Displaying questions and answers on the product page helps in influencing the purchase decision of the customers. Users can easily raise queries regarding the product and get all the answers. Admin can gain the confidence of the users by answering their questions.
Note: PrestaShop Product Question and Answer module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Product Questions and Answers Features
- The module is multi-shop compatible.
- Select position i.e. Product footer or Product tab, to display “Product Question and Answer” block.
- Allow registered customers or everyone to post the questions and answers.
- Enable/Disable the automatic approval of questions and answers.
- Allow/Disallow the customers to vote for a question.
- Specify the character limit within which customers can post questions and answers.
- Set the minimum words required to post a question.
- Display the questions on the basis of “vote” or “date wise”.
- Allow/Disallow customers to like/dislike the answers.
- Admin can allow/disallow the customer to report abuse for an answer.
- Admin can add the question and answer in multi-language.
- Display the answer on the basis of “likes” or “date wise”.
- Enable/Disable the display of reCAPTCHA to customers while posting questions and answers.
- Configure events in which email notifications have to be sent to admin and customers.
- Admin can view list of products for which the customers have posted questions and answers.
- View list of questions and answers posted for a product.
- Admin can also view number of votes given to a particular question.
- View number of answers posted for the questions.
- Admin can also post the question and answers from the back-end.
- Option to enable/disable questions and answers with a single click.
- Edit/Delete questions and answers.
NOTE: PrestaShop Product Questions And Answers module is compatible with Webkul’s GDPR Compliance module.
For the overview of the plugin check the video mentioned-below –
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
After successful installation, a new tab namely “Product Questions and Answers” gets add inside the “Catalog” section. From here, the admin can configure the module.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
Product Questions and Answers Configuration
Under this setting, you can select position of Product Question and Answer block on the front end.
Let’s take a look at how the questions and answers will display on the front according to the two options and after that we will proceed further with the other settings.
From “Question Settings”section, the admin can:
- Choose who can post questions regarding the product.
- Decide whether the question needs his approval or not.
- Specify minimum words required and maximum characters allowed for posting a question.
- Decide the sequence of questions.
First: If admin has selected “vote” in “Question sequence” field and “Ascending Order” in “Question sorting” field then, question with minimum number of votes will display first.
Second: If “vote”is selected under “Question sequence” field and “Descending Order” in “Question sorting” field then question with maximum number of votes will display first.
Third: If admin has selected “Date” in “Question sequence” field and “Ascending Order” in “Question sorting” field, then, questions in oldest to newest sequence will display.
For example, if a customer X has posted a question on 28th July and a customer Y has posted a question on 30th July. Question which was posted on 28th July will display first.
Forth: If “Date” has been selected in the “Question sequence” field and “Descending Order” in “Question sorting” field, then, in that case, the most recent questions will be displayed on the product page.
If admin allows everyone to post the question, then a customer whether he is registered or not can post the question.
When a visitor/guest clicks on “Raise your Query” button, a popup appears on the screen wherein he has to enter his name, email id, and question.
Under “Answer Settings”, admin can:
- Choose who can answer the questions
- Select whether the answer submitted by a customer needs to be approved by him or not.
- Specify maximum character limit for an answer.
- Enable/Disable report abuse option on product page.
- Decide the sequence of answers.
If admin has selected “Likes” in “Answer Sequence” field and “Ascending Order” in “Answer Sorting” field, then, answer with minimum number of likes will be displayed first.
And, if “Likes” is selected in “Answer Sequence” field and “Descending Order” in “Answer Sorting” field, then, in this case, the answer with maximum number of likes will be displayed first.
If admin has selected “Date” in “Answer sequence” field and “Ascending Order” in “Answer sorting” field, then, answers will display in oldest to newest sequence.
For instance, if a customer X has submitted an answer on 1st August and a customer Y has submitted an answer on 2nd August, then the question which was submitted by Customer X on 1st August will be displayed first.
If admin has selected “Date” in “Answer sequence” field and “Descending Order” in “Answer sorting” field then, most recent answers will display first.
For example, if a customer Y has posted an answer on 2nd August and a customer X has posted an answer on 1st August. Answer which was submitted on 2nd August will be displayed first.
Under “Questions and Answers” if the customer finds that the answer inappropriate, then he/she can report abuse the answer as well.
If admin has allowed everyone to answer the questions, then a customer whether it’s registered or unregistered can post the answer.
When a visitor/guest clicks on “Add new answer”, a popup appears on the screen wherein he has to enter his name, email id, and answer.
Admin can also enable/disable the display of reCAPTCHA to the customers while posting questions and answers.
How to Create reCAPTCHA Credentials
To get the Credentials of reCaptcha, Admin will have to create/signup to their accounts from the link: https://www.google.com/recaptcha
Admin needs to either create a new account or login to its existing account to move ahead.
Once logged in, admin needs to follow the below steps and fill necessary information to get the reCAPTCHA credentials.
Once all the details are filled in, the credentials for reCAPTCHA will be generated.
Front End View
If admin have enable reCAPTCHA for questions and answers, then it will display to a customer while posting the questions and answers.
Admin can configure the email notifications to be sent to the customers on certain events.
Front End Workflow
When a customer clicks on “Have a Question?” link, the page scrolls down where he can view “ASK QUESTION” button. A customer can post a question by clicking on this button.
It is necessary for the user to login to his account in order to post a question. If he does not login and tries to post a question, then a popup will appear on the screen as shown below:
The moment the customer has submitted a question, a popup appears on the screen as shown below:
When a customer posts a question, an email notification is sent to both admin and customer regarding the same.
Moreover, the admin and customers gets an email notification when an answer get posted.
Besides, a customer has the ability to view the questions & answers posted by admin and customer who has purchased the product before.
A customer can view five questions on the product page. For viewing other posted questions a customer has to click on “see all questions” link.
By clicking on “see all questions”, a customer will redirect to “Questions and Answers” page where he can perform all the functions related to questions and answers.
If there are more than 10 questions posted for product, then in such a case, a customer can view those questions by clicking on “Load More Questions” link.
View Product Questions and Answers – Admin’s End
In the back office, under “Questions & Answers” tab, the admin can see the complete list of questions posted by the customer for the products.
On clicking “Add Questions” button (on the top right), a popup shows up on the screen where he can select the product for which he wants to post a question.
By clicking on the “View” button, admin can:
- See questions posted for a product.
- Enable/Disable the questions
- See number of votes given to a particular question.
- Edit/Delete the question
- See details of the customers who have posted the question.
- Post a question for the product.
- See number of answers given for a particular question.
Admin can also view the list of answers given by customers for the product.
Under “Answers”, admin can:
- Add an answer for the question.
- View the number of likes/dislikes and report abuse from a customer.
- Edit/Delete the answer.
- Enable/Disable the answer.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or send us a mail at [email protected]
Also, please explore our PrestaShop development services and vast range of quality PrestaShop addons.
Current Product Version - 5.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x
Leave a Comment