Prestashop UPS Shipping – Provides UPS(United Parcel Service) shipping methods for products to your customers. UPS shipping methods are available for both US-based as well as international customers. The module calculates the cost for UPS Shipping Methods on the basis of UPS configuration details entered by the admin.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Features of Prestashop UPS Shipping
- A new shipping method is available for the customers.
- Shipping methods are available for domestic as well as international buyers.
- The admin can set shipping preferences settings.
- Also, the admin can configure packaging settings.
- Calculates UPS shipping cost based on the configuration set by admin.
- Supports more UPS shipping methods.
- Remove country restriction (Now admin can ship their products worldwide).
- Improve file structure and database structure.
- Fully compatible with the latest API.
- Country restriction for the stores’ availability has been removed.
- Admin has to specify the origin address and city.
- The admin can also enable or disable the addition of handling fees in the UPS shipping rates.
- Enable or disable testing mode in module configuration.
- Added option for UPS account number shipper name and phone number field.
- Also, an option to add shipping/origin address has been provided.
How to Install Prestashop UPS Shipping
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
After the installation of the module, the admin needs to configure it. The module configuration is divided into 3 sections:
- Account Info
- Ship from Address
- Shipping Preferences
Under Account Info, the admin:
- Can enable or disable the testing mode.
- Needs to specify the user ID he received from the UPS account.
- Needs to specify the access key, account number, and password.
- Has to enter the name, phone number, and address details.
- Can choose to add the PrestaShop handling fees to UPS shipping.
Ship From Address
Under this tab, the admin needs to enter the originating address for the shipment of parcels.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
Here, the admin needs to set the shipping preferences.
Under Packaging, the admin can:
- Select the packaging type and unit.
- Specify the box dimensions for a single product and a single quantity.
The package dimension provided in the configuration is the default dimension. If any product has its own dimension, then the package dimension will be the same as the product dimension.
After the successful installation of the module, a list of domestic as well as international UPS shipping methods get added to the carriers list.
Front End Workflow
When a customer adds a product to the shopping cart and proceeds to checkout, he can view UPS Shipping methods with their cost.
Customers can view the name of the UPS shipping carrier with the shipping rate on the order details page.
Similarly, the admin can also view the name of the UPS shipping carrier with the shipping rate on the order page.
This was all about Prestashop UPS Shipping Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.11.4
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x