Prestashop Helpdesk– This module is all about providing customers an interface where they can manage their pre-sale & post-sale queries easily by creating the tickets on the front-end. With this module, admin can create groups, agents and can assign different type of queries accordingly to the groups or agents. Once the ticket is generated by visitor/customer, then the ticket based on the type of query can be seen by the associated groups or agents. Admin can access all the data i.e. Help tickets, customer information, order information in one convenient location.
Note: Our module is completely GDPR compliant.
- Allows customers to contact the store admin regarding their queries.
- Allow/disallow visitors to create the tickets.
- Email notification to the customers on creation of new tickets and change of ticket status.
- Validate the user by displaying reCAPTCHA on ticket form.
- Filter tickets locally as well as globally on the system based on ticket number, customer or query type.
- Create new tickets on behalf of the customers.
- Create multiple agents and assign them to multiple groups.
- Create multiple query types such as pre-sale queries, post-sale queries, support related queries etc.
- Improve customer service on your store.
- Providing quick support will help you in building strong relationship with your customers.
After successful installation, admin has to configure the module settings.
Under “General Settings”, admin can select the background color & text color of Help Desk Page to be displayed at front end, file type(s) to be uploaded by a customer while creating a ticket, and allow/disallow visitors to create a ticket.
- Allow Visitors to create ticket
If enabled by admin, then a visitor can also create a ticket at front end.
If disabled by admin, then a user needs to login in order to create a ticket.
- Confirmation mail to customer when new ticket is created – If enabled by admin, then an email notification will be sent to a customer on creation of a new ticket.
- Notification mail to agents when new ticket is created – An email notification will be sent to the agent whenever a new ticket is created by a customer.
- Mail to customer when ticket status updated to Closed and Resolved – If enabled by admin, then an email notification will be sent to the customer when the status of his ticket gets updated to “closed and resolved”.
SEO & URLs
Under Captcha, admin can enable/disable reCAPTCHA in “create ticket form” and “reply ticket form”.
How to Create reCAPTCHA Credentials
To get the Credentials of reCaptcha, admin has to create/signup to their accounts from the link: https://www.google.com/recaptcha
Admin needs to either create a new account or login to its existing account to move ahead.
Once logged in, admin needs to fill necessary information to get the reCAPTCHA credentials.
Once all the details are filled in, the credentials for reCAPTCHA will be generated.
- Add reCAPTCHA on create ticket form – If enabled by admin, then reCAPTCHA will be displayed in create ticket form as shown below:
- Add reCATCHA on reply ticket form – If enabled by admin, then reCAPTCHA will be displayed to the customer in the reply ticket form.
After successful installation, a new tab “Help Desk” gets added in the back office with 5 new tabs under it.
Under All Tickets admin/agent can:
- View list of all the tickets created by the customers status wise.
- Apply filters on tickets locally as well as globally.
- Create new tickets on behalf of customers
Admin can create a new ticket by clicking on “Create new ticket” button. By default, the status of the ticket created by admin will be “Open”.
Under this tab, admin can create the agents and assign every agent to a particular group. Each group will be associated with a Query Type. Any customer ticket with that Query Type will be handled by the agents of that group.
Note: Before creating agents, admin has to create a profile on Prestashop.
Go to Advanced Parameters -> Team -> Profiles
On clicking “Add New Profile”, admin has to enter the name of the Profile & then Save.
Once the Profiles have been created, they will display on “Profiles” page.
Now, give the required permission to these profiles. Go to Advanced Parameters -> Team -> Permissions.
Once, the profiles have been created & the permissions have been given, admin will now have to add Employees in Prestashop. Go to Advanced Parameters -> Team -> Employees, list of all the employees that admin has created will display here.
On clicking “Add New Employee”, admin has to fill the form and click on Save and employee will get created.
Once the Employees have been created, they will be displayed on “Employees” page.
This is how admin can successfully create employees for help desk.
After creating employees, admin has to create agents for help desk. Admin can add new agents by Clicking on “Add New Agent” button.
Once the agent gets created, it will be displayed on the “Agents” page.
After creating agents, admin has to assign these agents to certain groups. These groups are created on the basis of their departments or queries.
Admin can create new groups by clicking on “Add New Group” button. Admin will have to enter the name of group & assign the agents to that particular group.
Once the groups have been created, the list of groups will be displayed on “Group Management” page.
Ticket Status Mapping
Under this, admin can map any two statuses together. By default, admin will get the status mapped with their own status type. Such as open with open.
On editing the status, admin can map any status to any other status.
An eCommerce site can have any kind of queries such as pre-sale queries, post-sale queries, support related queries etc. It is important to create the query type accordingly and assign them to a particular group so that the ticket created for the particular query can be seen by the agents of the assigned group.
On clicking “Add New Query Type”, enter the name of Query Type and assign a group to it.
Now, in the front end, customer will find to new tabs “Create Ticket” in the header and “Ticket List” in the customer account section.
Customer can raise a ticket by clicking on “Create Ticket” tab on header.
Note:- Based on the Query Type, ticket will be visible to the assigned group. The agents in the group will reply to this ticket. All the tickets will be visible to admin, so that admin can also reply to the tickets. Once the ticket is created, the ticket will be visible to the assigned group. Go to Help Desk management-> All Tickets.
Admin can reply to the customer by clicking on Ticket ID or Subject to.
Note:- There are three types of reply that can be made on an ticket-
- Reply- This will be sent to the customer.
- Internal Note- If agent want to save certain important information related to the ticket, then agent can use internal note. This will not be visible to the customers.
- Forward- With this agent can assign the ticket to any other agent.
Now, once agent has replied to the ticket, the ticket status will changed depending on the mapping done by admin.
Go to “Answered” status & you’ll find that ticket there. Click on the ticket ID to view the details. If the agent select an “Internal Note” from”Select Reply Type”.
If the agent select “Forward” from”Select Reply Type”.
When admin/agent replies to the customer’s ticket, customer will receive the mail. The customer can then visit their account to view the tickets created by them.
Once, the customer clicks on the “Ticket List” tab, he will be able to see the complete list of tickets he has created so far with an option to view the complete details.
When customer clicks on “More Details” button he can see the replies of the admin/agent and can take the conversation ahead.
In this way the admin/agents can continue the conversation with the customers and can resolve their issues. With the help of the help desk system, admin can have records of the issues related to their products and they can easily improve the customer service.
That’s all for Prestashop Helpdesk still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better http://webkul.uvdesk.com/.
Current Product Version - 4.2.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x