Improve the overall shopping experience by offering a wide range of customization options on the marketplace. From t-shirts to mobile phone covers, to gift cards and coffee mugs – a user can personalize it all.
- Multiple options have been provided to customize the products as per need.
- Sellers can add five types of templates viz. view, image, color, text, and paint.
- Admin can add product customization templates and its values on behalf of a seller.
- Users can personalize the products by adding desired image, color, and text.
- Social import feature enables the users to fetch the desired images from their Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Customers can preview the products they have designed before placing the order.
- Product personalization increases customer engagement on the marketplace which leads to higher sales conversion.
- Offering product customization helps the sellers to understand the user’s needs.
Multiple Ways to Customize Product
At front end, the customer can personalize the product in multiple ways:
Adding desired text on the product
Customize the product by adding desired image
Personalize the product by adding color
Adding pattern on your product
After installing the above-mentioned modules you can start the installation of Prestashop Marketplace Web to Print.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> modules & services -> Upload a module.
- Upload the module zip file
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
After the successful installation of the module, admin can configure Facebook and Instagram image import settings.
If admin has enabled the image import, then customers can fetch the images from their Facebook and Instagram accounts. Customers can add the image(s) imported from social sites to the products and customize it as per their requirements.
Front End View
At front end, a customer just has to click on the Facebook/Instagram button for fetching the images from Facebook and Instagram. A customer has to select image(s) to add on a customized product.
How to Generate Facebook and Instagram Credentials
Process for Generating Facebook Credentials
- First of all, admin needs to create an account on Facebook developer site. Go to My Apps->Add New App.
- Enter display name and contact email id to add a new App.
- Go to Settings->Basic.
Process for Generating Instagram Credentials
- First off all, admin has to open the link: https://www.instagram.com/developer/ and then go to Manage Clients.
- Click on ‘Register a New Client’ button.
- Enter the necessary details required to register for client ID.
Seller End Workflow
After the installation of module, a new tab “Manage Product Templates” gets added under the seller’s account from where it can add product customization templates.
While adding a template, a seller has to enter the template name and select type of template.
Types of Templates
In Prestashop Marketplace Web to Print, a seller can add five types of templates:
- View Template
- Text Template
- Image Template
- Color template
- Paint Template
Adding View Template
For adding a view template, a seller has to select “View” in the type field.
After saving the template, a seller can add its value under “Template Value” tab.
The seller needs to enter template value and upload image for adding template value.
NOTE: Values can be assigned only to view, image, and color template only.
After installation of the module, a new tab “Assign Template” gets added on “Update Product” page from where seller can assign template to a product.
Customer’s End View
Customer can view the template and customize the product according to its requirement by clicking on “Customise” button.
Adding Text Template
For adding a text template, a seller has to select:
- “Text” in the type field.
- View template and template value and
- Mark the area in which customer can enter text and customise the product.
After adding a text template, a seller can assign it to a product.
Front End View
If a seller does not select a template value for a “view template”, then text template will not be displayed at front end.
Adding Image Template
For adding an image template, a seller has to select:
- “Image” in the type field.
- View template and template value, and
- Mark the area in image on which a customer can add desired image.
After saving image template, a seller can add its value under “Template Value” tab.
After adding template value, a seller can assign template to a product.
Front End View
Customer can add the image in an area specified by the seller for inserting image and customising the product.
Adding Color Template
For adding a color template, the seller has to select “color” in type field.
After saving the color template, a seller can add its value.
After adding template value, seller can assign template to the product.
Note: Color template can only be used for transparent or SVG images.
If a seller has added an SVG image for a view template and assigned multiple color template values to a product, then a customer can customise the product using multiple values.
Adding Paint Template
For adding the paint template, a seller has to select paint template here.
After adding a paint template, the seller can assign it to the product.
Add Customization Templates and Values – Admin’s End
After the installation of the module, a new tab “Product Customization” gets added under “Marketplace”. From this tab, admin can add product customization templates and its values on behalf of the seller.
For adding a new template, admin has to select the seller to whom it wants to assign a template, template type, and enter template name.
After saving the template, admin can add its value under “Template Value” tab.
For adding template value, admin has to:
- Select the seller to whom it wants to assign template value.
- Select the type of template.
- Specify the template value, and
- Upload an image
Once admin has assigned product customization template and its value to a seller, then he can view it under “Manage Product Templates” tab.
Product Customization – Customer’s End
As configured by a seller, the customers can customize a product as per their requirements.
After customizing the product as per requirements, the customer can download the image by clicking on “download” button.
Once the customer has downloaded the image, it can upload the image and then save it by clicking on “SAVE CUSTOMIZATION” button on the product page.
When a customer adds product to the cart, it can view the customized product image in the cart.
Once the customer has placed an order for a customized product, then a seller can view the customized image under the “Order Details”.
Admin can also view the customized product image on the orders page.
That’s all for Prestashop Marketplace Web to Print still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better http://webkul.uvdesk.com/.
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x