With the continuous developments in eCommerce, the need to integrate customer-centric features is also increasing. The race to provide the best services is getting tougher day by day. But that doesn’t mean that you should opt yourself out from the race. Instead, you need to look out more in the world in search of features that seemingly enhances your user experience. And, this time we are here with Prestashop Order Tracking module. The module will ensure a better information update on the order & enhance the user experience too.
These days, every customer wants to be updated of their order status. By installing this module, you can update each & every step involved in the delivery of the order on the order details page. In turn, it ensures customers with progress towards delivery & helps to instil confidence in the customer about the brand.
Prestashop Order Tracking module is compatible with PrestaShop v8.x.x.
This module is MultiShop compatible.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
Features of the Prestashop Order Tracking module
- Buyers can easily track their order.
- Create and configure the order state.
- Add icons to define the order state.
- Change the order state according to actual order status.
- Map the default order status with the tracking state.
- Choose to automatically update the tracking state based on the default order status.
- Four pre-defined order tracking states added in the module.
- Choose a template for order state that will be visible to buyers.
- User interacting interface at frontend to track the order.
- Update the tracking state from the order listing page too.
- Rearrange the position of tracking state from the list & observe that changes at front end too.
How to install the Prestashop Order Tracking module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Order Tracking module
After the successful installation of module, admin can proceed to configure the module.
In the configuration settings, there are two options. The first option allows you to choose a suitable template for order tracking. Whereas, the other option is related to the update of the tracking state. Here, you can choose whether you want to update the order state on change of order status or not.
Also note that there are only two templates available in the module i.e. “Template one” and “Template two”.
Each Template has two views namely desktop view & mobile view.
- Desktop View: Visibility of order states in desktop/laptop screens.
- Mobile View: Visibility of order states in Mobile devices.
After the successful installation of the module, a new tab adds in orders section i.e. “Order Tracking State”.
Under “Order Tracking State” tab, you will see the list of tracking states. Either you can choose to create a new state or else edit the existing state.
Click on the “Add New State” button to create a new state. In order to create a new tracking state, you will need to enter the following information.
- Name of the tracking state
- Description of the tracking state
- Icon for both pending and achieved state
Also, select the default order status with which you want to map this order state. So that tracking state is automatically updated on change of order status. To automatically update the tracking state, you will need to enable it from the configuration settings.
After creating the state admin can view the new state on the order list too. You can change the tracking state of any order from the order list & order details page too.
If the admin changes the tracking state then it will also reflect on the customer end.
Note: If the admin changes the state from “order placed” to “delivered” then in-between states will automatically be achieved.
Rearrange the position of tracking state
Admin can also rearrange the position of tracking states and it will reflect on the customer end too.
Front end view at customer order detail page
This was all about the Prestashop Order Tracking Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 5.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x