Prestashop Postal Code Validator module helps customers to search for the availability of the products. Search the availability of products for any specific location through the postal code. Now, the buyer can see if the product is available at a specific location or not. Add global and product postal codes separately.
Prestashop Postal Code Validator module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Features of Prestashop Postal code Validator
- This module is MultiShop compatible.
- Check product availability through postal code.
- Admin can add global postal codes on all the products.
- Upload a CSV file to add postal codes globally.
- Admin also can add the range of postal codes in the “Global postal code” section.
- Upload CSV file to add the postal code on the products.
- Also, upload the CSV file to add the postal codes associated with the category/supplier/manufacturer.
- Admin can assign postal codes to all combinations of products or any individual combination.
- Also, the admin can add the postal codes by category, suppliers, products, and manufacturers.
- Enable/Disable to ask the postal code when a visitor lands on website via popup.
- Also, the admin can add the postal code ranges.
- Admin can view the list of postal codes assigned to different combinations of product.
How to Install Prestashop Postal Code Validator
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Prestashop Postal Code Validator Configuration
Post-installation, you need to configure the module. Admin can choose to have the product availability globally by enabling the “Make product availability” without adding each & every postal code manually.
Also, the admin can manage to ask for the postal code from the visitors by enabling the “Ask visitor for postal code on landing page” when they visit the website.
Admin End Workflow
After the installation of the module, a new tab Postal Code Validator gets added in the back office. From this tab, the admin can add and manage the postal codes.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
Under Manage Postal Code, there are two tabs Global Postal Code and Postal Code Bulk Action. The postal codes added through global postal code will be applicable to all the products.
The admin can add postal codes in three ways:
- Upload CSV File to add postal codes.
- Add postal code range.
- Add postal codes one by one manually.
Add Postal Code Range
If the admin wants to add a CSV file for the postal code then the first column name would be for ‘postal code’ in which the postal code would be written. The second column would be ‘active’, showing whether the product is available on the postal code or not. You can use only two values in the active column, ie. 0 and 1. 0 denotes the postal code is inactive and 1 denotes the postal code is active.
CSV File Format
Admin can create a CSV file as per the format provided and he needs to save the file with “.csv” extension.
Add postal code range via CSV file
The admin can upload the CSV file to add the postal code range for the products.
Postal Code Bulk Action
Using the postal code bulk action, you can select the products for which you want to add postal codes. Also, you can choose the categories, manufacturers, and suppliers on whose products you want to add the postal codes.
The admin can assing postal codes in bulk to the products by uploading a CSV file, adding postal code range, or adding one by one manually.
Add Postal Codes by Products
Once added, the admin can view list of postal codes under the postal code Bulk Action tab.
Add Postal Codes via CSV File
Add Postal Codes by Category
The admin can add the postal codes on all the products of specific categories.
Add postal codes by Manufacturer and Supplier
Similarly, the admin can add the postal codes for manufacturers and suppliers.
Front End Workflow
When a user visits the store, a popup will appear on the page asking for the postal code as enabled by admin. The product availability will display for the postal code on the website.
A user can enter a postal code on the product page to check the availability of the product.
When product is available for delivery at entered postal code
When product is not available at the entered postal code
Since the product is not available at the postal code, the add to cart button will get disabled and the user won’t be able to order the product.
There can be a case when a customer has added products to the cart without checking its availability at his delivery address postal code.
In this case, a notification will appear under shipping method as shown in the below screenshot.
The customer will have to remove the unavailable product to complete the order.
This was all about PrestaShop Postal Code Validator Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket or send us a mail at [email protected]
Also, please explore our Prestashop development services and a vast range of quality Prestashop addons.
Current Product Version - 5.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x
Leave a Comment