Prestashop Customer Wallet System- “Wallet System is a trending concept in today’s world”. We have therefore built a wallet system to use it on Prestashop platform. Prestashop Customer Wallet module allows customers to make the payment using their wallet. In this module, a user can use a wallet during the checkout and money will deduct from their wallet. They can easily add credit to their wallet system. Ultimately ensure a hassle-free, easy-to-go and a user-friendly payment option.
- A Fast Online Payment Method will be available to the customers.
- The customer can easily add money in their wallet and use it for making transactions.
- Admin can view the customer details who are using Wallet System along with the transactions made by them using the wallet system.
- Admin can use the Wallet in single/multiple currencies.
- Wallet balance converts to context currency if you are using it for multiple currencies.
- If the wallet has insufficient balance to complete the order, the customer can add money into the wallet on run-time without losing its current cart.
- If the wallet has insufficient balance to complete the order, Buyer has an option to pay the remaining amount through the other payment options available.
- Buyers can view their wallet transactions easily in their respective accounts.
- Buyers will be notified via mail regarding the transactions made using the Wallet
We override Cart.php file for proper functioning of the module.
How to install Prestashop Customer Wallet System module
- Firstly, Go to the Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
After successful installation of this module, admin needs to configure the module.
Admin can select if the wallet will be operational for single currency or multiple currencies.
Let us check how a customer can benefit from the wallet usage.
Wallet for Single Currency
As per the configuration, if the admin has opted to use the Wallet for a single currency, the wallet balance will not be available for other currencies (if selected by the customer on frontend).
Customer has selected US dollar ($) as the context currency.
A customer has selected Euro (€) as the context currency.
Add money to the wallet
Customer needs to go to My Account -> My Wallet to add money to the wallet.
In order to add money to the wallet, enter the amount & click on “Add Money” button.
Suppose a customer wants to add $200.00 in the Prestashop wallet. In order to do so, the customer will enter the amount. After that, a customer will click on the ‘Add Money’ button. Now, the customer can see all the payment options available to make the payment. To add the money to the wallet, a customer can simply make the payment through any payment method.
After the customer makes the payment, an admin needs to change the order status to “Payment Accepted”. Then only, the balance will display at the customer end.
Now, a customer can view the new wallet balance. And, they can make purchase through this payment mode too.
Pay for the order using wallet
Let’s see how a customer can make payment via wallet.
If the wallet balance of the customer exceeds the order amount. Then, he/she can make total payment via wallet only.
In case, if the order amount exceeds the wallet balance of the customer. Then, a customer has two options.
The first option is to pay through available wallet balance. And, the remaining amount through any other payment method.
Otherwise, a customer has another option too. In this case, he/she can add more money to the wallet & proceed with the payment through the wallet only. In this case, they don’t lose their cart.
A customer can view all the transactions of the wallet under ‘My Wallet’ available on dashboard.
Order amount exceeds the wallet balance. And, a customer chose to pay the remaining amount via another payment method.
Let’s understand this with a simple example.
Total order amount is $210.98
Total money in the wallet is $200.00
Remaining amount is $10.98
Here, if the customer chose to pay the remaining amount using some other payment option.
Then only 200$ transaction will display in ‘My wallet’ section. A customer can view remaining payment of 10.98$ on order details page.
Go to My Account -> Order History and Details to view this.
Wallet for Multiple Currency
Suppose admin enables the creation of wallet in multiple currencies from the configuration.
let us check the functionality at frontend that how wallet for multiple currencies works.
Suppose the currencies in your Prestashop are US Dollar($) and Euro(€). Now, the wallet money will convert into the selected context currency.
A customer has selected US dollar($) as the context currency.
Now, the customer has selected Euro(€) as the context currency.
This is how our Prestashop Customer Wallet works.
A new tab adds at the admin end. Go to Customers then to Customer Wallet.
Admin can view a list of customers who are using the wallet. Admin can also see the transactions made by the customers via Prestashop Wallet.
This was all about Prestashop Customer Wallet System Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. And, do let us know about your views in comments.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x