Odoo POS Session Restriction to enhance data safety and security!
Ensuring customer data safety and security is a must for any business. It allows customers to purchase and complete the transaction, especially in POS. Also, these safety precautions restrict unauthorized users from accessing the POS system.
Therefore, we created Odoo POS Session Restriction. It authorizes the admin to apply multiple restrictions on POS users. Moreover, the admin can limit the POS users from starting another POS session (When they are already using another), opening a POS session that a user is already using, and numerous others. Also, you can choose the POS session that a user can view and operate.
- Odoo POS Session Restriction allows the admin to put multiple limits on POS users from the Odoo backend.
- Odoo admin can limit POS users from opening a POS session that another user is already operating.
- It limits the POS users from starting more than one POS session.
- The POS session restriction module authorizes the admin to limit POS users from opening other POS sessions.
- The module limits POS users from opening more than one POS session and restricts them to a single one.
- The POS user can only view the POS session if the admin has allowed them from the backend.
- Also, the admin can impose various other restrictions on the users.
- You can enable or disable all the restrictions on users from the backend.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_session_restriction.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_session_restriction.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Now, let’s begin the configuration of Odoo POS Session Restriction.
1. Once installed, go to ‘Settings> Users & Companies> Users’ and open any existing user.
Odoo Company ? Read More
2. Now, move to the ‘Access Rights’ and ensure that ‘Point of Sale’ access as ‘User.’
3. In the ‘POS Session Restrictions’ tab, you can assign different access to the POS users.
User can View Selected POS- Select the POS session(s) in this field which a user can only view.
User can Access Selected POS- The user can access the listed POS session.
Restrict User to Start/Stop Session Started By Other Users- Enabling this will limit the user from opening a session that a user has already opened.
Restrict to Open More Than One Session- Enabling this setting restricts users from starting more than one session.
4. A POS user view with only the allowed POS view access.
5. Also, a user can view the following validation error in case a user is not authorized to access a POS session.
6. The following validation error will appear when a user has already started a POS session and tries to open another one.
7. This validation error appears when one user is already operating a POS session and another one tries to open the same session.
OTHER ODOO POS MODULES
- Odoo POS Happy Hours
- Prevent POS Session In Incognito Mode
- Odoo POS Keyboard Shortcuts
- Odoo POS Optional Products
- POS Scan Product By Lot/Serial Number
- Odoo POS WeChat Payment Acquirer
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues, doubts, or queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo 16, 15