product Version - 1.2.8
Supported Framework Version - Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, and 2.3.x