Managing an online store with a large number of products can be difficult especially when your product combinations get out of stock. Product combinations in your store go out of stock for a number of reasons. Prestashop Hide or Disable Attributes With Stock facilitates you to hide the out of stock product combinations so that your customers won’t see the product combinations they cannot purchase.
In default Prestashop, when customers select the product combination, only then they will find out the stock availability and may be able to add to cart. When customers find out that the product combination they are looking for is out of stock they will get frustrated and may leave your store without making a purchase.
You can hide or disable the product combinations for more than one country and zones. Also, you can define the date/price range for which the product combinations will be hidden.
Features of Prestashop Hide or Disable Attributes With Stock
- Hide or Disable the product combinations with zero quantity.
- Option to hide attributes of non-existing product combinations.
- Configure the date range for which the product combinations will be hidden.
- Define the price range for which you want to hide the product combinations.
- Select the products of which you want to hide or disable the product combinations.
- Select the zones and countries for which the product combinations will be hidden.
- Hide product combination for a particular currency or language.
- Select the attributes that you want to hide or disable.
- Choose to which group(s) of customers you do not want to show the product combinations.
- Go to back-office ->modules ->Module Manager.
- Now, click on “Upload a module” button and select the module’s zip file.
- In this way, the module gets install on Prestashop.
Prestashop Hide or Disable Attributes With Stock – Configuration & Workflow
Under Global Configuration, admin can:
- Choose to hide or disable the attributes of the combinations with 0 quantity.
- Enable or Disable to hide attributes of the non-existing product combinations.
- Disable the attributes of out of stock product combination instead of hiding them.
Suppose a product combination gets out of stock.
Now, if admin has enabled “Hide attributes of out of stock combinations” and disabled “Disable Attributes” field. Then attribute(s) of product combination with zero quantity will not display at the front end.
As we can see in the above screenshot that the attribute size: S is not visible on the product page.
If “Disable Attributes” is enabled, then the attribute size: S gets greyed out and the customer won’t be able to select the attribute.
Attribute Rule Management
Under “Attribute Rule Management”, admin can create a hide rule. While creating a rule, admin can select the products to hide using product filters and target of hide products using target filters.
Under General information, admin can set the date range for which he wants to hide the product combinations. Also, admin can enable or disable the hide rule.
After setting the date range, admin can select the products to hide using the following filters:
- Price Range
Under target filters, admin can choose to which group of customers to whom he do not want to show the product combinations. Admin can select the zones, countries, currencies, and languages for which the hide rule will be applicable.
- Minimum order total: Hide rule is applicable for the customers who have placed orders equivalent to or more than the amount specified by admin in this field.
- Minimum number of orders: Product combinations are not shown to the customers who have placed at least the specified number of orders on the store.
As we can see admin has selected the attribute Size: S while adding a hide rule. Therefore, customers from selected group(s), zone(s), countries, etc cannot see the attribute(of combination with 0 quantity) on the product page.
Suppose, if a customer selected the French language, then the global configuration will not apply for that customer i.e attribute Size: S will display on the product page.
Once admin has added the hide rules, then he can view it under “Manage Hide Rule” tab as show below:
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x