SumUp is a London based mobile payments company. It provides best in class payment solutions & promises to deliver the money directly to your account in just 1-2 business days.
Prestashop SumUp Payment helps you to add the SumUp payment method to your PrestaShop store. It allows your customers to pay via SumUp payment for their orders. The extension allows you to issue full or partial refunds from the back office.
Note: Module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Features of the SumUp Payment
- Adds SumUp payment method for the customers to pay for their order.
- Choose to show card details form in the Pop-up view.
- View a list of transactions done using SumUp from a separate tab.
- Easily process refunds for orders placed using SumUp.
- Refund the amount partially or in full.
- Show email and zip code fields in card details popup.
- The language in the popup will be the same as the context locale.
- Prestashop SumUp Payment module is MultiShop Compatible.
How to Install PrestaShop SumUp Payment
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to Get API Keys
To get the API keys, visit me.sumup.com. If you already have an account on the website, then login to your account with your credentials. Else, proceed to create an account.
In the process of creating an account, firstly enter the email, and password then select the location of your business. In other words, you need to select the location where you have registered the business.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
Now, enter the required details to create the account. In this way your registration is successful.
Create App ID & App Secret
After successfully creating the account the admin must need to create the API credentials to configure the module. Now first go to the developer section to create the API keys.
After login to the developer section click on the “OAuth Apps”.
After landing on the “OAuth apps” page the admin needs to create the application.
Enter the required details to create the application.
After creating the application click on the application to generate the client secret.
Once admin creates the saves the information the client credentials will be generated.
Prestashop SumUp Payment Configuration
After the successful installation of the module, you need to configure it.
- App ID and App Secret – Specify the app id and secret that you have received from your SumUp account.
- Display payment form in popup – Enable to show the card details form in a popup. If disabled, then the customers will be redirected to another page to fill in the card details.
- Email/Zipcode in payment form – Enable the fields to show email and zipcode in the payment form.
- Refund – Enable to process the refunds for transactions done using SumUp payment gateway.
Kindly note that in order to process the refunds, you need to initiate authorization to authorize your account.
Front End Workflow
Now, the configuration of our module is successful. Let’ see how a customer can pay via SumUp payment method for their order.
As you can see, a new payment method i.e Pay by SumUp Payment is available on the checkout page. Customers can simply select this method to proceed to place the order.
If you have enabled the display of the payment form in a popup, then on selecting the place order button, a card details form will appear in a popup as shown in the below screenshot.
If disabled, then the customer is redirected to another page to fill out the card details.
The language in the payment popup will be the same as the context locale. Suppose, the customer has selected the French language. Now, all the fields will display in the French language as shown in the below screenshot.
Customers can view the name of the payment method on the order confirmation page.
SumUp Payments – Admin’s End
After the installation of the module, a new tab ‘SumUp Transactions’ get available inside PrestaShop Payment tab in the back office.
Under this tab, you can view a list of transactions done using SumUp and manage refunds.
On clicking the view button, you can view the details of the order associated with the transaction.
PrestaShop SumUp Payment allows you to refund the full or partial product amount to the customer. For using the refund feature, you need to initiate authorization to authorize your account.
On clicking the Initiate Authorization button you will be redirected to SumUp website where you need to login to authorize your account.
After logging in you will redirect to the URL https://prestashop.webkul.com/ps17/ps17-moduledemo/en/module/wksumuppayment/sumupauth.
On clicking the Refund now button, a popup appears on the page where you can select the refund type as full or partial.
In case of partial refund, enter the amount you want to refund to the customer.
In the popup, you can view the transaction for the refunded amount.
Current Product Version - 4.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x