Akeneo Connector for Shopify allows you to integrate your Shopify store with Akeneo PIM platform. Using Shopify Akeneo Connector you can add and update products, collections, and variants from Akeneo to Shopify. Various product details can be exported such as- title, description, multiple images, SEO information, SKU, barcode, price, compare at price, quantity, weight, etc.
Please Note –
- Akeneo Connector for Shopify is compatible with Community Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Cloud (PaaS/Flexibility) Edition of Akeneo.
- Akeneo Connector for Shopify is also compatible with Shopify Plus.
Before you begin, please see the minimum requirements for using this module:
- You need to create a Shopify private app for Akeneo integration.
- For exporting images to Shopify, HTTPS protocol should be enabled on Akeneo server.
- This module works with Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x and 3.2.x. Download Akeneo from here
- Export Akeneo categories as ‘Collections’ in Shopify
- Export product data including variations
- Specify variation’s price, SKU, quantity, barcode, weight
- Send multiple product images to Shopify
- Update exported products on Shopify by running the export job again.
- Map Akeneo attributes with Shopify product details.
- New updated mapping for meta fields like String, Integer and Json_string for export jobs.
- Set fixed values for exported products in Akeneo settings.
- Export quantity, barcode, weight, product type, vendor, tags with product data.
- Send SEO information – page title, meta description, URL
- Mention price and compare at price.
- Specify “Charge taxes on this product” is required or not.
- Export metric unit with tags.
- Supported the new API version(2019-07).
- Filter products to export based on – category, families, completeness, time condition, status
- The export specific product(s) using the identifier (SKU)
- Connect multiple Shopify stores with Akeneo by providing separate credentials
- Link variant image of the product to its variation
- Compatible with the Shopify Plus platform also.
- Quick export functionality included for exporting a selection of products.
- Shopify Meta Fields mapping is supported.
- Import products, variations, categories, attributes from Shopify to Akeneo.
- Using Shopify standard attribute code, you can map additional attributes for imported products.
- The source code is 100% open for customization.
- Quick export currency mapping
- Multiple attribute mapping by concatenating the attributes
Shopify API Credentials
You need to create a private app for integrating Shopify store with Akeneo PIM. The private app gives access to your store’s data directly using Shopify’s APIs.
To generate the required credentials, please follow the steps:
From your Shopify admin, go to Apps.
Click Manage private apps.
Click Create a new private app button
In the Description section, enter any Private app name.
In the Permissions section, select Read and write access for Products, variants and collections.
Then, click ▼ Review disabled Admin API permissions and select Read and write access for Product information
Also, select Read and write access for Inventory (Note: Available for Shopify Store created after 1 July 2018).
When you’re done, click Save. The API key and password for your app will be displayed on the screen. You just need to copy the API key and Password.
For installing this module in Akeneo, please follow the below steps:
1 – Unzip the respective extension zip and then merge the “src” folder into the akeneo project root directory.
2 – Goto app/AppKernel.php and add the line.
in function registerProjectBundles()
3 – Goto app/config/routing.yml and add these lines at top of the file.
shopify: resource: "@ShopifyBundle/Resources/config/routing.yml" prefix: /
4 – You have to navigate to Akeneo Installation Directory(Ex. cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs ). Run this command after ssh to your akeneo server by the terminal.
php bin/console ca:cl --env=prod;php bin/console shopify:setup:install --env=prod
5 – You have to restart your web server like Apache, Nginx. Run the command for Apache web server.
sudo service apache2 restart
Common Issues After Installation
It might happen that even after proper installation, upon opening your Akeneo admin dashboard, you see a loading screen. In that case, do check for the following solution:
- Webpack Installation: If you get the below error It means that web pack is not installed in your system. Run the following command
npm install --save-prod webpack npm install
- Module routing.yml is not configured properly. Re-check the routing.yml file as mentioned in the 3rd step of Module Installation
- Clear your browser cache.
Setup Akeneo Credentials
Now log in to your Akeneo panel and go to Shopify Connector menu option. In the Credentials tab, you need to enter your Shopify store URL, API key, and Password.
You can sync detailed information about the products from Akeneo to Shopify. But first, you need to do the mapping of Akeneo attributes with Shopify product fields.
Please go to Attributes Mapping tab. On the left, you will find all the product fields that can be synchronized with Akeneo attributes. In the middle, you need to select the attribute of Akeneo which will be mapped with Shopify product field.
Following attributes can be mapped:
- Stock Quantity
- Product Type
- Barcode (ISBN, UPC, GTIN, etc.)
- Compare at price
- Meta Title
- Meta Description
- URL and handle
- Taxable (1/0)
- Fulfillment Service
Use This Fixed Value – In case you want to use any definite (same) value for the attribute, you can enter it on the right. But, please note that all the exported products will be using this mentioned attribute value.
For eg., If you want the weight of all the exported products to be 1, then you need to deselect the Akeneo attribute in the middle and enter 1 as the fixed value on the right. Now, all the exported products’ weight will be shown as 1 in Shopify.
Shopify Other Mapping –
Image Mapping – Provide the attributes created as image type which you want to export them to your Shopify store.
Association Mapping – Associations like Cross Sell, Upsell, Substitution etc can be mapped in meta fields.
Attribute to be used as Metafield – If you want to export Meta fields to Akeneo, simply create the required attributes in Akeneo and then select them from Attributes to be used as Meta Fields option. There will be three option-
Quick Export Currency Mapping – From this option, you need to select the currency for the export job. After that, the selected currency attribute value will be used for all quick export jobs.
Import Attributes Mapping
After the release of Akeneo Connector for Shopify version 2.0.0, the module now supports bi-directional synchronization. Means you can now send as well receive your product data between Shopify and Akeneo.
In the Import Attributes Mapping section, you need to configure some settings so that import functionality works properly:
Map More Attributes –
If your products have lots of information, you can enter Shopify attribute code ID and click Add Field. Shopify Akeneo Connector module supports various attributes of Shopify products. Please make sure to use the same attribute code of Shopify in Akeneo.
Shopify Other Mappings-
Set Family (for simple products) – From this option, you need to select an Akeneo family for imported products. All the simple products imported from Shopify store will come under this family.
Set Common Images – From here, you need to select the Akeneo image attributes which will be the common images for the product model. This option is meant for Shopify imported products with variants. Make sure you have created the required attributes in Akeneo already.
Set Variant Image – From here, you need to select an Akeneo image attribute which will be mapped with Shopify imported product variant’s image.
Import Smart Collection as Collection – With this you can Import collection in Akeneo with smart collection.
Other Setting –
Logs Setting –
In other settings, you can Enable API Request Logs and Enable API Response Log in you can check all the export/import processing. If there is any error or issue in the export/import process that will be visible.
Tags Export Setting –
In this tags will be exported from Akeneo to Shopify. There will be three types to export the tag –
- Use Key for Meta Field as Attribute Code / Label – selected attribute will be exported through attribute code/attribute lable.
- Use Namespacefor Meta Field as Attribute Group Code / global – Selected attribute can be exported through attribute group code or global.
Creating Product in Akeneo
To create a product in Akeneo, go to navigate to Products and click the Create button. Now, you need to choose product type – as Product or Product Model.
Product – Select this type for creating a simple product.
Now enter the required SKU, choose a family, and click the Save button.
Product Family – A family is a set of attributes that will be the same for all products belonging to a family. The product family represents products type, imposes product information structure and defines the list of attributes for a product that it belongs to.
Add Product Details
For adding product information, select attribute options you require. You can also create new options for the attribute. Following Attributes from Akeneo are supported for export:
- Stock quantity
- Inventory policy
- Allow customers to purchase this product when it’s out of stock
- Product type
- Compare Price
- Meta Title
- Meta Description
- URL and handle
- Taxable (1/0)
- Fulfillment Service
Mention product’s price and its compare at price (if any). Then, you can mention the search engine listing information – page title, description, URL.
Add New Attribute Option
If an attribute option is missing for a select attribute type (simple or multi-select), you can directly add it to the Product Edit Form. Enter a Code and Label values, then click Save.
Upload an Image
In this connector, we can upload the images. We can click on the image attribute to add an image. After it, we can delete, change, and download the image.
We can export the product content in multi-languages. For it, We have to create the attribute in multi-languages.
Select a category for the product from the left panel and use the checkbox.
Creating Product Variants
To create a product with variations, go to Products>Create and select Product Model.
Creating Export Job
Credentials for Multi-Store
If you have multiple stores in Shopify, you can enter the store credentials here by going to the Credential section. Enter shop URL, API key and API password for that specific store.
Filter Products to Export
View Products in Shopify
Shopify Quick Export
Akeneo Connector for Shopify module also supports Quick Export functionality. It basically allows you to export some selection of products without going through the process of creating an export job profile and following the long procedure.
To do quick export, simply select product(s), go to Quick Export option and choose Shopify Export (All Attributes).
Once you click the Quick Export option, the execution process will run. You can check the details from the notifications section and check the progress in proccess tracker.
For importing product data from Shopify to Akeneo, go to Imports>Create Import Profile.
Now enter a code, label, and select Job as Shopify Import Product.
In case you are managing multiple Shopify stores, you can enter different API credentials of Shopify store from where the products will be imported. Otherwise, skip this step, and click Save.
After that, click the Import Now button to execute the import process.
Thank you for reading this documentation. In case you have an issue with this module, please create a support ticket at – https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket. For further queries or customization discussions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 2.4.5
Supported Framework Version - Akeneo Version 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x, and 3.2.x