Unlock the Power of Data Integration with Odoo PowerBi Connector!!
Power BI is a widely trusted and popular business intelligence solution, it offers powerful analytics and reporting features. Microsoft launched Power BI in 2014, and it has garnered a substantial user base, with reports indicating 2.14 billion buyers as of 2021.
Odoo is an open-source ERP software suite that streamlines business operations with customizable modules for sales, accounting, inventory, HR, and more. It offers a user-friendly interface, scalability, and comprehensive applications, making it a popular choice for efficient and tailored ERP systems.
Integrating your Odoo with Microsoft Power BI can significantly enhance your business intelligence capabilities.
Connect your Odoo with Business Intelligence PowerBi!
Odoo Company ? Find out More
Introducing the Odoo PowerBi Connector, a module designed to seamlessly connect your Odoo instance with the Power BI tool. This integration empowers you to leverage the vast amount of data within Odoo and gain valuable insights. By analyzing sales data and identifying growth opportunities, you can optimize your business processes effectively.
NOTE: Odoo Power Bi Connector uses https://pypi.org/project/msal/ library. Therefore you need to install this library for the proper functioning of the module.
Importing Workspaces from Power BI to Odoo:
- This feature allows you to import workspaces from Power BI into Odoo.
- You can easily bring your existing Power BI workspaces into Odoo for further management and integration.
Creating Workspaces in Odoo for Export:
- With this feature, you can create new workspaces directly in Odoo.
- These workspaces can then be exported to Power BI for further analysis and reporting.
Creating Datasets with Tables:
- This feature enables you to create datasets in Odoo that contain one or more tables.
- You can define the structure of these tables and import data into them for use in Power BI.
Exporting Datasets to Power BI:
- Once you have created datasets in Odoo, you can export them to Power BI.
- This allows you to leverage the powerful visualization and reporting capabilities of Power BI using your Odoo data.
Exporting Data from Odoo Models:
- With this feature, you can export data from any Odoo model by creating tables.
- You can schedule data exports using Cron, making it easy to keep your Power BI reports up to date with the latest data.
Creating Dynamic Server Actions:
- This feature allows you to create dynamic server actions for any model in Odoo.
- These server actions facilitate the export of data to Power BI, making it easier to automate data synchronization.
Importing Reports and Dashboards from Power BI to Odoo:
- You can import reports and dashboards from Power BI into Odoo.
- This enables you to centralize your reporting and visualization efforts within the Odoo platform.
Visualizing Reports and Dashboards in Odoo:
- Once imported, reports and dashboards from Power BI can be visualized directly in Odoo.
- You can access and interact with your Power BI reports and dashboards within the Odoo interface.
Defining Filters for Data Differentiation:
- This feature allows you to define filters to differentiate data from tables based on selected model fields.
- You can apply filters to organize and analyze your data more effectively within Power BI.
Displaying Tabs on the Dashboard:
- The dashboard now shows tabs indicating the number of total, published, and unpublished records.
- Clicking on these tabs redirects you to specific records, making it easier to manage and navigate through your data.
Unpublishing Power BI Datasets:
- You can now unpublish Power BI datasets either from Odoo or directly from the Power BI end. This provides more flexibility in managing and controlling your datasets.
Responsible User Feature in Power BI Workspace:
- This feature introduces a responsible user concept in Odoo PowerBi Connector Workspace.
- It grants access levels to related records based on user roles, allowing for more fine-grained control over data access.
- Once a connection is established between Odoo and Power BI, all credential fields become read-only.
- A reset_connection button is provided to disconnect the connection and make the fields editable again.
Adding or Deleting Server Actions:
- In Power BI Table, you can now add or delete server actions.
- The option to add a server action is only visible when a server action is not created, while the delete server action button is visible when a server action is added.
- A chatter feature has been added to track the state of records.
- This allows for better communication and collaboration among users regarding
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file from your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘odoo_powerbi_connect’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘odoo_powerbi_connect’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1) Log in to your Odoo Instance and Navigate to Powerbi Connector.
2) In order to create a new connection click on the configuration menu and then go to the connection option, here, you need to select the Access Method. After that, add the Credentials which include the API URL and Authorization URL.
3) Now, go to the App Credentials Tab and add details like client id, client secret, tenent id, and redirect URL.
4) Once done, click on the Workspace tab. Go to the workspaces menu and create a Power BI workspace by adding the workspace name and publishing it.
5) Now, create datasets for each workspace. Click on the Workspace tab, go to the datasets menu, and create a Power BI dataset.
6) Click on the Workspace tab and go to the Tables menu; where you can create Tables to store data in datasets.
7) You can select the models as well for your table.
PowerBi Reports & Dashboards
8) Now, click on the reporting tab and select the Dashboard menu; here, you need to select the dashboard which you want to analyze/visualize.
9) Back to your Odoo, click on the reporting tab, and select the Reports menu; here, you need to select the Report which you want to analyze.
OTHER CONFIGURATION-RELATED VIDEOS
Data Import from Power BI to Odoo
Data Synchronization from Odoo to PowerBI
Hope you find the guide on Odoo PowerBi Connector helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V14, V15