Print Odoo Reports via Zebra Printer allows you to print reports without downloading!!
Downloading and printing each report takes a lot of time and decreases productivity. You first need to download the document and then give a print command for printing.
Print Odoo reports via Zebra Printer is designed to make things easier for you. The module allows you to print the documents or files directly without downloading them. Additionally, you can configure and save the print template for reports in Odoo to print them in the desired format.
Further, you can assign a default printer for printing the reports. Once done, the QZ Tray client, when prompted, automatically uses the default printer and the saved template to print the reports.
Note: This module uses the QZ Tray client for sending direct print commands and Python Library: zplgrf to the ESC/POS printer:
QZ Tray Installation Link: (https://qz.io/download/)Searching for an experienced
Odoo Company ? Read More
Python Library: zplgrf: Type the following command on your cmd prompt window: pip install zplgrf
- The module allows you instantly print the reports in Odoo using QZ Tray Client.
- Print quotations, invoices, sales orders, etc. directly without even downloading them.
- Odoo users can directly access the printer with the Print Action on the report form to print it.
- Odoo users can also set a default Zebra printer for the QZ Tray to use automatically while printing a report.
- If a default printer is not set, the QZ Tray Client will show all the available printers connected to the network. The user can choose any desired printer.
- You can also configure the custom report format in the Odoo via the report template menu.
- Admin can set a custom template to be used for printing a report.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘wk_odoo_directly_print_reports.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘wk_odoo_directly_print_reports.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
NOTE: Once you have installed the QZ Tray Client on your system, make sure to start the software before printing any report. If the QZ tray Client is not running, Odoo shows the following error message when you try to print something – ‘Could not find QZ Tray Client’.
While adding a new printer, make sure the name on the form is the same as the printer name. QZ Tray client uses the exact printer name to establish a connection and send print commands.
1. Firstly, open the Odoo Backend, go to Settings, and scroll to the bottom of the page to locate and enable “Activate the Developer Mode.”
2. Now, click on the “Technical” section and locate “Printers” under the “Reporting.”
3. After that, click the “Create” button and enter the “Printer Name,” and choose the “Type.”
4. Once done, locate “Report Templates” under the “Technical” menu.
5. Click the “Create” button, and on the new page, fill in the details in both the section; “Report Template” and “Help.” Once filled, click the “Save” button.
6. Now, go to “Technical> Reports” to view reports or create them
7. On the “Reports” page, select “Quotation/Order” and open the “Report Printing” tab. After that, select the “Report Action, Printer, Use Template, and Report Template.”
OTHER ODOO MODULES
- Odoo Print Payslip Annually
- Odoo Web to Print
- Print Product Label Directly Via Zebra Printer
- Odoo Print Payslip Excel Report
- Odoo Point Of Sale Debranding
- Dynamic Bank Cheque Print
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.4
Supported Framework Version - V15, V14, V13, V12