Prestashop Custom payment allows you to create multiple custom payment methods for your Prestashop store. Customers do not have to rely on selected payment methods as they can choose from multiple payment methods as per their convenience.
Features of Prestashop Custom Payment
- Additional discount for each custom payment method attracts more customers to the store.
- Set the predefined order status of an order for each custom payment method.
- Select which user group can have the access to which custom payment method.
- Set the minimum cart total required for a customer to access a custom payment method.
- Select which shipping method is available for a custom payment method.
- Customers can select from different payment methods as per convenience.
- Admin can also select custom payment method while creating an order from back office.
- Admin can also configure the positions on which he wants to display the banners.
- Display of banner on different positions increases customer engagement on the store.
- Go to back office ->modules.
- Upload the module zip file.
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
After the successful installation of the module, a new tab “Custom Payment” gets available under ‘Shop Parameters’. Admin can configure custom payment methods from here.
Admin can add a custom payment method by clicking on “Add custom payment” button.
Under “General” tab admin can:
- Add a logo for a custom payment method.
- Add details related to a payment method which will be visible to customer on the checkout page at front end.
- Configure confirmation text and description to be visible to the customers on the order confirmation page.
- Select status for orders placed using custom payment method.
- Enable/Disable sending of an email to the customer if he has placed an using this custom payment method.
Once enabled by admin, then the custom payment method will be displayed under the “Payment” tab on the checkout page at the front end as shown below:
Confirmation text and description
Once a customer has placed an order using custom payment method, then he can view confirmation text and description on order confirmation page.
A customer can also view custom payment method used for placing an order on the order details page.
Once a customer has placed an order using custom payment method, then admin can view it under “Orders”.
Admin can also create an order on behalf of a customer by selecting a custom payment method.
Under “Restrictions” tab, admin can:
- Restrict the access of a custom payment method for the user group(s).
- Select shipping methods and currencies with which custom payment method will not be applicable.
- Set the minimum order total so that customers whose order total is more than specified total will have access to custom payment method.
- Restrict the customers from the particular countries to access custom payment method.
Admin can set additional discount for a custom payment method. So that if a customer pays for his order via custom payment method then he gets discount on his purchase. Also, admin can set the minimum cart total a customer requires to be eligible for getting discount.
Front End View
While placing an order, a customer can view custom payment methods added by admin from the backend on the checkout page as shown below:
When a customer selects the custom payment method on the checkout page, then any discounts associated with custom payment get applied on the cart as shown below:
Under “Banner Settings”, admin can:
- Enable/Disable the automatic sliding of one banner to another.
- Enable/Disable navigation buttons and slide pause on mouse hover.
- Set the time duration after which one banner switches to another banner in a slider.
- Configure the display positions of the banner on the website.
- On home page
- Top of the landing page
- On the left column and before footer
In this way, admin can successfully add custom payment methods to store and can even provide discounts to customers on using those custom payment methods.
That’s all for Prestashop Custom Payment module.
Current Product Version - 5.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x