PrestaShop Marketplace Membership module allows the admin to create one or more membership plans for sellers in multiple languages. These plans need to be purchased by the sellers in order to add the products to their store. The plans will be restricted by the number of products that can be active at a time i.e. seller can add various products, but the active products will be equal to or less than the number of products specified in the plan.
The seller can easily upgrade/degrade the plan anytime. The seller will also be notified of the plan through the mail before the plan expires.
Note: PrestaShop Marketplace Membership module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Features of PrestaShop Marketplace Membership
- Admin can add/create membership plans from back-end. Plans can be created in multiple languages.
- Admin can enable Free Membership Plan for sellers for one time use only.
- Remaining days to buy plan before product deactivation for existing sellers, can be set by admin.
- Seller can upgrade/degrade the plans whenever it is required.
- Admin can enable the option to add the existing membership plan remaining days in the next plan the seller purchase. This option will be applicable only when seller degrades the membership plan.
- Enter the number of plans he wants to showcase on a plan page.
- Set number of days after which upgrade warning message will start displaying.
- Admin can set number of products after which upgrade warning message will start displaying.
- Admin can set number of days when the upgrade warning message will be send to seller.
- Seller can renew the latest expired plan if needed.
- Admin can view the history of all the purchased membership plans seller wise.
- Admin can add CRON expression “cron task manager” module.
- Seller can check membership plan history according to ordered currency and language.
- Admin can add auto approve membership feature for one or more order states.
NOTE: PrestaShop Marketplace Membership module is MultiShop Compatible with PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace version 5.4.0/3.4.0 and above.
How to Install PrestaShop Marketplace Membership
For installing this module, you need to install the PrestaShop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module first.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
After the successful installation of the module, the admin needs to configure it.
Set up the cron job to send the email alerts to the sellers automatically.
Note: The “Remaining days to buy plan for existing sellers” option will hide after configuring the module. So the admin can configure this option only one time.
After configuring this option the seller will get an email notification for extending the membership plan. This email will only receive by the sellers when their purchased membership plan will about to expire.
Membership auto active configuration
From here the admin can select the order states on which membership plans will be activated automatically. The admin can select multiple order statuses at a time.
Membership plan degrade configuration
If the admin enables the Free Membership plan for the sellers, then it will appear on the sellers’ end like the way it is shown in the below image.
Note: Free Membership plan is valid for one time use only i.e. if the seller has purchased free membership plan, then it won’t be visible to that seller again on the Membership Plans page.
The above option should enable if the admin wants to add the remaining days of the plan in the next plan that the seller purchase. This option is applicable only when the seller degrades the membership plan.
If the Seller request the Free Membership plan, then it will be automatically activated and will appear at the seller’s end like the way shown in the picture below.
Post-installation, two new tabs Membership Plans and Seller’s Plan Detail get available under Marketplace.
Under this tab, a list of all the plans that the admin has created for the sellers will display. Admin can create a new membership plan by clicking on the “Add new plan button” or by clicking on the symbol “+”. Also, the admin can edit or delete the plan.
On clicking the “Add new plan” button, a new form appears on the page. In the form, the admin needs to specify the plan details like plan name, description, price, duration, etc.
Seller’s Plan Detail
Under this tab, the admin can view a list of sellers and the membership plans purchased by them.
On clicking the View button, the admin can see a list of all the plans purchased by a seller.
Seller End Workflow
After successful configuration, a new tab “Plan Detail” gets available for the sellers in the marketplace menu.
Note: To add any product in the store, the seller needs to purchase a membership plan.
On clicking the BUY PLAN button, a seller redirects to a page where he can view all the membership plans.
Once purchased, the seller can view details of the plan under the Plan Detail tab.
If a seller wants to add more products to his store than the number of products specified in the plan, then a message will appear as shown in the below screenshot.
Now, Seller will click on the “View all membership plans” button to buy other plans available. But the seller can only add one membership plan to a single cart. After the purchase of a single plan, the seller can add another plan to the cart.
After successful payment “seller membership plan” request is sent to admin. Once the admin has approved the membership plan request, the status of the plan will change to active. Also, the seller can extend the purchased plan.
At sellers end
At admin’s end
Also, once the purchased plan expires, the seller can renew it.
But, if a seller wants to buy the degraded plan, then before buying the plan he has to bring his number of products within the limit of the allowed number of products in the plan. Refer to the screenshots-
Note: If seller purchased some other plan and its status is updated to “Active” by admin then, the previous plan automatically gets expired even if it has time for its expiration.
This was all about PrestaShop Marketplace Membership Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 5.2.1
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x