Prestashop Zipcode Validator module helps customers to search the availability of the products. Search the availability of products for any specific location through the zip code. Now, the buyer can see if the product is available at a specific location or not. Add global and product zip code separately.
Features of the Module
- Check product availability through zip code.
- Admin can add zip code availability with a particular product.
- Admin can also add global zip codes to add to all the products.
- Upload a CSV file to add product & global zip codes.
- Admin can individually assign zip codes to every combination of product.
- Admin can view the list of zip codes assigned to different combinations of product.
New Features (As per Current Version – 4.0.2)
- If you add the product to cart after checking the Zipcode Availability: Here, the module will disable add to cart button if the product is unavailable at the entered zip code. Hence, minimizing the chances of getting an order that you can not fulfil.
- If you add the product to cart without checking Zipcode Availability: Order will not be processed until the unavailable product at the entered customer delivery address zip code is removed.
How to install the Prestashop Zipcode Validator module
- Firstly, Go to the Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Zipcode Validator module
After the installation, you need to configure the module. Admin can choose to have the product availability globally by enabling the “Default zipcode availability” without adding each & every zip code manually.
In this way, you can successfully configure the module.
Once the module configuration and the installation is complete, a new tab adds to the dashboard.
The two options respectively “Global Zipcode” & “Product Zipcode” are available under zipcode validator tab. The zipcodes added through global zipcode will apply to all the products.
Add new global zipcodes from here :
If the admin wants to add a CSV file for the zip code then first column name would be for ‘zipcode’ in which the zipcode would be written. The second column would be ‘active’, showing whether the product is available on the zipcode or not. You can use only two values for the active column, ie. 0 and 1.
0 denotes that the zipcode is not active
1 denotes that the zipcode is active
CSV File Format:
Admin can create a CSV file as per the format provided and you need to save the file with “.csv” extension. In this way, you can simply add the ‘global zipcode’.
Now to add ‘product zipcode’. Admin can also add product-wise zipcode. Now, add different zipcodes for different product combinations.
Admin can view the list of zipcodes added to the product, on viewing the detail.
You can also add product zipcode through CSV file format. You need to choose the product and just upload the CSV file and then the zipcodes will be associated with the product.
CSV File Format:
You can create a CSV file as per the format provided and you need to save the file with “.csv” extension. This way, user can search for the product availability through zipcode.
Now on front end user can search the product availability through area zipcode.
When Product is Available for delivery at the entered Zipcode.
When Product is not Available at the entered Zipcode.
Add to cart button will be disabled and the user cannot order the product.
There can be a case that customers have added to cart the product without checking its availability at the entered delivery address zipcode.
In that case: then a notification appears in the shipping section during the checkout process.
Here, you need to remove the unavailable product from the cart, then only the order will be processed.
This was all about Prestashop Zipcode Validator Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. And, do let us know about your views in comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.3
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x